What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sharing tech? Keep Secrets?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I prefer 99.9% dry sift resin heads, and I never take hard drugs, or even alcohol at least for the last 40 years.
Funny how you seem to have real anger toward me, is that your ego? Or something related to your familiarity with a crack pipe?
You do not know me at all. As for overpriced fancy gear, I don't use them, I have a basic simple glass bong made for dry sift, easy to clean, and I have 2 extras as back-ups for when I break one.
Whatever, do what makes you happy, if frozen dry sift is what you want then you must be a happy guy? You sure sound it.....
-SamS

how pure and clean do you really need your stuff....????? if frozen dry sift don't do it for ya consider a harder drug..go hit the crack pipe.... ..fuck all the bullshit , EGOS,overpriced fancy gear and all the rest......yeeehaw.. stick your secret technique right up there..ha ha I said it bite me

Jewcepuddle

jewse I feel you I was very frustrated seeing pics of the pure dry sift for years before I stumbled onto the static tech.

after making hash for some years I've got three methods that produce superior product that I actually enjoy smoking (big flower head here, not a natural hash fiend like some folks).

first is the static tech dry sift. that shit is the best tasting, smelling, and smoking product I've come across. also very stable. using cured flowers and trim.

next I love fresh frozen water hash. I do a version of the gumby/gravity method that my friend taught me. great for strains for strains with lovely live resin aromas that dissipate after a few days of drying. the hash is best if consumed within a week I've found. after that the fragrance starts to mellow.

lastly I've been experimenting with qwet and really enjoying the product. I'll be using this technique for cbd extractions once I get my hands on some material. good for edibles, tinctures, salves, and dabbing!

keep smoking that beautiful bubble OP!

Thanks much! :tiphat:

Jewcepuddle

I don't want this thread to rub anyone the wrong way, if you have secret tech and keep it secret thats something I will have to live with, I don't want anyone who is keeping tech secret to be shamed or anything like that, I just wanted to throw my own opinion out about the situation: Some of us may not be here tomorrow alive and breathing and the longer things are kept secret the more people miss out on the glory of the cannabis plant, hopefully the next 10 years will bring an era of learning and evolving with hashish and cannabis as a whole.

Jewcepuddle

And you have to give sam credit, he sticks to his guns and thats alot more then can be said about many of the world leaders right now haha, much love to you sam.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
No problem, I have very thick skin after years of abuse, and I have also shared a lot with this community, where did you all learn about terpenes? Either from my work or from someone familiar with my work. And that is just a taste of what I have shared over the years.
Funny, I did not want to post about terpenes for several years after I did the work, I was afraid that people would take the info and use it to make terpene sprays to make old shit pot seem better, and who knows the quality of terpenes they will buy and use in the spray? Well as soon as I released the info within a year people were offering terpene sprays to upgrade dead or poor cannabis, or terpene free extracts, I have no idea if the products are safe or what? Maybe they buy Limonene made in China for $10 a gallon, what do I know? I hope what they do is safe but I doubt it. The terpenes used in my tests were the highest grade that could be found, not the $10 versions the $200 super pure versions. I suggest people try and stick to terpenes from Cannabis, and avoid any others unless they are pharmaceutical grades, the next best is analytical grades, then food grades, then cleaner grades like glass cleaners in the case of Limonene. Which do you think people will buy to add to a spray to make more money from lousy old pot? I know terpenes extracted from Cannabis only are even more expensive then any I talk about. Few use the real from Cannabis terpenes as they are hard to make and or obtain, or buy they can cost a lot to collect because of the price of Cannabis as a raw material, I hope that will change, meaning that the raw materials are as cheap as any other natural terpene source.
-SamS

And you have to give sam credit, he sticks to his guns and thats alot more then can be said about many of the world leaders right now haha, much love to you sam.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
All the pics I posted are just ice water hashish, nothing special :)

I am sure most people have an ok grasp on water hash to say the least. PM me if you need specifics though I will gladly answer any question you have :)

You can not be PM'ed until you get your post count past 50....

