What's new

Short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$•

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I gotcha. That's what I thought. I just got my satellite box in the mail and hooked back up. Last time I saw Cramer he was pumping gold like a mad man. I watched for a few minutes yesterday and he was SELL SELL SELL on the banks.

I can only watch him for a few minutes at a time. He's definitely the carnival barker. I think of him as the Great Ponzi TV Ringleader leading the sheeple into his carnival tent and then letting TPTB destroy them.

Him pumping gold is a flashing red light to me that weak handed latecomers are about to get shaken out and sent home to mama crying.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Ha ha!
Cramersheeple used to be my handle on Yahoo stock message boards, but I got banned for speaking openly.
So much for freedom of speech on Yahoo!

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
I heard about Q3 will not start this year but maybe in 2012,after the election.Sometimes around March 2012.I heard about this 2 weeks ago on CNBC.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
QE3 will not come until S&P ~1000 IMHO.

Party is going to be rockin' if Benny boy says no to Q3 at Jackson Hole.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Paper schamper.

Sprott Describes The Greatest Trade Of All Time
On its way to becoming the world’s greatest superpower, the United States pulled off some truly remarkable trades. Two notable transactions come to mind and were both outstanding bargains: 1) The Louisiana Purchase (purchased from the French); 2) Alaska (purchased from the Russians). For a mere $15 million, America instantly doubled its size with the 1803 purchase of the Louisiana territory.1 Sixty-fouryears later, oil-and mineral-rich Alaska was obtained for a paltry $7.2 million.2 Even adjusting for inflation, the combined value of these deals in today’s dollars would be very small. However, these two transactions pale in comparison to the greatest trade of all time, one which remains ongoing. This particular trade has allowed the US to exchange more than $8 trillion worth of paper for an unbelievably enormous amount of real goods and services over 36 straight years. We’re referring, of course, to the United States trade deficit. As Chart 1 shows, imports have exceeded exports every year since 1975. For much of the past decade, America’s annual trade deficit has soared past the $600 billion mark, while the accumulated trade deficit has moved relentlessly higher.

joeuser

Ha ha!
Cramersheeple used to be my handle on Yahoo stock message boards, but I got banned for speaking openly.
So much for freedom of speech on Yahoo!

Ha! There is no freedom of speech...too many whiny little girls get offended. This would be an entirely different country...world...IF we all had real free speech. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to tell someone what you REALLY think without fear of being labeled/punished for it?

C

CascadeFarmer

Gold revisited - wanted to clarify I think gold is ripe for a correction. If someone showed me that chart and didn't tell me what it was for I'd say it was close to being done. If they change the margin requirements for sure it'll correct but think it has room to run till at least $2,000/oz before there's any appreciable pullback but these are interesting times so who knows. Actually last weeks volume was pretty darn good compared to the rest of the chart. It hasn't even touched its 10 MA in weeks.

George Soros dumped a bunch of gold early this year and bought farmland. People can't eat gold. I did a bit more research into what he did and interesting what he says about gold...

"When interest rates are low we have conditions for asset bubbles to develop, and they are developing at the moment. The ultimate asset bubble is gold."
At some point funds/institutions/investors will dump gold, take profits and put the $ into something else.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
QE3 will not come until S&P ~1000 IMHO.

Party is going to be rockin' if Benny boy says no to Q3 at Jackson Hole.

That looks like a given after seeing the market action last week & friday's close . Every stock that reported last week from DELL JDSU ANF NTAP and lastly the real stinker HPQ were huge short trades with prolly more to go with the SPX heading to at least 1075
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/are-you-ready-crash?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+%28zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero%29

Friday sure was a whip day but watching AAPL stall twice at $365 early on really told the story and ended up falling back 10pts & losing the 50ma which opens the door . There was one long trade there for it or two off the 50ma @ $360 but after that you could just feel the weight of steady selling come in and even GOOG with that stinking purchase of MMI looking to retest $475.

This week the real disaster du jour was HP whos losses in one day were equal to the rise in POG in the last 2mos while at the same timeframe these Banks have taken as much as 40% hits since the Gold rise ... (and Barclays being one which posted before of them having that $9Bil exposure to Spanish debt .)

