What's new

should I spring for a Co2 Boost Bucket? any good??

TicalionStalion

hey guys, so my shop has got in some of these bad boys,

http://www.co2boost.com/home.aspx

the ones we have look a bit different, but the size and shape is the same. anyway, they run about 130 bucks. Im really interested in trying out Co2. my grow is very small scale and in a regular bedroom, no growroom. Im not trying to have tanks and regulators and what not. I looked into excelofizz pucks, tried a sample 1 from my store, it was OK, but I didnt notice any difference.

but this boost bucket seems like a great idea for me. Im just not sure how well it works, the testimonials on the website seem great, Iv read some good things about it in Urban Gardener. hmmmm. should I spring for it?

any of you guys use these type of buckets with noticeable success??? If it works like its supposed to, I think it should be awesome ehh??

I know theres lots of factors when admistering the Co2...like airflow, temp, placement of the bucket, ect. anyone using these have some goos set-up suggestions?? If I do buy it, I want it to work, and I wanna get the most out of it!

thanks you guys!! :smokey:

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
dude you'll get 30% more bud if all your other factors are in check, co2 pays for it self in no time. Not sure about buckets, but i would not grow without co2, photosynthesis will not happen without these elements, add em in and you super charged your grow

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
Im not 100% sure,but i think i can do the same thing making home made wine.I think they might have something like that in those buckets.Im not sure though.Im definetly going to look into CO2 some more though.Thanks for posting this.Great Info

TicalionStalion

thanks B, I know the power of Co2. just one question, is Co2 just as, if not more affective in flowering as it is in veg?? cuz by the time I get the bucket, itll be flowering time. and they say u can get 90 days out of the bucket if u time it with ur lights. sounds dank to me.

also, they show u how to apply it. you run an airline tube right above the plants...I figure best way would be to use one of the T connectors/splitters for the airline and make 2 tubes out of the 1...then maybe tape each line to both sides of the reflector...even Co2 for my whole 3x3 table, ya know?! :)

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
it's as effective in both, I can cut a 5 week veg down to 3 easily, or top my plants and have faster recovery.
if only in flowering stage, do it, you'll increase your bud amounts by 20% easy.
as long as you have air movement in your room you're ok. co2 is heavier than air so yes it will drop, hence the need for fans. if you can put it behind a fan so it spreads around. or like you say above the plants for the reason it's heavier than air.

Dr.NO

If you can afford it it's worth it. If you can't afford it you can make something similar on your own. Warm water, yeast, and sugar for the yeast to feed on creates CO2. Theres a DIY on this site somewhere for it.

dwarfganja

Not sure where I got this but this seems like a pretty cheap DIY.

You will need: - 2L Bottle.
- Release Valve (Twin Bubble Air-Lock) & Grommet. (Available anywhere 'Home-Brew' equipment is sold.)
- 1 Cup of Sugar.
- 1 Tablespoon of Yeast.

Things 2 Know About Adding Yeast & Sugar.

Too Much Yeast will cause the fermentation reaction to occur too quickly.

Too Much Sugar will break down the cells in the Yeast and not allow fermentation.

Both these things will affect negatively the release of the CO2.

You will know when you are out of CO2 in the Bottle because the Valve Release will stop bubbling.
You can add more sugar to the mixture when it stops bubbling, or simply empty it out & make up a new mixture.

Also it is a good idea to put the bottle of CO2 as level to your plants as you can get them as CO2 is heavier than Oxygen and will not benefit you or your plants if it is released at a lower level.

Phedrosbenny

Veteran
Well im not sure how it will effect the co2 production,but you really dont have to use yeast.Another thing you can do for yeast is swish a little of the water or whatever fluid you are going to have in your mixture around in your mouth and then put it back in whatever your keeping it in.you can also use just water.You just have to get bacteria in it
somehow..with yeast or something else.

dwarfganja

ooooooooooookkkkkkkkkk! What is is swish and spit time to make CO2....like when you where in grade school and the fluoride lady came around??

"Another thing you can do for yeast is swish a little of the water or whatever fluid you are going to have in your mixture around in your mouth and then put it back in whatever your keeping it in" :chin:

Phedrosbenny

Veteran
No its the way traditiona alcoholic drink is made.Im not sure of the natives that use it.Possibly New Guinea.I saw it on National Geographic or a show like it.And ive mad a whole lot of wine.Never used yeast.

Hey before you guys poke fun at something try Googling it first.

TicalionStalion

well I just got this and set it up tonight, I gotta get it on a timer to come on with the lights. Ill let u guys know how it works! Ill post pics too.

TicalionStalion

I dont know if its just my imagination, but just a few hours with the bucket on, having it pour right over the table, with a fan circulating the air in the room...I swear they grew atleast an inch in every direction lol, all perky, standing up tall lol. we'll see. I'll post some pics for u guys in a few days, you be the judge!! ;)

TicalionStalion

wow guys, no lie...since I added this boost bucket last night, the plants look like they have sped up a week almost, in just a matter of hours, its really insane. awesome product so far, wait till I post some pics! :D GET EXCITED! lol.

take care guys, keep a look out for the pics.

Quite an imagination ya got there. A weeks worth in a few hours. LOL
Those buckets are OK but not worth the cost. Sugar and yeast produce WAY more Co2 than the bucket does. If your room isn't dialed in right Co2 won't help much anyway. I'll probably get flamed by high times kids but it's truth. When all other factors are prime, Co2 can and does increase growth and yield but if all other factors aren't up to par, you're absolutely wasting time, money and Co2.

TicalionStalion, It's cheaper here & it gives you any were between 20 to 35% more growth in flowering and only use it with a timer and when your lights are on and use it 12/12 on a timer. I have a few friends who use them and just buy the refills for $99.00 alot cheaper then buying a tank & having it filled etc. Do what's right for you bro!

Below is the same product $24.00 less below.

http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/co2-boost-bucket-pump-p-2357.html

TicalionStalion

I work at the hydro store, so I got it for around 110 with my discount. heres the proof pics. maybe not a weeks worth of growth, I may have gotten alittle excited, but no shit what so ever...atleast 3-4 days worth.

BEFORE:
------------------------------------------------
4271.jpg

4276.jpg

AFTER:
------------------------------------------------
4292.jpg

4294.jpg

pretty big difference in a day, wouldnt you say?? :) Im very happy with this product.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
I used to use those little co2 boost buckets. I don't know much about your setup, but I used mine in a tent, and I had my exhaust and co2 boost hooked on timers so I wasn't exhausting what little co2 I was getting from the bucket.