What's new

Short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$•

N

Nondual

Been thinking about it more and don't know what the impetus will be at this point to drive precious metal prices higher. I think in the short term prices will be solid with a bias towards upward movement.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
AAPL hits 1/2Bil in cap today @ $537. , new tech toy meeting 7th in SF , getting near some sell the news pivot soon , XOM tagging $87 last spring market top then at 1370 amazing that here we are again isn't it ? The average person thinks the economy suffering the market back up to former top highs here ...wary of anything above this now .

factoid on AAPL retail :

<<AAPL racking up $5,647 in sales/sq. ft., according to Asymco's Horace Dediu. Next in line is Tiffany at $3,085, then Coach at $1,824

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Big LTRO (ECB money printing) coming up in Europe tomorrow to bailout the banks. Whisper uptake is around 300-450bil. I recommend shorting any banks who take part in the LTRO. The bigger uptake the closer they are to failing.

Everything is bullish in this market now. A massive LTRO is bullish because of the carry trade. A small LTRO will mean the bank's credit crunch hasn't gotten too bad yet.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Given the size of the LTRO2 and the fact that central banks are going to start buying US equities outright, I'm extremely bullish through the end of this year.

Even though the real economy is in shambles and housing continues to to decline I believe equities may very well make new highs this year.

Next Leg Of The Ponzi Revealed - Foreign Central Banks To Begin Buying US Stocks Outright Starting Today
The Bank of Israel will begin today a pilot program to invest a portion of its foreign currency reserves in U.S. equities.

The investment, which in the initial phase will amount to 2 percent of the $77 billion reserves, or about $1.5 billion, will be made through UBS AG and BlackRock Inc. (BLK), Bank of Israel spokesman Yossi Saadon said in a telephone interview today. At a later stage, the investment is expected to increase to 10 percent of the reserves.

A small number of central banks have started investing part of their reserves in equities. About 9 percent of the foreign- exchange reserves of Switzerland’s central bank were invested in shares at the end of the third quarter, the Swiss bank said on its website.

The investment will be made in equity index trackers and will include between 1,500 to 2,000 shares, among them stocks like Apple Inc. (AAPL), Saadon said.
In other words, while the Fed's charter forbids it from buying US equities outright, it certainly can promise that it will bail out such bosom friends as the Bank of Israel, the Swiss National Bank, and soon everyone else, if and when their investment in Apple should sour.

Luckily, this means that the exponential phase in risk is approaching as everyone will now scramble to frontrun central bank purchases no longer in bonds, but in stocks outright, leading to epic surges in everything risk related, then collapse and force the Fed to print tens of trillions to bail everyone out all over again, rinse repeat, until this chart becomes asymptotic. We say luckily, because it means that the long overdue systemic reset is finally approaching.

Central%20Banks%20and%20M1_0.jpg
This rally is going to be a wild one. Monetizing everything now! AAPL to $900 :dunno: Anything is possible now.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
oh no! who would have thought!!!??? SpasticGramps ranting on and on about "fiat this, fiat that" ??? lol!!!

I just think it is really cool that the banks now have 100% more on their balance sheets in a four year period, and almost every individual and family's balance sheet has shrunk or stagnated.

I guess there is no inflation and the world populace isn't being fleeced. How wonderful the kool-aid tastes.

:joint:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I just think it is really cool that the banks now have 100% more on their balance sheets in a four year period, and almost every individual and family's balance sheet has shrunk or stagnated.

I guess there is no inflation and the world populace isn't being fleeced. How wonderful the kool-aid tastes.

the kool aid is only real as long as you believe in it is really grape-juice and not just 'artificially flavoured drink'.

take that son.

go drink it up lol.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
While we are at it the Fed balance sheet appears to have increased 222%. If the FED were government owned then by implication we would have increased our collective social war chest by 222%. This would be disgusting beyond belief but what is even worse is The FED is not owned by the US populace or government and therefor a handful of unknown owners has seen their balance sheet increase 222% (trillions of dollars in total) by running printing presses. Meanwhile real estate owners, retirees, and the average worker is taking it in the teeth.

Oh how sweet the kool-aid tastes.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
who gives a fuck about the fed's balance's sheet?

I could use it as toilet paper it it were printed on tissue.

who gives it such sheets meaning?

you!

why do you do that?

who taught you to give meaning to such meaningless shit?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
If you double someone else's stack in a poker tournament and leave everyone else's stack the same you fucked everyone equally except for the looter.

Well we are fucked with $4 - $6 gas $1800+ gold, stagnate real estate values, and increasing tax burdens. Yeah but who cares they threw a bunch more chips into that ass holes stack everyone else has the same pain as me so all is good.

Maybe those drinking the kool-aid are crabs in a bucket instead of poker players?

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so what? you think the whole world depends on whether those graphs move this way or that way?

grow up.
No but this thread is about the stock market of which commodities are part of. You post graphs in this thread. Why do you keep trolling it like a like 5 year old with your mindless drivel?

If you don't care about the graphs then GTFO.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
$CL_F spike made a good short today , as pipeline explosion rumor denied later but sure made shorts on relentless $SPY from $138 good for 65c drop on the fear

SPY ramped right back up to $138 after pipeline rumor dispelled . They must do everything in their power to get this $WTI/Gas trade down ...

What reversal on FNSR off $18 much like APKT before ...

Ramped the devil out of GS today after IBM last week ...AAPL again found fundies locking in profits near $550 today after the swoon yesterday tipping ther hands , but did also a nice reversal off $539 swoon .

CF fertilizer was a short from $195 but dippers off lows last two days made great money with two 4pt reversals dropping to $185 climbing back up to $189+ .

CRM good short from $148 found $140 holding like a champ after earnings squeeze now needs to get thru $145 and stay there , though one short worked eod from $145.40 it wasn't pulling back much and only the oil scare helped that ,

ISRG LULU CMG BWLD UA COP FOSL NKE wow...CMG one can get a quick short scalp in here or there in am but buy the dip everytime still working , March Madness driving these and DPZ Dominos Pizzza just screamed the other day after e/r .

FIO been giving shorts fits & weight loss VVUS has been a fabulous short each time it nears $24 , lots of insiders dumping there...has been holding $20 .

NFLX been tuff holding $109 area R at $114 still tight channel like GMCR between $65 & $70 . SODA got set back as did PANL on e/rs and FSLR just back to lows at $30 just no love for solar

MA did prove a good short finally on final pop to $428 , needed a rest way in the over bought . ....

Airlines were the shorts of the last two weeks on the Oil pop , shorts on homebuilders like TOL & LEN worked from $24s but they didn't stay down long one of the prime movers thinking these are still on the rebound but the MAS report sure showed weakness in materials supply .

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
who gives a fuck about the fed's balance's sheet?
I could use it as toilet paper it it were printed on tissue.
who gives it such sheets meaning?
you!
why do you do that?
who taught you to give meaning to such meaningless shit?

so $5 a gallon is cool then? what about $6? how about $20?

you can live on a beach and catch your own dinner and not give a shit about any of this but for the modern civilized world it makes a huge impact on nearly every aspect of our lives. (Trucks that bring food to cities, they run on gas usually)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you think everything is peachy and things are lookin up, more power to ya. The people that are prepared for the worst and hope for the best will end up on top.

that TP will cost ya an extra 60% though.....

Latest posts

Latest posts