What's new

Shipping clones

Is there a thread or discussion about best practices of shipping clones within Canada?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

TheBlackman

yo

not that I have much to add to this flow,
but a certain Baba in la Belle Province,

once chopped a branch from a Roberts Creek Congo,
and by chance mailed it too me,

after two weeks I was able to successfully,
clone that piece of tree as easy as can be,

so my advice to you,
is waste no more time,

let Canada Post deliver your pine.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've allegedly mailed clones a few different ways. Cut and throw in a ziploc for the receiver to root works very well if they are reasonable green thumb. Rooted in the smallest rockwool cube is good too. Rooted clones and plants in containers will pop out happy even after 10 days in the dark (I've done 14 days no prob), so don't spend $ on next day delivery. A good way to pack a small rooted rockwool cube is at the bottom of a quart size (starbucks) plastic cup with a smaller (pint) cup with a 1" round hole in the bottom jammed down into the big one to the depth that traps the cube between the cups. The top of the plant is contained by the big cup. Maybe a little wet plastic wrap around the cube to further prevent movement and tape the top edges of the cups together with duct or packing tape. I should have made photos for my gallery last time I did this. Will remember next time for sure.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just cut and put in ziplocks as mentioned above. Works very well. I like to have them in 3-5 days for best success.

yahooman

i know its legal to ship clones within ontario,and almost positive its legal within canada,except quebec