Ice water hash can be special if made from the right varieties and done the right way including drying the resin very dry as quickly as you can at low temps. I am the one that was telling everyone until Mila and Bubbleman came around later and sold everyone the bags and then washing machines, and they made even better cleaner resin then my way, from ground up dry buds to let the resin sink to the bottom of cold water filled vases ....
It worked but not as super pure resin, you got it all in one lump, the big, the small, even the resin stems. But it did light the fire that once people tried pure resin they did not want to smoke anything else. Then Mila and Bubbleman sold bags that allowed real pure separation of almost pure resin heads. That changed the face of Cannabis consumption, people started trying to figure out how to make dry sift as clean and also terpene rich as no water to remove any terpenes. Now I see 90+% resin heads a lot, everyone wants to show me what they can do, and some is fricking amazing...
What you really want is the variety you love the most, grown sinsi and made into dry sift as clean as you can. Most who try it say that is what I want to smoke.
I can't blame them, I hardly smoke herb, to me it is just the messenger, and resin is the message....
You do not need 99.9% resin heads, you want them. In fact 99.9% dry sift resin heads are a pain to smoke unpressed, like I like them. It wants to run right through my stainless screens that are so small in hole size everyone that sees them says wow they are smaller then any they have seen. I can stack 3 screens and stop the running down the bong stem. Or smoke it in a dab rig or a glass shoe bowl, but I like my bong better, although I will admit the electric D-nails do taste a bit better when done right. But I don't like the cord needed to use one. So I use my bong, I can smoke resin that is pretty clean on one screen, the dry sift resin is maybe 75%+ resin heads and is maybe 60-75% THC vs the 85% THC in 99.9% dry sift resin heads. If I want cleaner resin I can't smoke it on a single screen it just melts right through the single screen and down the bong stem, I don't get a hit at all.... So I use 3 screens stacked that works.

-SamS

graham12

You can not be PM'ed until you get your post count past 50....

Ice water hash can be special if made from the right varieties and done the right way including drying the resin very dry as quickly as you can at low temps. I am the one that was telling everyone until Mila and Bubbleman came around later and sold everyone the bags and then washing machines, and they made even better cleaner resin then my way, from ground up dry buds to let the resin sink to the bottom of cold water filled vases ....
It worked but not as super pure resin, you got it all in one lump, the big, the small, even the resin stems. But it did light the fire that once people tried pure resin they did not want to smoke anything else. Then Mila and Bubbleman sold bags that allowed real pure separation of almost pure resin heads. That changed the face of Cannabis consumption, people started trying to figure out how to make dry sift as clean and also terpene rich as no water to remove any terpenes. Now I see 90+% resin heads a lot, everyone wants to show me what they can do, and some is fricking amazing...
What you really want is the variety you love the most, grown sinsi and made into dry sift as clean as you can. Most who try it say that is what I want to smoke.
I can't blame them, I hardly smoke herb, to me it is just the messenger, and resin is the message....
You do not need 99.9% resin heads, you want them. In fact 99.9% dry sift resin heads are a pain to smoke unpressed, like I like them. It wants to run right through my stainless screens that are so small in hole size everyone that sees them says wow they are smaller then any they have seen. I can stack 3 screens and stop the running down the bong stem. Or smoke it in a dab rig or a glass shoe bowl, but I like my bong better, although I will admit the electric D-nails do taste a bit better when done right. But I don't like the cord needed to use one. So I use my bong, I can smoke resin that is pretty clean on one screen, the dry sift resin is maybe 75%+ resin heads and is maybe 60-75% THC vs the 85% THC in 99.9% dry sift resin heads. If I want cleaner resin I can't smoke it on a single screen it just melts right through the single screen and down the bong stem, I don't get a hit at all.... So I use 3 screens stacked that works.

-SamS

When the climate changes do you think you would ever be tempted to sell your dry sift ? Iv always thought cannabis should be sold like wine.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
No interest in being a Cannabis or resin producer, I am a breeder first. I will be happy to license off a machine to someone like Bubbleman to sell. Then anyone can make lots of great dry sift, if they have the raw materials...
I always though Cannabis dry sift resin could be sold by the Oz or LB or Kg with a scoop your own bagful and just weigh it and pay, like dry fruit at a healthfood store. Cannabis is not expensive to produce, if not illegal. It costs very little to grow by the acre, and could be sold dry but un-manicured by big growers for $100 a kilo. Or like a christmas tree farm, pick your own plant for $100 and take it home with you to dry, clean, and separate the resin....
I can get 1kg plants when dry and manicured, easy, you just need to grow 10,000 and let the customers come to you and do most of the work after you grow it.
-SamS

When the climate changes do you think you would ever be tempted to sell your dry sift ? Iv always thought cannabis should be sold like wine.