Hewlett is now restructuring and totally getting out of the box biz in the "post PC world " while taking a HUGE gamble moving into software with a $10 billion proposed acquisition of U.K. software company "Autonomy".

And who's helping HPQ to finance this risk gamble but Barclays above but we don’t know for sure Barclays will syndicate the loan to other banks and remains if this pans out and worth the risk to show Barclays is still a big corporate lender , but might be too little too late for HPQ
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/08/19/barclays-backs-h-p-s-autonomy-deal-with-a-big-loan/

* Right now off the Hewlett website they're offering their Touchpads for a song @ $99 each !

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Gold revisited - wanted to clarify I think gold is ripe for a correction. If someone showed me that chart and didn't tell me what it was for I'd say it was close to being done. If they change the margin requirements for sure it'll correct but think it has room to run till at least $2,000/oz before there's any appreciable pullback but these are interesting times so who knows. Actually last weeks volume was pretty darn good compared to the rest of the chart. It hasn't even touched its 10 MA in weeks.

George Soros dumped a bunch of gold early this year and bought farmland. People can't eat gold. I did a bit more research into what he did and interesting what he says about gold...

At some point funds/institutions/investors will dump gold, take profits and put the $ into something else.

Went short GLD in the premarket @ $182 when POG was hitting $1880 and dam was so happy to see it worked ...that was just too hot an opening though and premarket trading offers alot of these kinds of trades .
(but too early maybe here and took most of that 2pt pullback ) .

Silver was the real good trade especially after that Chavez to recall his bullion news that really fired up all the PM's . Hated missing that big move up in the AGQ as Au just stalled at $40 for so many days . This getting pretty rediculous and must be a horror story unfolding for the Fed whos hands are tied right now with further overt money printing but are making big loans to Euro Banks , now starting to sense a freeze up.

(JPM has that $2500 target & Goldman $1900 so thinking $1900 or a retest of 1880 would again be some heavier sledding...anything is possible )

joeuser

Went short GLD in the premarket @ $182 when POG was hitting $1880 and dam was so happy to see it worked ...that was just too hot an opening though and premarket trading offers alot of these kinds of trades .
(but too early maybe here and took most of that 2pt pullback ) .

Silver was the real good trade especially after that Chavez to recall his bullion news that really fired up all the PM's . Hated missing that big move up in the AGQ as Au just stalled at $40 for so many days . This getting pretty rediculous and must be a horror story unfolding for the Fed whos hands are tied right now with further overt money printing but are making big loans to Euro Banks , now starting to sense a freeze up.

(JPM has that $2500 target & Goldman $1900 so thinking $1900 or a retest of 1880 would again be some heavier sledding...anything is possible )

A set up? Suckering in the retail setting them up for a killing? Isn't the usual to do the OPPOSITE of what the big banks are saying?

Or...are they for ONCE being honest?

I don't trust them...

C

CascadeFarmer

(JPM has that $2500 target & Goldman $1900 so thinking $1900 or a retest of 1880 would again be some heavier sledding...anything is possible)
I do think a lot of people are focused on $2,500 and a bunch more at $2,000. Honestly $1,900 seems an odd target price.

A friend has been trading commodities and currency for 20 years based on a advisor she works with and this guy is pretty good. His target is $2,000 if any of the people that follow him are interested in taking some profits.

If the $2,000 thing is solid in many peoples minds then can see why taking some profits below that makes sense and obviously JPM and Goldman carry a lot of weight. I just don't trust what they say and would like to know what they're telling their 'inside' clients.

Either way it'll be interesting to watch gold as it approaches $2,000.

