What's new

Show us your tails........foxtails that is!!

randalika

Mentor
Veteran
victory
picture.php

picture.php

delta9 ... didnt get her to foxtail that much ever again.
picture.php

picture.php

SativaBreather

Veteran
the story is:

Old Timer is the breeder - the English equivalent of Sams but without the ego and dry sift obsession
the limited amount of info he will give is it is a 5 way hybrid, 4 being African land race sativas and the 5th a 'twist of indica'

the plant pictured is from f2

teide

Veteran
Wonderful photos!
I am searching for a cultivar that will produce stable foxtailing all over the plant. I also want the foxtails to be passed on in a cross.
The ones that only foxtail due to lighting, high N or temps/humidity are not interesting.
I want to cross a foxtail freak with Australian Bastard so that some where down the line I find a pheno with ABC leaves and foxtail buds.
Where to start?

teide

Veteran
I cannot find f13 seeds. Nor Flo, original BB or true oaxacan/Oregon Purple Thai. I will look for BB and oaxacan hybrids. Also SSSD and Neville's Haze. I have a Dr. Grinspoon seedling and three Ace Golden Tigers in veg. Crossing my fingers on those. I suspect thai, haze and oaxacan to have genetic foxtails. I've read that diesel strains foxtail easily, but I suspect that is environmentally induced. I've read more about different strains after seeding photos on seedbanks, but those shots might be misleading, as in just a part of the plant foxtailing or just boosting with nutes etc.
Some of the photos in this thread are possibly similar. One bud or just parts of the plant foxtailing. I would really like to know which of these examples in this thread are consistently producing foxtails, as in whole plant, regardless of environment, maintaining the foxtails when cloned and revegged.
That is what I would love to find. I would keep it as a mother, reverse a clone and pollenate an ABC. Also try the other way around and use ABC pollen on a clone. Hopefully the foxtailing genes can be combined with the recessive genes that govern the abnormal leaves of ABC.