What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should I use 2 fans or 1 large one.

I'm setting up my grow any would like opinions and advice...please.

I'll be growing in a 15' X 20' room in the basement, I plan on the grow area being along the short wall... so 4'-5' X 15'.

The lights are 2 1k watt with 6" vented hoods and a twin 400w hood that has no duct connection. I'll most likely be repurposing the 2x 400w to a veg area and replace it with another 1k at some point. It would most likely be a 6" vented hood, same as the others.

I'll be cutting holes for duct in the corner of the room that has a closet on the corresponding wall so everything will stay hidden from the eye.

So the question is should or could I use a 8" or 10" filter fan combo to vent the lights AND give negative pressure/ air freshening? Could the larger fans take being reduced to 6" thru 3 hoods and still move enough air to be effective.

What say you?

Speed of green

Yes you can still move enough air, depending on the fans capacity and how you have it setup.

The ducts dont like to be "sucked" through, they kink and restrict airflow.

This is my old setup, its 8"... positive pressure from the fan to outside will make sure no smells creep in through your lighs and ductwork. .

picture.php

Yea, lagunitas is some tasty stuff! I bought a magnum of their unlimited editon imperial stout recently....A+ and pretty affordable.

Speed, is that 8" or 10"? What kind of trouble will it cause necking the duct down to 6" repeatedly?

Basically, do you think an 8" would work or should I go 10"?

Speed of green

i would get one reducer from an 8" fan to the 6" ducting. i dont think going back and forth between 8 and 6 would benefit you.

This system is all 8" i think the fan is like 750cfm.

i think an 8" fan and filter will be fine for a 6" duct. it will flow better than you think.

to attach the ducting to the walls and ceiling i get the big zip ties from Lowes, and loosely zip tie the duct and then screw the tail part of the zip tie to the ceiling or wall.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-15-Pack-24-in-Nylon-Cable-Ties/50005758

Latest posts

Latest posts