What's new

Short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$•

Snype

Veteran
UVXY, and other leveraged ETF's, can be very rewarding yet don't trade them often. I'd rather go with something like VXX.

The difference between UVXY and VXX is that UVXY will do double what VXX does. So if VXX goes up 10% then UVXY will go up 20%. Contango can play a bigger role with UVXY and that's why it's a great long term short.

O

OptionDork

The difference between UVXY and VXX is that UVXY will do double what VXX does. So if VXX goes up 10% then UVXY will go up 20%. Contango can play a bigger role with UVXY and that's why it's a great long term short.
Yeah I understand how leveraged ETFs work. See it doesn't matter to me if leveraged or not because I only deal with options. Premiums pricier on a leveraged ETF because of the exaggerated potential moves. If I was playing common long or short then a leveraged ETF might make more sense.

O

OptionDork

$BRND announced Dennis Rodman's new vodka. goes on sale the 27th in cali. stock jumped 300% today.

$NTEK announces big news on monday.

$PLUG is working it's way up to a dollar so it can stay on nasdaq. posted good news today.
Brother I just can't get my head around penny stock stuff. Have never traded them and never will. If it's not listed on the NYSE NASDAQ or AMEX I won't touch it with a 10 ft pole. Not saying you can't do well.

Snype

Veteran
I'm going to give away one of my little tricks for doubling money in the stock market. It's hard to do it with a lot of money because a lot of other people are also doing it. There are certain stocks that I trade that have a bid price of 0.0001 and an ask price of 0.0002. I simply put a 60 day buy order in at 0.0001 and it usually takes a few days to pick up the stock. After I pick up the stock, I put a 60 day sell order in at 0.0002. The first time I tried it I couldn't believe that it worked. I won't give you the stocks that I do this on because it will be harder for me to pick up shares. If you choose to do this, make sure the volume per day is in the millions. Anyway, I hope that this tip serves someone well.

Oh yeah, and don't cancel the order and try and enter it again or you may go back to the bottom of the list.

O

OptionDork

I'm going to give away one of my little tricks for doubling money in the stock market. It's hard to do it with a lot of money because a lot of other people are also doing it. There are certain stocks that I trade that have a bid price of 0.0001 and an ask price of 0.0002. I simply put a 60 day buy order in at 0.0001 and it usually takes a few days to pick up the stock. After I pick up the stock, I put a 60 day sell order in at 0.0002. The first time I tried it I couldn't believe that it worked. I won't give you the stocks that I do this on because it will be harder for me to pick up shares. If you choose to do this, make sure the volume per day is in the millions. Anyway, I hope that this tip serves someone well.

Oh yeah, and don't cancel the order and try and enter it again or you may go back to the bottom of the list.
Well I do appreciate you posting that. Just confirms to me the absurdity of penny stocks. So I buy 1,000,000 shares and costs me $100 not including any fees. Then I have to wait days to get my buy and sell orders filled. You just have to love that liquidity. Maybe I then double my $100 and make $100. So to make any decent amount of money that would make it interesting looks like I need to buy 10,000,000 shares.

Oh and another thing if you can't or won't mention what stock it is then just a story. Seriously though if a few people jump into that musical chairs situation you're in affects that game so much then you can have it.

O

OptionDork

Here's a pic of the ACTUAL trades I made on Friday. I hope it works out. We'll see what Monday and next week brings. Anyone else have the cajones to post their actual entries and exits?

O

OptionDork

If I had 50 posts could edit things and make that image better to read so for now you're just gonna have to click on it.

Snype

Veteran
Oh and another thing if you can't or won't mention what stock it is then just a story. Seriously though if a few people jump into that musical chairs situation you're in affects that game so much then you can have it.

There are plenty of stocks that trade at 0.0001-0.0002. Why would I give you the stock symbols of the stocks that I continue to do this with? If I gave you the symbol then you are taking money that I could have made out of my pocket. It took me years to learn what I know in the market and just the fact that I gave you just this little piece, is great thing. You want me to do it all the work for you and you don't have to put in any work at all? That's just not realistic.

O

OptionDork

There are plenty of stocks that trade at 0.0001-0.0002. Why would I give you the stock symbols of the stocks that I continue to do this with? If I gave you the symbol then you are taking money that I could have made out of my pocket. It took me years to learn what I know in the market and just the fact that I gave you just this little piece, is great thing. You want me to do it all the work for you and you don't have to put in any work at all? That's just not realistic.
Sounds like bullshit. No I would not touch anything that trades at .0001 bid and .0002 ask. You gave us nothing other than a story. Great thing? LOL. Prove it. Wouldn't touch your shit with a 20 ft pole. Those aren't stocks that trade at that level they are jokes. Wouldn't waste my time. Post away with the names and your actual trades. It'll be good entertainment.

Brother sooo glad you posted that stuff about pinkies.

Snype

Veteran
Sounds like bullshit. No I would not touch anything that trades at .0001 bid and .0002 ask. You gave us nothing other than a story. Great thing? LOL. Prove it. Wouldn't touch your shit with a 20 ft pole. Those aren't stocks that trade at that level they are jokes. Wouldn't waste my time. Post away with the names and your actual trades. It'll be good entertainment.

Brother sooo glad you posted that stuff about pinkies.
It's pretty easy to prove. When you start looking for stocks in the price range that I stated and millions of shares are being traded, what do you think is happening? Are you trying to tell me that I can't buy stocks at the bid price? You can buy any stock you want at the bid price. If you have any data programs that came with your account, log on to them and find a stock and set your buy price at the bid price. Use a really weird number so that you know that it is you. Then you will see your order pop on on the list. When someone wants to sell, they sell for the bid price and the ask price. If you don't have patients or knowledge, some people end up paying the ask price for a stock or ETF. When you pay the ask price, it happens faster. When you try and pay the bid price, you wait in line for the guys ahead of you. It's not that difficult to understand. Do you think we play penny stocks for no reason? No one is telling you to trade them. You are not the only member on this board. It was obviously not for you. I don't know why you are taking it so personally. It really makes no sense.