The iD

this is all PAPER PM talk. my gold and silver hasnt got any more or less shiney over the last months value changes. oz is still an oz. still just a heavy rock. Soros isnt selling any physical he has. he likely flipped some GLD or mining or some other paper assets for cash and changed that USD or CHF into whatever currency (African$) at the proper time to get the best price to purchase his land. hes no true PM bug. if some fool tried to buy 10k acres of land w/ gold bars i would take the delivery and storage charges out of his spot and give him a yearly avg spot price. Soros doesnt go down like that. you said it yourself, you cant buy anything for gold. you cant eat it. now is not yet the time. but soon, after the price fixing, PMs will feed. gotta love those silver dollars. for now, cash is still king. will be till QE and Eurobonds/ECB intervention.

short paper, long physical. ill start buying fizz again after the correction. silver busted 40$/oz finally. Chavez is trying to repatriate their physical. they just ganked Gaddafi's gold stash. ive got a piece of paper w/ a picture of a bridge on it that i want to sell. ill keep laying down short term shorts at new highs, calls at the interim lows, and pile on the long term puts until they change the game. if TSHTF earlier than i believe then the shorts are worth nothing as they are priced in dollars. great time to run up the cc debt. if the Euro collapses and all of one's debt is in Euros then that one's debt is effectively worthless. fiat debt paradigm works both ways.

Bernank has two "problems" he has to "deal" w/ before he can initiate more QE: gold and inflation. gold is easy; hike margins, sell some fed tungsten, jack Libya's, &/or feign no QE @ JH. inflation is more difficult as Bernank HATES deflation. they will likely use obfuscation to give the impression of deflation. crude is about to enter 7x$/bbl but the Brent spread is widening. a no QE announcement @ JH would funnel even more folks into USD and Tbills, lowering interest rates further as investors chase a strengthening $. this would beat up commodities as much as equities, as they are in the same bubble. watch them beat up agricultural and farm prices coming into harvest. floods and heatwave is doing a decent go of it already. cant have rich farm slaves. lot of loopy stuff going on in the agricultural industry right now. sooner or later Euro problems will subside w/ the latest bandaids. Greek banks are floating smaller greek banks. likely get worse before it gets better but there is more upside every day as it gets worse. eb & flow. liquid.

"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend." -Bruce Lee

this is just the beginning. get comfortable and load a bowl. we will test these lows this week w/ tons of volatility. we shall see what is done. action: reaction: reaction: reaction....

"The ultimate asset bubble is the human mind." -iD

stay frosty,

-iD

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
will be till QE and Eurobonds/ECB intervention.
This week going into Jackson hole is going to be interesting I would think. Does it get fucked up enough to where everyone is begging for QE3 or does Bernanke take the needle away and show everyone what massive liquidity withdrawal symptoms look like? And then gives us the next shot along with some Eurobond monetization fiat paper bonanza action across the pond.

they just ganked Gaddafi's gold stash.
Domino down. Libya falls. The Syrians are going to love watching them dance around the streets.

floods and heatwave is doing a decent go of it already.
Man the fucking drought in Texas is wicked. Where I'm at no real rain since February. And the good rains were sparse then. I mean NO fucking rain. A or two light light drizzles. Trees are dying up and down the highway. Falling over. Lakes are running dry. Mandatory water restrictions in cities like Houston. We are on voluntary water restriction. Where my parents are on the lake was dried up. 4-5ft of water when full. Had to take the boat out. I just bought on the river. High altitude, but good access to the water. 50ft deep! Closing was pushed two weeks, but got the certified check and getting the keys Tuesday. Oh, I'll never ever ever ever bitch about the rain again. Ever.

"The ultimate asset bubble is the human mind." -iD
:joint:

G

Guest 150314

You guys think silver is going to keep going? I didn't think it would break $40 this year.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
This week going into Jackson hole is going to be interesting I would think. Does it get fucked up enough to where everyone is begging for QE3 or does Bernanke take the needle away and show everyone what massive liquidity withdrawal symptoms look like? And then gives us the next shot along with some Eurobond monetization fiat paper bonanza action across the pond.

Domino down. Libya falls. The Syrians are going to love watching them dance around the streets.

Man the fucking drought in Texas is wicked. Where I'm at no real rain since February. And the good rains were sparse then. I mean NO fucking rain. A or two light light drizzles. Trees are dying up and down the highway. Falling over. Lakes are running dry. Mandatory water restrictions in cities like Houston. We are on voluntary water restriction. Where my parents are on the lake was dried up. 4-5ft of water when full. Had to take the boat out. I just bought on the river. High altitude, but good access to the water. 50ft deep! Closing was pushed two weeks, but got the certified check and getting the keys Tuesday. Oh, I'll never ever ever ever bitch about the rain again. Ever.