Daub Marley

No interest in being a Cannabis or resin producer, I am a breeder first. I will be happy to license off a machine to someone like Bubbleman to sell. Then anyone can make lots of great dry sift, if they have the raw materials...
There is no machine and will never be one. You don't have the technical knowledge to build it nor does Bubbleman. If you actually cared about anyone but yourself you would have released all info 10 years ago to competent indiviuals who could acutally make a machine or further a tek. All you cared about was protecting your secrets and potential future profits. Now we have rosin and static dry sift the community has gotten right around you. So honestly take all your hippocratic patting yourself on your back bullshit and sell it elsewhere.

Sunfire

Veteran
I've produced 5 kilo plants before and it's a pain in the fucken ass. I'll never sell a whole plant for 100$ it's actually not that easy to produce high grade on a mass scale. After a a decade I've developed a lot of methods to make things easier and more cost effective but I would never want to go lower than 1k/#.

Bubble man is a rip off artist. He did it right on camera during the last hash church. Myself and another are working on starting a company that for the patients and will provide technology at a fair price. License through us if you don't want to see the people get raped on way overpriced equipment.

I love my fresh frozen water hash. B nugs are in the freezer no more than an hour after cutting. Very aromatic and I'd like to start pulling terps off the left over water.

I've been doing a lot of terpene research lately. I just ordered one of those microwave kits. It not the best way but it's fast and easy for less than 200$ after shipping and tax for the complete kot. I talked with the owner of the essenx100 and he's a cool guy. I have a lot of experiments for his product that he's never tried, I'm excited!

StoneyK

Veteran
Sam hate to say it but your the old school the new school people actually pretty much share everything they learn.
One could actually argue that you hording secrets for 10 years because in your opinion no one else deserved to know or would misuse it was actaully VERY VERY counter productive For everyone but you.
Notice how fast we are moving now weve gotten past the hording dinosaurs??? When knowledge is free its useful, kept secret its only used to mainpulate and gain advantage.
maybe if yiu would have shared tour tech 10 years ago we would be so much further we would be doing custom terpine profiles in hash and or not gotten into the whole bho movement and stayed with healthy wayer extractions that dont blow us up.
Hate to say Sam it but you are exactly the reason we need real scientists studying cannabis who publish their results not mad scientists who horde everthing they know because they deem the rest of us unworthy to have it.
Collaboration beings innovation pure an simple keeping it bottled up is just greed.

I do understand youve shared a lot sam but why not just let the knowledge flow freely instead of spoon feedin it is all im sayin.
Sure some would abuse as they ALWAYS do but the rest could drive it forward make new discoveres and even see new angles you might have missed.

Sunfire

Veteran
I think your missing the corporate defense angle. There are groups that just go around ripping off people, like the Omaha group and others as well. One should secure proper intellectual property before releasing the technique or product to ensure it stays in the hands of the people. I'm currently.working on patenting my revolutionary technique. Not to be greedy, but to make sure I don't get sued later, and to make sure the patients can use the technique and technology at home, free of worry. I will also be able to stop big business from mass producing rosin and over charging the patients and people. There's a lot more to that evil world of business than what meets the eye.

Daub Marley

If sam takes some time to try and keep things secret for a while to develop it himself I completely understand. When you don't make any progress after 5 years its time to give it to someone who can do something with it. After 10 years he hasn't given anything and it's borderline criminal considering people are blowing themselves up. People still thinks his method and would be machine are revolutionary but Sam's washed up. Him and his tek has been made completely obsolete.
If you're in this to make millions you're in the wrong business. I doubt most companies would care about any machine to sell to the cannabis community because its too small. I doubt any patent would be worth the investment considering you would still have to defend it.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
ps for the people asking "so what is the secret?" it's static carding your dry sift.

here's a demo by bubbleman:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/qC5S-uF8VLQ[/youtube]

EsterEssence

Veteran
I've produced 5 kilo plants before and it's a pain in the fucken ass. I'll never sell a whole plant for 100$ it's actually not that easy to produce high grade on a mass scale. After a a decade I've developed a lot of methods to make things easier and more cost effective but I would never want to go lower than 1k/#.

Bubble man is a rip off artist. He did it right on camera during the last hash church. Myself and another are working on starting a company that for the patients and will provide technology at a fair price. License through us if you don't want to see the people get raped on way overpriced equipment.

I love my fresh frozen water hash. B nugs are in the freezer no more than an hour after cutting. Very aromatic and I'd like to start pulling terps off the left over water.

