What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shipping Container for making seeds???

brickweeder

I wanted to get one of those containers but I'd need a crane to lift it over the house into the backyard, then I'd probably have to get a permit to block the street, pay for flaggers, and who knows what other costs. I sure wish I had access so a truck could just drive in and drop it off. I'd have one right now for storage and a workshop if it was easy.
The company that you buy it from might be able to do the delivery, might be interesting to explore your options.

growshopfrank

Veteran
Word of caution here.
Do not spray foam the interior of a shipping can that you intend to grow in.
Due to the foam off-gassing it will be near impossible to get a healthy crop off.
Even with sub one minute air changes healthy starts will be sickly within seven days.
Tightly sealed rooms require careful selection of building materials with special attention involving paints and sealers.
Plants are very sensitive to chemicals in the air.
This type of shit will have you chasing your own tail and doubting your abilities as a gardener.
Been there done it and know better now FWIW.