What's new

should i sog or scrog?

sum_kid

ok so i got sum bagseed and before i do anything i want to know wut im ganna do to be prepared. i want to scrog in a little cab with a 70w hps but seams like theres no way to do it juss from seed. i dont want to wait a freakin year or sumthing so that seams too long. unless if there a way of sexing them early and then put it under the screen. instead waiting for the clone for another 2 months. and pluss it seams hard and confusing to scrog with all those stems goin all over the place. i never grew b4 so that makes me unconfident. so then i started thinkin about sog becuss of the short veg time. would it yeald more with 4 donkey dicks in one foot sog or 30 bic lighters in one foot scrog?. i really like the idea of the single 12in donkey dick top cola idea but it would make me kind of paranoid cuss of the increased number of plants you would need for sog. if i can sumhow scrog with the seed without having to clone and wait for that i would scrog. can anyone give me there thoughts on this?

J

Jam Master Jaco

Scrog. You're gonna want as much of the plant as close as possible to that little bulb. Check the LST link in my signature :wave:

The penetrating power of a 70 watter isn't much at all...it's not even on this chart so I'd guess that a 70 watter has a good penetration distance of maybe 8 inches from the bulb. So if possible at all, try to throw in a little flouro light, like one 45 watter. more watts=more bud

Last edited:

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Growing herb is wonderful fun and there is plenty of info here on how to do it.

Can I ask you a question? How old are you?

sugabear_II

Veteran
good question piece of my heart^^^^^^

I would SGROG. grow them from seed in smallest containers you can fit in the space. flip them (turn lights to 12/12) after the third week, 2 weeks later when they show sex kill the males, transplant the girls to a bigger planter and then put the screen on - it will be a little stressful for them, but they'll make it - it is a weed after all.

-suga

sum_kid

ok im just ganna go for scrog then. can sumone tell me why my seeds are not sprouting? i put them in a cup of water yesterday and they wont even sink there sill floating around. is that normal? im ganna get sum paper towels today so i can try that method. can someone give me any advise

peaceofmyheart-im a highschool student

Last edited: