What's new

shit this part sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
I always mix big quantities of soil in a kiddie pool cheap and efficient wear a mask for the dusty perlite.

M

mrred

im going just till the soil with a claw spinning tool in a small circle then plant a clone or seedling, then come back to check on the with some indonesian bat guano to mix into the soil and some quickly mixed tea

for mixing, a cemet mixer works great

microgram

Aeroguerilla: If you manage to haul all that, You'll be reaping a MASSIVE reward. Even if you get hit with a tornado. The dope you'll be harvesting is going to be in an insane amount. How are you going to harvest all of it!?

You can rent cement mixers cheap, but that means you have to haul it in bag by bag. Unless you can borrow some farmers electricity. hah. :smoker:

UG

hevox

I have 16 holes 4ft in diameter by 2-3ft deep. Not sure how many gallons that is. Started out with 6 holes quite a few years ago and have been adding one or two a year. I use the smae holes over and over with some being used as long as 6 years. The rain gives them a good flush every winter and I just add a little perilite, compost, and organic nutes to them every year. Getting a little older now so I think 16 is going to be it. Carrying those big bags is for you young guys!
Mind if I ask you a quick beginners question? I don't really know alot about growing, but I would just like to know, how many seeds/plants do you put in each hole? Is it just the one, or do you put two or three in the same hole?
Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn you guys are outdoor soldiers. That shit sounds like worlds of work. I'll never complain about mixing 18-20 gallons ever again.

I just wish I filled in the holes last fall, but time was short and the weather was getting cold/no cover. Just waiting for some things, then back out to the trench work!

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
i've decided to keep mixing and just bring out a little at a time for the next month :joint: so today i'm just going to have a relaxing day of digging lol

good luck guys!
ArcticBlast

today about 500 gallons worth and the same a couple days back though i did have my beautiful assistant help me greatly. Many more to go and many holes to dig so probably a couple thousand more to go, thankfully i reuse the 25 gallon pots each year and just do a little refreshing at this time of year. as a side note first seedlings germinated in the pots yesterday thanks to the super hot weather in eastern ontario this easter, i am happy the seedlings are so tough at this time of year and how much frost the babies can take.
Slart

Hell yeah its hard work..my back is killing me..hahaha...I mixed all my soil a moth or so ago and have spent the last week, digging holes and filling the holes with my soil, and finally planting clones in the pre-dug holes....

Having my plots spread out over 20 square miles sucks, but I know Ill have a harvest, atleast somewhere. Ill have 5 different spots with 6-10 plants spread out accross those spots, so 30-50 girls, should have a nice Fall.... I know thats not a big number to alot of you folks, but shit, I have to water them all by myself....hahaha.. thats alot of work, hopefully the water crystals will cut down on that alot. Good luck to everyone, so far, this season has started off nicely...without a hitch so far...Lets hope it stays that way...Good Luck everyone...

-R

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
I'm with red here. Gonna use my new auger. It's a steel rod with a big corkscrew on the end. That and a cordless drill turns the soil nicely. Already done my mom's flower beds.

You guys ever thought about renting a portable cement mixer from the tool renting store? Should make soil prep easier and faster. Just measure, pour and flip a switch...

N

North

I have 16 holes 4ft in diameter by 2-3ft deep. Not sure how many gallons that is. Started out with 6 holes quite a few years ago and have been adding one or two a year. I use the smae holes over and over with some being used as long as 6 years. The rain gives them a good flush every winter and I just add a little perilite, compost, and organic nutes to them every year. Getting a little older now so I think 16 is going to be it. Carrying those big bags is for you young guys!

BF, if my math is right you have about 870 gallon holes!!!:yoinks:

you might be able to grow a tree or 2 in that!:biggrin:

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
i need at the very least 150gallons, more realistically 300 :joint: but hey at least its not 2000gallons, jesus fucking christ!

ArcticBlast

BakedBeans

Man, I'm contemplating my outside run this year and my mind is already boggling. I've not only got my inside grow to work on as well as a new garden, hoop house, fencing, chicken coop to be fixed, goats and chickens to raise.

We're starting with only a house here this year. This land was never really improved for anything.

We still have 1-2 feet of snow all over the mountainside valley where I'm going to dig holes. My season is short.

I've got 5 cu yds of soil pre-bought that I need to pick up. Haven't priced compost yet but that will be fun.

I think I can truck it to within 100-200 ft of my area though. :)

I have to find quick-finishing strains.

bb

LazLo

Dug up 300 lbs corn field dirt last year. Mix with one 65 lb bag Black Magic potting soil, fresh water beach sand, greensand and 30 lbs worm castings. And toted on my back more than a mile 20 lbs at a time to mix 50/50 with native soil. (I'm a weak old woman!)

Enlarged site this year to accommodate 25 plants. Five strains and looking for 1 male of each for breeding. Only a dozen prepped holes from previous seasons. Trying to be as frugal as possible hence the corn field dirt. It was FREE!!

Also collect forest leaves to cover the freshly turned soil which then is mulch this year and worked into the soil next year.

Watering runs will be more frequent since it will take almost 2 weeks to give 1 gallon of water for each of the 25 plants. Two gallons a trip=16 lbs, again toted on my back for 1 mile.

If it weren't for the grow, I wouldn't get any exercise at all! The only drawback is avoiding making "the dreaded path" with so many trips.

Mountaineer

Hell yeah its hard work..my back is killing me..hahaha...I mixed all my soil a moth or so ago and have spent the last week, digging holes and filling the holes with my soil, and finally planting clones in the pre-dug holes....

Having my plots spread out over 20 square miles sucks, but I know Ill have a harvest, atleast somewhere. Ill have 5 different spots with 6-10 plants spread out accross those spots, so 30-50 girls, should have a nice Fall.... I know thats not a big number to alot of you folks, but shit, I have to water them all by myself....hahaha.. thats alot of work, hopefully the water crystals will cut down on that alot. Good luck to everyone, so far, this season has started off nicely...without a hitch so far...Lets hope it stays that way...Good Luck everyone...

-R

I know what you mean about a backache.

Try a five mile hike, one way, and then climbing this:

picture.php

The picture makes it look like a short climb, but its about 150 ft.

I am sure that many here feel, or have at least felt my pain.
Thankfully there are water polymers... lol.

No sources of water within a mile of that site, so waterings have been few and far between in the past.

I have an idea for a watering tank disguised as a backpack and plan to start a thread on constructing it when I get the parts.

microgram

What about irrigation? You buy an anti-siphon garden tap used for houses that'll convert you from pipe thread to garden hose thread. You'd need something with a good max lift though. As long as you have poly that'll sustain 70 psi, you can run that upwards to your plot.

I think I can feel your pain, or at least ball park it. Hiking is no adventure, let alone with water up 150 foot mountain. I guess you should look for a new spot? heh.

Latest posts

Latest posts