What's new

should i rotate my plants and let them readjust towards the bulb?

Puffaluffagus

Veteran
do you grow vert?what do you mean by pruning early?ib what way?im always careful not to prune during the stretch,cus it might stun them,what do you mean by pruning them?should i?

and also,im mixed up,some people said rotate,some said no?so should i?
No I don't grow vert, I wasn't paying attention to what forum this was in.
Disregard my advice

D

DHF

right from the pro's ,thats why i love this site lol,i was told dhf that you were the best at defoliation in vertical grows,so im happy you stopped by

so i wont move them,i kinda figured it was counter productive,

but dhf and marlo,if im going to defoliate all the plants after the stretch,would you still say its worth it to trim the back branches?

considering that after stretch ima deleaf them and the light will be much more intense towards the back?

what are ya opinions,thanks fellas
If the light will penetrate the sideways canopy and get behind the plants and allow what`s back there to swell accordingly then no..........

There`s no reason to hack em out......but....there`s a fine line between what`s getting the most energy and juiceflow to create the most swellage and I`ve seen it both ways.......

Plants with the backs removed and bigger more full colas on the bare bulb side , and ......

The backsides left alone to bear fruit and everything ends up smaller on the whole plant , but generally both ways end up close to the same weight as long as lumen penetration through the canopy into the backs is adequate so as to not produce just flarfy bullshit..........anyways......

All about dialage and knowin what`s gonna happen before it does......then......

It`s simple...babyshit........

Peace.......DHF.......:ying:.....

benzo

Short answer is NOway.
Dhf or the other pros will tell you why if needed. But yea with verticle don't move em like that

N

noyd666

wonder if anybody out there has tried lighting up backsides in vert with lights ,cfl???? floodlight like ,up there skirts built into walls,not vert tubes, more of a flood of light upwards. sweety.

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
So iv read that you should rotate the plants,and let them readjust twoards the light every few days,so each side of the plant gets light?is that true

should i rotate my plants,or leave them like it is,with them adjusted towards the light?
No rotate. Load up on Reflectix or Orca film. :ying:

D

DHF

Pick your pheno`s this round and start learnin your strain`s growth patterns , and then next run yas can start learnin howta clean em up and prune,trim , and shape em for a dialed sideways canopy.....

Good luck......DHF.....:ying:.....

D

DHF

Dont know if you able to see it..
http://s3.beta.photobucket.com/user/oldsmoker/media/spinners.mp4.html

Its some spinners that rotate them plants 360 around their own axis..
It made more uniform looking plants but they got to large in the end, the grower had to stop´em when buds came on.

It makes it a lot more uniform if turned.
Hey Airnut......Those things are waaay cool , and I can see usin something to that effect that actjually spins on it`s own......but.....

If yas do it manually say every day , the plants haveta re-acclimate back toward the light every time they`re turned , and it`s been proven to be detrimental to bottom line yields and returns........

Anyways.....Just wanted to let folks know about that even though I dig them spinners.......

Peace......DHF......:ying:......

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree dont turn/rotate your plants.. I like those spinners as well where did you get those never seen them before or is that a DIY project. I have seen a grow system that had spinners incorporated into the system. The main table would spin left then the plants would spin right.

Stonefree69

Veteran
I would think spinners still "dilute" the light (watts/sq ft) as well just like light movers. I'd still rather add more bulbs/light if that was an option.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would like to try it just for fun.. I wounder how much effort it would be to build one. It would need to hold a 10g pot of soil with no problems. I tried this along time ago. I did not have the cash then to do it right. I use a 12v window motor. It did not have the power to turn a full 10g wet pot. Waht kind of motor are they using? Is it a stepping motor?

Stonefree69

Veteran
I would like to try it just for fun.. I wounder how much effort it would be to build one. It would need to hold a 10g pot of soil with no problems. I tried this along time ago. I did not have the cash then to do it right. I use a 12v window motor. It did not have the power to turn a full 10g wet pot. Waht kind of motor are they using? Is it a stepping motor?
They could well gear the motor(s) to give them more force. They don't need to turn fast, so maybe a worm gear on a small motor?

N

noyd666

just to be able to power the floor turntable around to service each plant would be great for disabled and bloody oldys lol,lazy susan, save a lot of over reaching etc.