What's new

Shiva Grows

shiva82

going to donate my tayberry plant to the farm. it should yield well for the first time this year. the plant is in its third season . going to train it to grow along a fence. got her ready for transport.

The tayberry is a cultivated shrub in the genus Rubus of the family Rosaceae patented in 1979 as a cross between a blackberry and a red raspberry, and named after the River Tay in Scotland. The fruit is sweeter, much larger, and more aromatic than that of the loganberry, itself a blackberry and red raspberry cross

Attachments

• IMG_6235.JPG
    IMG_6235.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 21

Cloneman

Veteran
going to donate my tayberry plant to the farm. it should yield well for the first time this year. the plant is in its third season . going to train it to grow along a fence. got her ready for transport.

The tayberry is a cultivated shrub in the genus Rubus of the family Rosaceae patented in 1979 as a cross between a blackberry and a red raspberry, and named after the River Tay in Scotland. The fruit is sweeter, much larger, and more aromatic than that of the loganberry, itself a blackberry and red raspberry cross
I love all sorts of berries, they sound lovely. Tay reminds me of Dundee cake, my Nan used to make impressive ones, heavy with fruit and nuts....mmm

Cloneman

Veteran
Thought for the day

"If you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good."
Roald Dahl

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats great, I've never heard of that! I always knew the blackberries look just like roses. You can tell when you see the small single row of pink petals its a rose, even though its not doubly flowered full of petals.

First they sleep then they creep then they leap, thats how perrenial plants grow. Kind of like us. Life gets better and better as the house is built by the Lord.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thought for the day

"If you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good."
Roald Dahl

Exactly, thats Word of God! Get your priorities straight and enjoy intentional living. Bear fruit with patience.

Revelation 3:15-19 NKJV

15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither [k]cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.[l] Therefore be [m]zealous and repent.

shiva82

lots of wisdom from cloneman and pastor pipestar today

food for thought

i made a new home for the tayberry and doug a trench out , and used the soil i digged up to fill my carrot tank and make shift herb tank. slow process . building up ,bit by bit .

Attachments

• IMG_6236.JPG
    IMG_6236.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6238.JPG
    IMG_6238.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6237.JPG
    IMG_6237.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6243.JPG
    IMG_6243.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6242.JPG
    IMG_6242.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6244.JPG
    IMG_6244.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 20

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet, making good progress! Strawberries are looking slick, thats going produce well!
I have a big green barn just like that!

Thats some really good soil. I always stuggle to separate the weeds from the carrots. I may have to try something like that. What types of herbs are you growing besides our favorite herb Cannabis?

I thought about getting some italian herbs going. I grew oregano a couple times over the years. Lost the plants that were in the garden, and I didn't plant the seedlings a year or 2 ago because they weren't ready then it got too hot.

I am somewhat sensitive to oregano anyway, but it has great health benefits! I may get a couple starts for the garden, if you get a pack of seed, the seed is so small you get like a million seeds!

shiva82

Sweet, making good progress! Strawberries are looking slick, thats going produce well!
I have a big green barn just like that!

Thats some really good soil. I always stuggle to separate the weeds from the carrots. I may have to try something like that. What types of herbs are you growing besides our favorite herb Cannabis?

I thought about getting some italian herbs going. I grew oregano a couple times over the years. Lost the plants that were in the garden, and I didn't plant the seedlings a year or 2 ago because they weren't ready then it got too hot.

I am somewhat sensitive to oregano anyway, but it has great health benefits! I may get a couple starts for the garden, if you get a pack of seed, the seed is so small you get like a million seeds!
i always grow carrots in tall pots , or deep tubs, troughs , whatevever , or on walls well away from the floor above 40 cm . this stops the common carrot fly from reaching your carrots as they only fly to a max of approx 20 cm off the ground. unless i just dreamt that up, but thats what i have always done. that soil i dug up was too decent not to reuse. its fertile soil , plus old compost layer , plus new horse manure and hay.i will turn it all over, and add a layer of screened compost on top . i removed the fresh manure and hay , as it is hot and just kept the good shit