O

OptionDork

It's pretty easy to prove.
Then prove it with your actual trades.

Are you trying to tell me that I can't buy stocks at the bid price?
Nope never said you can't buy and sell at the prices you've mentioned.

Do you think we play penny stocks for no reason? No one is telling you to trade them.
Nope I know people trade pennies and more power to them and you. You're right no one is telling me to trade them and never will. Substantiate your position other than generalities. That would be a start.

You are not the only member on this board. It was obviously not for you. I don't know why you are taking it so personally. It really makes no sense.
Nope pinkies are not for me and nothing personal at all.
The proof is in the pudding. Lets see it. If you think I'm gonna jump into you're pinkie trades and spoil the soup you're delusional. Let's see what you got. Post your trades.

Snype

Veteran
Here's a pic of the ACTUAL trades I made on Friday. I hope it works out. We'll see what Monday and next week brings. Anyone else have the cajones to post their actual entries and exits?

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47565&pictureid=1110783&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
Why in the world would we post our trades here from a screen shot like that. Do you know how easy it would be for the pigs to find us. It's really easy to say when you don't post any pics of any plants. You just joined a cannabis site this month and you are here to talk about stocks? Sounds a little suspect to me. Sounds like another member that has some sort of grudge. Anyway I'm looking at your stocks now just to see what I would have done. First of all I trade stocks and not options but I know how options work for the most part. I've never traded them before though. Lets take a look.

SLCA: So I'm looking at the 3 month chart and this is what I see. On May 22, 2013, $23.84 was the resistance. On friday when you bought your option on your $25 call, SLCA reached $23.80 and closed at $23.56. Personally, I would have shorted the stock instead of buying it. So in options terms, I would have bought a Put. The risk to reward to me personally is not worth it for that stock but we will see what happens.

SNDK: Looks a little risky to me but the chart looks ok. Maybe it continues higher. Personally the way that I play this situation is that I would have waited to see if SNDK would break through $63.04 and close above it before I bought it. June 18 is when it closed at $63.04 and if it can't break above it, it comes down. Buying friday is more of a gamble to me until it can break through. You have a $62.5 call and the stock $62.71. If it doesn't break through, then you lose because you had to pay 84 cents for that option per share. That sounds like the risk to reward again is not in your favor. But we will see what happens.

DDD: That chart doesn't look good to me either. Even the volumes are low compared to 6 months ago. Maybe you get lucky but I wouldn't go near that one. Looks like a losing battle to me. You have a $49 Call and you paid 40 cents for it. If it doesn't break through $50.50, it's going to slide back down to test $43.42. The closing price when you bought it was $47.33. I don't get why anyone would buy this stock here. Doesn't make sense to me.

AMBA: Chart looks real good. That's a good buy and I would buy that one.

That's how I see it.

Snype

Veteran
FNMA is up 8% so far at $1.52 today. I'm in at $1.05. The real moves are gong to happen at earnings on August 9th. If you had $10,000 in FNMA at $1.00 and they get released out of conservership, this stock goes to 50+ and you just turned your 10k to 500k. The risk to reward here is crazy!

Easy money on NUGT again today. NUGT is really a gold mine. Easy money!

Snype

Veteran
FNMA closed at $1.61 today for a 14% gain! This thing is getting ready to take off real soon! I'm up over 50% on this and I'm staying in for the long haul. Like I said it's either going to 50+ or 0. This could be very life changing for me.

NUGT went up 18% today!

Snype

Veteran
ya got me thinking on this fnma, really do. oh man.....

Just do more research on it and form some sort of opinion. I don't see how they won't get released from conservership. Look how much they pulled in last quarter. We are talking billions. This talk that's going on is all politics and scare tactics and we know how that works. Everything in this country is based on lies and misleading information. It's hard to see through all of it. In the end though, it's all about the risk to reward. I'm not trying to invest on a safe 5-10% per year. I'm looking for that crazy multi 100% gamble. I mean don't ever invest money that you can't afford to lose. It's not like I put every penny that i have into it but I did take a healthy position that would make me rich if it worked out but I would still be more than fine if it didn't. Earnings are coming out on August 9th so I'm expecting a big move to happen after that but in the end no one knows anything. There should still be a lot of volatility in this stock with the lawsuits that are going on on both sides. If you invest in it and don't like the swings, it's best to not even pay attention to it and just hold for the long term.

O

onlychild

VMW AAPL beat after close. that CXO Daily chart looks pretty bullish to me. MTG beat this morning dragged RDN up, will RDN beat too...
The market has no connection with real day life, manage risk, avoid emotional trading and believe the chart.

growbig789

if you like fnma, check out fnmas too... fannie preferreds, dividends suspended but if you want to roll the dice with fannie this one is interesting. It's @ $5 and would have a 40% dividend yield based on current share price (if it was paying dividends, which its currently NOT)... if they resume divs eventually then it most likely heads back to $25/share par price.

Snype

Veteran
if you like fnma, check out fnmas too... fannie preferreds, dividends suspended but if you want to roll the dice with fannie this one is interesting. It's @ $5 and would have a 40% dividend yield based on current share price (if it was paying dividends, which its currently NOT)... if they resume divs eventually then it most likely heads back to $25/share par price.

That's a really good point growbig!

Latest posts

Latest posts