:joint:

Would be hard to imagine the Fed even hinting at QE3 later this friday @ Jackson Hole with how negatively charged thats become politically ...not to mention really pissing off the Chinese .(The consensus is that a third round of quantitative easing will come in some form...)

Love to see the Fed invite Ron Paul to their party friday who is the only candidate Jim Rogers said recently he would support for president being the one politician in the US that even has a clue !
http://caps.fool.com/blogs/jim-rogers-supports-ron-paul/630885

Looks like Gold wants to keep sending a messge tonight ...
Silver at traditional 40-1 valuation to Ag would be at $46 here if Gold were to go above $1880 and stay there...so far Au tonite been kiting around the mid $43's
http://www.oilbull.com/silver-chart/

Libya should tank Oil a bit if the situation stabilizes quickly, Kahdaffi should have taken a deal right at the beginning & got a little chalet in France to live out his days or in Brazil ... what a charactor . But will be interesting to see how low oil will go. Futs were up there for a while now down again , Oil holding at around $82 with some of the risk built in .
http://www.finviz.com/futures.ashx

Looks like hurricane ally opening up for business into Sept , a good string of depressions seem to be lining up in succession , the way Nature has been going might as well expet the worst to hit at some point a major Hurricane will develope ...good for the beaten down Oil Services group /OIH .

God loves Texas & Texans so well he made a bunch of them president and look where that got us , lol....and he's giving them 10 more days of continuing 105deg weather ...but could be worse if one was stuck inside Somalia but 105degrees for weeks at a time? That's too much...
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTX0327'

Last edited:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Goldman's have all released their worst case scenarios. When the big banks turn bearish it's time to run to the exits.

Well BofA (down another 6% today and dropping like a stone) just released their apocalyptic warning of what is about to transpire. It is by far the most upfront and in your face warning that the shit is about to hit the fan.

BofA Warns Upcoming "Desperate Measures" By Authorities Will Result In Another 2008 Market Collapse
Last week we had Citigroup warning that the market bottom is about to fall out, as the Fed is more than likely to disappoint already very lofty expectations (according to various estimates from both Goldman and the second Tier banks, i.e., all of them, the market has priced in roughly $500 billion in QE3 already). Today, Bank of America, which may or may not be with us much longer, has taken this desperate alarmism several notches further, and is warning that due to the gridlock in both the fiscal ("fiscal authorities have bombarded the markets with a quadraphonic message of hopelessness") and monetary ("the Fed is out of bullets anyway") stimulative pathways, the likely outcome of anything from DC will be nothig short of a disaster. To wit: "rather than a repeat of 2010, when the Fed saved the day with QE2, we think we are moving closer to a repeat of 2008, when major policy errors devastated the economy." For once we actually agree with Bank of America: "In our view, the pressure to “do something” is now far more likely to result in more desperate or radical measures, even if it is bad policy." Does this mean that we are looking at a TARP "vote down" market reaction this Friday if indeed the chairman disappoints? We will know for sure in about 100 hours, which just may be the longest 100 hours for bulls since the start of the artificial and solely QE inspired bear market levitation in March of 2009.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
You guys think silver is going to keep going? I didn't think it would break $40 this year.

Any and all precious metals, will continue to go up.

Man, I wish my Gold thread was still around.

If you are about to buy anything big, wait a couple of months, and you will save a ton of money.

C

CascadeFarmer

Gold and silver stocks making nice moves. AUY continues it's ascent and RIC made a very strong move at the top of it's base. SSRI really came to life down there.

Those September 10 RIC calls that were theoretically bought at $.65 for an initial loss of about 40% a few days ago are now worth $.80 so you'd be up about 23%. These options expire in 26 days so we'll see how they finish.

For those that don't know $.65 actually ='s $65 per contract as you are controlling 100 shares.