What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shiva Grows

goingrey

The last time I did an auto it was that lowrider shit and it grew an 1/8 at best haha.

Things seem to have changed a fair bit since then with what mephisto, and then night owl did, some of that looks impressive!
I’m sure there’s other too.

I think real gorilla seeds outdoor bits have some day neutral/auto flower bred into them to finish in the colder climates.
Definitely has merit and purpose.
My first windowsill grow was actually the old Lowryder 1, around the time it came out. I thought it was incredible! Low yield sure and terrible taste also but hey, like it's slogan said, "it's better than nothing", and it did get me high. :D And back then I was under the false impression that I couldn't grow photo strains on the windowsill...

But yeah it didn't have me too eager to try other autos until just a couple years ago. Nowadays they are much better.

This one I got as a freebie when buying some other seeds. I do have high hopes for it though. Firstly because it would be a pretty poor marketing strategy to hand out crappy beans as freebies. And also because this Fast Buds company has gone in a relatively short time from nothing to the maybe biggest company in the market (most popular on GrowDiaries at least). Sure heavy investment into marketing and so on plays a big part but it can only get you so far, what's really needed is satisfied repeat customers.

shiva82

Rainbow beefsteak.

Probably half the size of last years, but better than nothing considering I hardly gave them a drop of water.

They’re going to a good cause, in a burger with coz, grated carrot, pickle, red onion, bacon, cheese and a properly cooked patty.
All lathered in a homemade burger sauce!
View attachment 18990240 View attachment 18990241

Fuck McDonald’s, and that dirty sour meat stench you get as you drive past.
the smell of burning dead fetus

shiva82

i did some minor pruning on the chem x lemon . removed the bottom areas i felt would be buried way to deep and a few leaves and took a couple of clones. i will reduce hours on monday . i just like to make sure she responds favourably after removing any plant material

goingrey

i did some minor pruning on the chem x lemon . removed the bottom areas i felt would be buried way to deep and a few leaves and took a couple of clones. i will reduce hours on monday . i just like to make sure she responds favourably after removing any plant material
I'm really lazy with removing the bottoms. But partly because I don't really buy into the energy thievery theory. At least often the lowers that don't get enough light (energy) seem to wither and fade away, kinda like the plant itself laying down the law and getting rid of those that don't pull their own weight.. I do remove those. Don't have facts to back it up just a gut feeling. :D

shiva82

I'm really lazy with removing the bottoms. But partly because I don't really buy into the energy thievery theory. At least often the lowers that don't get enough light (energy) seem to wither and fade away, kinda like the plant itself laying down the law and getting rid of those that don't pull their own weight.. I do remove those. Don't have facts to back it up just a gut feeling. :D
i have grown hundreds of crops to know it makes a difference . i don't defoliate. i tactical remove . you shape the plant to the lights footprint and build a canopy.

pruning during flowering is not good

people get confused regarding pruning , and removing leaves. they imagine and perceive it as a human

shiva82

so it is tactical and environmental defined by the set up.

outdoors i would not remove anything other than those very lowers that get damaged during a season. that is human intervention

indoors it is different. it depends on lamp position , genetics, shape of the plant, leaf density and so on and so on . in the perfect set up , no you would not remove any foliage . perfect does not exist though

goingrey

Nah for sure parts of the plant react to the localized amount of light, and either reach for the light, wither away, or chill. And I'm not so convinced the chilling ones "steal energy" and aren't self-sustaining. And the light they get might just turn to heat if it hits the floor/pots, can be good or not, depends..

shiva82

here is an example of strategic pruning . a clone of space monkey . i remove , or prune away areas i do not want to develop. this is done in veg only while the plants growth hormones are high , i take a coupke of clones , and i fold the main stem over and create a crown .

Attachments

• IMG_1361.JPG
    IMG_1361.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1362.JPG
    IMG_1362.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 7

shiva82

Nah for sure parts of the plant react to the localized amount of light, and either reach for the light, wither away, or chill. And I'm not so convinced the chilling ones "steal energy" and aren't self-sustaining. And the light they get might just turn to heat if it hits the floor/pots, can be good or not, depends..
i never use that term so i dont know what you mean

shiva82

the same with people trapped into ' flushing' .just bad terminology and misinterpreted at different levels and scenarios . i don't flush, but i always use only water if my plants are well fed . just different strokes for different folk . some people take it as black and white , i can't help that though

shiva82

pruning is only done when plants are young . and removing of leaf is only used when the climate and environment shape, size etc dictate to remove said leaf . for multiple reasons. removing healthy material is not good practise . i agree on that .