What's new

Short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$•

oldhaole

Veteran
I hope you sold that TVIX and got over 190 for it. Those ponies are not for holding and that one is a real whore. Not my term, a professional trader used it.

UHHH..... no. Didn't sell it. Held it thru the weekend.... crazy huh?

I don't think the selling is done.... not by a long shot. So, let it ride. It doesn't matter, I bought shares at 78, And have a stop limit at 100, so either way I'm not gonna lose money.

I was taught the market looks six months ahead. The Dems have unified behind Biden and I doubt Trump has any chance of re-election. Bye bye tax cuts. Bye bye free money sugar and stock buy backs. Hello regulation. Hello you gotta clean your mess up. Even without the virus this market was heading down.

The corona virus will be a Black Swan event. Look at Italy.... that'll be us soon. We're not ready for this, and the idiot in charge is gonna make it worse. Sorry to get all political, but I don't think it's gonna end well. Reflecting that, right now, TVIX still has a lot of room to run.

Mr. J

UHHH..... no. Didn't sell it. Held it thru the weekend.... crazy huh?

I don't think the selling is done.... not by a long shot. So, let it ride. It doesn't matter, I bought shares at 78, And have a stop limit at 100, so either way I'm not gonna lose money.

I was taught the market looks six months ahead. The Dems have unified behind Biden and I doubt Trump has any chance of re-election. Bye bye tax cuts. Bye bye free money sugar and stock buy backs. Hello regulation. Hello you gotta clean your mess up. Even without the virus this market was heading down.

The corona virus will be a Black Swan event. Look at Italy.... that'll be us soon. We're not ready for this, and the idiot in charge is gonna make it worse. Sorry to get all political, but I don't think it's gonna end well. Reflecting that, right now, TVIX still has a lot of room to run.
Ya none of that shit is gonna happen.

smilley

Veteran
S & P futures limit down. Will the market even open tomorrow at 9:30am? Chaos in oil. Got gold?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Gold/silver ratio is 98. I can't catch a break. Let's hope silver is the cure for WuFlu.

Last edited:

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Wow..Oil dropped $11 a barrel.This is the mini-crash.

::Edit :: Just found out Russia and Saudi didn't come to an agreement and oil dropped as low as $27.25 and its heading back up currently at $29.75

St. Phatty

Gold/silver ratio is 98. I can't catch a break. Lat's hope silver is the cure for WuFlu.

Silver is On Sale.

What's wrong with that ?

As far as Equities, the US C-Virus death toll will be breaking 1 million in the June time-frame.

I have a feeling this will be enough to de-bubble the markets and that they will revert to mean, and possibly cross to the "other side" (where PE's are lower than historic average).

i.e. prices down 90%.

That will be a buying opportunity.

Amynamous

I know this thread is dedicated to short term trades, but i think BRK is a good long term bet at these levels. They are sitting on 128 billion in cash, which comprises over 26% of the share price. Also, the price per book value is currently at 1.12, and Warren likes to buy back shares when it reaches 1.2(which rarely happens). Just my two cents.

St. Phatty

When US C-virus casualties are 1+ Million, it's hard to see how the market bubble can remain.

though of course the Fed is likely to do something besides lower interest rates. money flows into the equity markets tend to raise prices.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1236095180459003909.html

https://twitter.com/LizSpecht?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Liz Specht is a really pretty "Rain Man" type who is also qualified to do the calcs.

Her call is that the US will run out of hospital beds on May 8.

She ran through the numbers to explain how, via the way geometric progressions work, her calculation can be off by a factor of 10 either way - and it's May 8 +- 1 week.

Of course those hospital beds won't all be in negative pressure rooms. Health care system really needs to hire some indoor pot growers, to run the HVAC

and maybe grow some on the side :woohoo:

Anyway that is THE TRADE right now.

Whatever stock you are lusting for, on sale for 1/10 to 1/3 of its current price.

"By this estimate, by about May 8th, all open hospital beds in the US will be filled."

X

xavier7995

Well short term there is likely to be a pop back up tomorrow given how hard stuff has sold off today. If you can snap stuff up at the close today and dump at the close tomorrow there will probably be a good one day jump.

Amynamous

I sold half of my UVXY call options this morning for twice the price i paid for them late Friday. Now I’m playing with the House’s money. I’m watching my favorite triple leveraged ETF [CURE]. Will probably stock up on it if it gets into the 30’s or 40’s.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I got some CLX early and just picked up some cheep AAL which will go even lower.
Still 80% in cash and looking for the best ride up.

X

xavier7995

Well short term there is likely to be a pop back up tomorrow given how hard stuff has sold off today. If you can snap stuff up at the close today and dump at the close tomorrow there will probably be a good one day jump.

Called it, now if only I had money to throw at it.

I wouldn't be buying yet, I think it is still going to come down more, I'm all gloom and doom though.