What's new

Shootin It Up Feat. Johnny Butt

johnny butt

Autumn, and harvest season is in the air...

Day 63 with my Casey Jones and day 53 for the rest of the Sour bubbles and my pollen chuck new hashberry.

There's also a few CJ girls around Day 28, and some Killer chem girls around day 21. I'll start getting some shots of these beauties once the rest come down...

Here's a few... Room shots with some variety, CJ, NH, and SB...
picture.php

picture.php

And some CJ shots
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a shot of my sour bubble keeper
picture.php

JB

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey man full of nugget in this tent also nice cristall covered, should be a serious tasty man, keep tha great job up..can't wait for more budshot!!

johnny butt

Finally got some killer chem shots. These little girls are on Day 18 and are rounding out the stretch and starting to add the buds now.

Nice big leaves, can't wait to see how they do...

picture.php

picture.php

W

weshjo

well done!

your CJ and SB looks very good:tiphat:

can't wait to see the result with the KCf2:)

good vibes

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Damn man, you are about to have a ton of top cola nuggets. All them buds look tasty, but I really want to know what you think of the CJ high. I've never had SB, but I'm sure it is far too indica for my preference. Can't wait to see your hash runs with all that frosty foliage.

More pics!

johnny butt

Ask and you shall receive. I've been slacking on the updates with this thread, spending most of my time in the CJ grow along...

They've all been chopped and have been sitting in the cure zone for a week or so. I've started smoke reports, it's just I have 9 phenos to search through, so it's taking some time.

I definitely still have some room for improvements and am really looking forward to the next run. This CJ is smoking great, but I think I still have a lot of room to improve!

As for the high on the CJ... I finished a smoke report for CJ 1, and here is what I had to write about it... Check out the grow along thread for the rest of them once I get them finished. I keep meaning to start my smoke reports, but then I end up smoking one of the CJ girls, and get very distracted, I really want nothing more than to jam on the guitar for a few hours.

Just as an general remark as I've smoked a few of the girls, they are energetic. I've been thrown into giggle fits and really have lots of fun playing music on these ladies. A nice energetic creative high. The crash is a bit strong 1.5 to 2 hours later, but that's what more CJ is for.
moon.gif

If you're looking for a smoke before bedtime, the CJ is not for you!

If you're looking for that daytime, I need to get some shit done smoke, the CJ is some real good stuff.

Smoke Report for CJ 1:
Done through a 2.5 foot bluedot water bong.

Taste: Unfortunately, I’m not the best at pinpointing a taste. I’m better with my sniffer, but here’s my shot. It’s a very mild, smooth taste already. There is a small hint of fuel which is strange because I can’t smell any, but mostly just green/hashy tasting (not the chlorophyll green either).

Smoke Expansion: Not expansive. I can take a massive rip and be just as comfortable as a smaller one. My sour bubble seems to blow up in your lungs, while this is quite a bit easier to smoke.

High Description: Zippy is a good word to describe it. My thoughts are zippy and so is my energy. A very interesting high. I feel more creative and actually have the energy to act on my creativity, as opposed to melting into my couch and merely thinking about it. 2 hits from the bong and I’m feeling peppy and happier. 4 hits and a nice grin has made its way across my face. 6 hits and we can call me stoned. She is mostly a head high, but there’s a nice warm tingle across the body too.

I know you like your sativas catman, and I think CJ is right up there. I haven't had much experience with them, but she crushes the C99 I had. Can't really compare her to the SB as they are two completly different smokes, but if I could imagine a sativa sour bubble like plant with super potency and a great high, it would come out a lot like these caseys have. I'd recommend her and heads seeds to absolutely anyone. I couldn't be happier!

Here's a few pics of my 2 favorite phenos so far....

CJ 8 - Not too stinky. Very sativa looking, large and lanky. Very nice lady.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CJ 4 - A stinker . Small and resin covered with a crazy calyx/leaf. May be one of the ones...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CJ 5 - Denser nugs and a stinker. Some darker coloring with the cold temps at the end of flower. Defintely getting another run!
picture.php

picture.php

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
nice smoka report j.b.!! you make nice update man also the dry budshot look full trik's covered,i just image the tasty...kick ass weed fo su!!!

johnny butt

Thanks KW, glad to see you by. You can find much better reports in my CJ grow along thread.

But here's the hash run from this round. A mix of casey jones, sour bubble, and new hashberry. Looking like it's probably my best run ever :dance013:

First I freeze all my trim and run it over the dry sifter for a couple minutes. Here's the dry sift after running all my trim... I'm thinking this casey is a GREAT hash strain. The leaves are absolutely covered in resin.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

After the once over on the dry sifter, I wrap the trim in a layer of silk screen and hold it like a tea bag. I dumped the 91% iso over the trim and give it a few dunks before squeezing out all the iso that soaked into the weed-bag/tea-bag. Most contact time is less than 3 seconds, but the iso that soaks into the buds gets squeezed out within 30, so quick wash is the name of the game. I had 8 plastic sandwich bags filled with trim and popcorn, and used 1-946mL bottle of 91% iso for all the rinses.

Some of the darkest I've made without long contact times...
picture.php

Can't wait to see it evaporate away over the next few days. I cover the plate with another silk screen so dust and any hair or bugs stay the hell out.

Woo, gonna go smoke some dry sift,
JB

labtec

holy s#$&, you've been slaughtering it over here jb. I'm really impressed with your setup, and damn that hash is making me drool.

johnny butt

Hey labtec, this dry sift is extra tasty!! It's a little green though. I have a smaller silk screen lying around somewhere, so it might be time to re-screen the thing.

I'm debating a new cab and might be doing a double stacked setup like yours due to some room constraints. So expect a PM when I run into issues and want to pick your brain :wave:

But things are still growing. Slowly now that the cold winter has started to set in. Just looking to wrap things up before the New Year. I'm growing some casey jones and killer chem F2s at the moment and they have ~2 weeks until they are ready to come down. On the straight water starting yesterday...

A purple CJ 5 next to a killer chem
picture.php

Some killer chem
picture.php

Misc close up. I wanna say that is a CJ 7 close up
picture.php

The leafy but frosty KC pheno.
picture.php

Gotta throw in the purple CJ 5 cola too. A few more in the CJ grow along...
picture.php

JB

johnny butt

Updates...

Built a new room, turned my bulbs sideways again.

The new room is a bit of a challenge.

About 9' L x 2' W x 7' H and no way to go vert in this space

I have 3 decent sized girls I flipped two days ago (2 Killer Chems and 1 Casey Jones) and am growing out some new strains from seed again

Here's the new girls for now...

Magenta 99 (Ace's PCK x DTC99)
picture.php

Mikado 99 (Mikado x C99)
picture.php

4SD F2's (Chem 4 x Sour Diesel)
picture.php

L

LouDog420

Zombie posts, back from the dead!!

Any chance on reviving the original casey jones grow along by johnny butt????

Latest posts

Latest posts