What's new

shopping for maple syrup by price instead of quality

R

Red Berry

talking about shipping ethics/morals im pretty sure is the reason my gsc thread was deleted. lol.

Former Guest

my disclaimer thread got deleted. I messaged the mod for the forum but he didn't message me back. now I go thread to thread posting like a lost lamb....hahaha! miss my thread.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
talking about deletion gets more of the same...lol.. my ex still has that bottle and would make me fill it with more crap syrup...I kept my syrup separate as I don't like fake syrup... I always secretly wanted to make a bong out of it

Former Guest

diamond tip drill bit ;)

made one from an ol' bottle that looked like a genie bottle, red glass, probably not the wisest as I heard something like lead or mercury is used to make red colors in the olden days but anyhoo...young hippies love to create.

R

Red Berry

Maple syrup is sold by grade. At least real syrup is. Grade is based on color. Color indicates non sugar components. When the sap first runs in late Winter it is clear. If the sap boiling operation is clean and efficient the first runs are always the highest grade, the color is almost clear and the syrup has a bit of a nutty flavor. Once the buds swell as the Winter fades the subsequent runs are darker and the flavor becomes muddier. Eventually only a cooking grade is produced and the season is over.

picture.php

Dick Turpin

Ronbo51, thank you !

What you said explained fully why it was that the syrup I had tasted so nice and also different to anything else iv ever had.
also why the guy who sent it was so emotional about its freshness lol
thanks again for the explanation.

Dick Turpin

Oh Lolol something else I forgot to add...
when asked how was the syrup with my pancakes.
The guy who sent me the syrup also convinced me to eat bacon with it and also the pancakes. I was dubious I mwill say... But after ttrying it I couldent believe how nice it tasted . Certainly not something I would have ever eaten concidering I'm used to a UK diet..

St. Phatty

How about shopping for Maple Sugar Candy ?

Now that's good stuff. Great source of sugar for the Wake & Bake.

As I say this I wonder if I will end up giving myself Diabetes.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
hard maple syrup candies like these are amazing. those creamy type ones are shit
maple_suckers.jpg

dark syrup is way better, way more flavor. the light stuff is used as sugar substitute because it is so bland

maple syrup on good vanilla ice cream. syrup made over open fire has extra smokey notes. delicious. heres some I made last year
picture.php

picture.php

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^Erhmahgawd

This guy. This is the guy

"You have given out too much reputation in the past 24 hours"

I'll get ya tomorrow XD

5th

Veteran
ahh ice cream...

I grew up in Ontario. We would take trips out to the sugar shacks as school trips.

At the end of the tour they already had shit going full steam so to speak...

They would have a trough 20 ft long and pack it with fresh snow... then they'd pour the hot maple syrup onto the snow....

...and all us lil' bastards had Popsicle sticks ...before it hardened you would roll your stick onto the syrup and end up with a taffy like substance....

Check n' mate.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
The store by my house has organic grade A maple syrup for $9 per 12oz bottle. I think that is decent price for good quality, at least in california

Dick Turpin

I was also sent some no3 syrup as well as the no00,
Also some candy's, I thought they may have been a little off as they were very dry. Very lovely though...
I really liked the idea of snow in a trough and hot syrup... I envy that man lol.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Oh Lolol something else I forgot to add...
when asked how was the syrup with my pancakes.
The guy who sent me the syrup also convinced me to eat bacon with it and also the pancakes. I was dubious I mwill say... But after ttrying it I couldent believe how nice it tasted . Certainly not something I would have ever eaten concidering I'm used to a UK diet..
I mentioned bacon with it ...tooo...page 1......yeehaw

Dick Turpin

Its why it needed mentioning twice !
(not that I didn't pay attention lol)
I do agree... Bacon does make everything better even if is going to kill me in the long run :)