What's new

SHOULD CANNABIS BE LEGALIZED?

SHOULD CANNABIS BE LEGALIZED?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dkmonk

Well personally I think the whole US legalizing marijuana would not work. We have too many people that want to control everyone else, but if we legalized it in 25 states, then the people who want to smoke can move there, and the people that dont like it can either join, tolerate, or leave.
All this is simply said but not so done.

dkmonk

Tobacco is legal to grow in the USA. You can buy seeds at almost any nursery, and plant it in your garden. Several others have already said it was legal.
Ummm I think you are all mistaken. You can only grow tobacco in a few southern states legally. The feds aren't going to come after you for growing personal use amounts of tobacco or marijuana. (i'm sure you can find the exception to the rule.)

Should cannabis be legalized: Yes! Prohibition is silly.

Should it happen in california this year: NO!

Legalization of cannabis in california will lead to less legalization of medical marijuana in other states. There's already a blow back happening in the los angeles club seen. Just know that when California legalizes marijuana outright it will lead to huge blowback. Legalization for medical use in other states will end! Clubs will go out of business and the DEA will start raiding marijuana dealers.

If the taxes are too high, then people will find ways to avoid paying them. For that matter taxing marijuana without providing a service for the group taxed (marijuana users) is immoral. I know this is may be an odd notion considering how the government works, but it is true.

The smart way to get marijuana decriminalized in the us (like in the Netherlands it can not be legalized) is to get it legalized in 75% of the states on a medical basis first. When everyone in those states realizes that the sky isn't falling then they will organically move towards legalization. When 2/3's of the states have decriminalized/legalized marijuana then a move to decriminalize marijuana on a federal level will happen. I've been told that the United States cannot legalize marijuana outright without a constitutional amendment due to multiple treaties that override acts of congress.

If you are a medical marijuana activist (like the true believer in oakland that is funding a prop in california, american's for safe access, safe access now) you should be dead set against legalization and taxation in california. It will only lead to blowback that will end the medical marijuana movement in other states.

Latest posts

Latest posts