I've been doing a lot of terpene research lately. I just ordered one of those microwave kits. It not the best way but it's fast and easy for less than 200$ after shipping and tax for the complete kot. I talked with the owner of the essenx100 and he's a cool guy. I have a lot of experiments for his product that he's never tried, I'm excited!
Yea bubbleman's ethic's leave me less than impressed, and he is not the sharpest tool in the shed on hash church, but he does promet the plant so, well that's all i can say...

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I should not waste my time with a response except to say I have a machine I am testing out. I understand that you are a hater, so be it, I can't make you act like a good person.
For you to suggest I should of given my ideas away for free, is typical of youth that think everything should be free and on the internet so they do not have to inconvenience them selves to get what they want in life. If you think the static method is as good as my method then use it, I will stick to my way as it is faster and easier. I like Rosin and why do you think we have such good dry sift today, maybe because I helped motivate new ideas? They knew that it can be done some how and tried, did you?
People like you are never happy, I tell them how to make water hash and they want more, I tell them terpenes can modify and potentiate THC and they want more, I explain about THCV, CBD, and they want more, I explain how to transform a male to female to judge what the male will pass on to progeny, and a lot more, maybe the real problem is not me, but your attitude that you deserve a free lunch? And info that is discovered by me you have a right to? I give it if I want to, and much I have given over the years but all you see is the one thing you want the most and I did not give to you, tough.
I will not sell a machine, but maybe the ideas.
I suggest you chill with some of your wonderful rosin and static dry sift and stop the hating, it makes you look petty....
And I refuse to lower myself to your level.
Have a good life,

-SamS

There is no machine and will never be one. You don't have the technical knowledge to build it nor does Bubbleman. If you actually cared about anyone but yourself you would have released all info 10 years ago to competent indiviuals who could acutally make a machine or further a tek. All you cared about was protecting your secrets and potential future profits. Now we have rosin and static dry sift the community has gotten right around you. So honestly take all your hippocratic patting yourself on your back bullshit and sell it elsewhere.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Sam hate to say it but your the old school the new school people actually pretty much share everything they learn.
One could actually argue that you hording secrets for 10 years because in your opinion no one else deserved to know or would misuse it was actaully VERY VERY counter productive For everyone but you.

So you say, I say it motivated people they knew it could be done. That and I am proud to be Old School, I remember when a friends word and handshake was the same or better then a contract, those days are gone. Replace by new school opportunists and some nice guys, but it is not the same as it was when Cannabis was very very illegal.

Notice how fast we are moving now weve gotten past the hording dinosaurs??? When knowledge is free its useful, kept secret its only used to mainpulate and gain advantage.

Do you every buy or use tech that is patented? Why? Who makes the choice if an invention should be patented or given away freely?
The inventor should decide when it is their invention, not someone that learned about it after the fact

maybe if yiu would have shared tour tech 10 years ago we would be so much further we would be doing custom terpine profiles in hash and or not gotten into the whole bho movement and stayed with healthy wayer extractions that dont blow us up.

You are right BHO is all my fault, what a joke...PS I have never made BHO.

Hate to say Sam it but you are exactly the reason we need real scientists studying cannabis who publish their results not mad scientists who horde everthing they know because they deem the rest of us unworthy to have it.
Collaboration beings innovation pure an simple keeping it bottled up is just greed.

You are maybe wrong, all universities have IPR departments so the university gets a piece, you have zero understanding of how the word works, can you name the real scientists that have helped growers and smokers? To do what? Name one or two it must be easy...

I do understand youve shared a lot sam but why not just let the knowledge flow freely instead of spoon feedin it is all im sayin.
Sure some would abuse as they ALWAYS do but the rest could drive it forward make new discoveres and even see new angles you might have missed.

It is not about abuse in the case with dry sift, it is my invention and I would like to see it through, simple enough and it is my choice. That and R&D costs a lot, it might be nice to recoup some of the losses, in the millions running a lab etc, I never had real products to sell, the R&D was $ down the drain, I was happy to do that, I found it interesting.

I was hoping the terpene info I released would drive breeders to create single terpene varieties like my work to make the single Cannabinoid varieties, not only have none risen to the challenge but no one else has yet made single Cannabinoid varieties, like for CBC, CBG, THCV, CBDV, much less single terpene varieties. They hear the terpene info and like a bunch of monkeys they grab for the shiney pennies, (Added terpenes to poor old pot or extracts) instead of doing the work required to have singel terpene Cannabis varieties that can be used as basic building blocks in the future to create any terpene profile desired.
That was my interest before I retired, I began the work.
-SamS

Last edited: