What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shame on you TH seeds, incest seed lovers

little-soldier

George; im not trying to entertain anyone, just trying to get this message out to TH seeds (which i emailed btw with no response) and everyone thinking of getting feminised garbage. I know the word incest is drastic but its the closest thing to incest when you think about the genetic anomalies these feminised seeds produce. Over the course of my 20 years of growing, ive barely seen (1% maybe) any hermi or mutant plants with regular seeds compared to feminized (90%). Ive grown maybe 200 feminised and close to 1000 regular.

little-soldier

Lester beans; im looking specifically for th seeds indica version of bubblegum in regular form. I spent hours the other night on every seedbank you can imagine but all their regulars th seeds bubblegum is sold out/discontinued

Dr.feelzgood, ive never tried mk ultra but i doubt the taste is better the the famous bubblegum. Could be wrong but havnt seen much people raving about it online.

Troutman; you are so damn right but the worst part is, you dont even get the same copy when you feminised. I speak from experience trying to find a blue dream copy of the clone(sativa or indica BD). I bought 3 packs of HSO blue dream feminised, they were crap, no blueberry taste at all, hermies and not even close looking to the actual clone. Then I tried dr.greenthumb version, bought 2 packs, its was ok but then again, hermie with no blueberry taste at all, just a soap taste. And finally i tried Cali connections version. Again, hermie, shitty yield BUT this one had a faint blueberry taste. Thats when i gave up trying to find a BD replica from S1. In my experience, regular seeds are alot closer to the mom. So screw these money hungry breeders who only want to offer feminised versions of their stock

little-soldier

Fuel; thanks man, im really hoping this thread will open theses breeders eyes to the fact that we want stable genetics to breed outselves eventually into something special. Its no wonder that it is not recommended to breed with feminised seeds. Crappy hermi proned, mutant leaf genes are passed a long way.

Happytimes; Nirvana only sells feminised seeds now a days and Serious seeds has reworked his version so its deffinatly different than it was 15 years ago. Any breeders who claim to have lost a genetic and has tried to recreate it has failed to do so. Brothers Grimms C99 is a good example of that.

GatorGumbo; i will definatly try moscas old time indiana bubblegum but its a cross so im not putting my hopes up. Was thinking about BOGs bogbubble but read multiple threads from years back where their regulars have hermied. Not sure about now a days but maybe ill try it too eventually.

little-soldier

HerbGreen; omg you are a life saver, I literally spent hours on goggle going through all seedbank the other day trying to find some with no success and a big discontinued. I wonder why seedsherenow didnt show up in my search. I have now just emailed the company to make sure they really have them in stock.you just made my day, eeeeeehhaaaa!!!

herbgreen

Veteran
HerbGreen; omg you are a life saver, I literally spent hours on goggle going through all seedbank the other day trying to find some with no success and a big discontinued. I wonder why seedsherenow didnt show up in my search. I have now just emailed the company to make sure they really have them in stock.you just made my day, eeeeeehhaaaa!!!

Glad it worked out

Here's an episode of the adam dunn show where he explains the origin of his bubblegum strain

Adam dunn Show...The story begins @42:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue4E96JZQtw

JohnnyChicago

How do you know if they have used feminized plants for breeding or not? That's why for me, nowadays, there is no difference between feminized and regular seeds.

Basically every modern stain is the result of "incesting". So if you want stable strains, go oldschool or make your own crosses with your favourite stable strains and grow them. They will be much more stable than most of the untested seeds that are sold for big money.

little-soldier

Recirculator; 10 years ago maybe but if you look at their official webpage they have more feminised seeds than regular. Im just worried eventually everything will be feminised or gmo garbage seeds. A lot of companies were doing regular back then and now only sell feminised. Green house seeds and nirvana comes to mind. Untill then we have to fight for the right cause.

Herbgreen; thx again m8. After growing numerous strains and being an intense terpene lover, nothing seems to beat bubblegum, bubba kush and jack herer from back in the early 2000.

kro-magnon

Veteran
If you look for good reg seeds you can try Karma genetics or Bodhi seeds, they are both selling very good strains with very different styles. Karma is doing an amazing job with his genetics, everything I've tried from him gave keepers. There is a lot more options for reg seeds but I guaranty you will be happy with any strain coming from both of them.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The problem with the practice of femminising a line, isn't in the genetic alteration (because there isn't any) , its in the difficulty it creates for the common home grower to produce more seeds, and for the competition to evolve the line further. (The majority of new genes being created in the Y equivalent chromosome.)

little-soldier

Kro-Magnon; you are right about bodhi seeds having stellar genetics. I have tried their blueberry hashplant and out of 12 females i found a keeper. It has a creamy blueberry candy taste. I call it the blueberry campino candy pheno. Although there were only 2 phenos that had a blueberry taste, i wish good breeders like them work their strains a bit more like serious seeds. Not many strains but you get what you paid for. I also hate when breeders use different males/females to produce more seeds because the outcome is further away from the original. I will definatly look into karma. Thx bud

GMT; i agree but its not always about making more seeds, its about getting what you paid for. I have seen the same leaf mutation on feminised seeds from different breeders. Never seen it in regulars. Not to mention when hairs turn brown halfway through flowering caused by the plant polinating itself, it inhibits the bud from developing so you end up with smaller buds and it alters the taste because the plant didnt get to its full potential. Smell/flavor usually comes near the end of the flowering cycle. If you grow from feminised seeds and never had seeds, it doesnt mean your plant is not a hermie. Some pollen is sterile so no seeds will develop but the bud development will slow down because the calix is still tricked into trying to make seeds. Just look at your buds halfway through flowering and you will see the hairs change color. Thats when you know

shaggyballs

Veteran
The problem with the practice of femminising a line, isn't in the genetic alteration (because there isn't any) , its in the difficulty it creates for the common home grower to produce more seeds, and for the competition to evolve the line further. (The majority of new genes being created in the Y equivalent chromosome.)

I agree with GMT!
I feel it is being done as a deterrent to reproduction.
A form of protection if you will.

little-soldier

Not sure but isnt the fact that they have leaf mutations and more proned to being a hermie a sign of genetic alteration? Or maybe what i am describing has another scientific term.

G

GatorGumbo

It's being done because there are levels to growing your own and people will pay for a batch of known sex seeds. It's a simple as that to me. There was a time when fem seeds were a crapshoot because everything was stress hermed or selfed, that practice has ended.

Keep in mind, lots of growers are older folks who aren't going to be carrying three even half sized male plants out of the basement and into the compost pile as a small undertaking. Also, people like that tend to be on a fixed income and they can't afford to spend the energy and growing resources on growing something that won't deliver for them in the end. I have two people in my family with legal gardens and I have genuinely no idea how they physically manage it, but I know that anything that helps is a godsend.

For me personally, I prefer regular seeds but have become more trusting of properly feminized lines as of recently, to where I genuinely see no drawbacks in the final product whatsoever. Some strains, like Golden Tiger from ACE, are said to be more powerful in their feminized rendition. The days of rampant instability and underwhelming potency are totally gone for people doing fems correctly. If you've grown selfed bag seed then chances are strong you've grown some herm pollen out, and while not breeding stock of course, I bet it was some dank shit butway more herm bitchy than an affordable pack of reputable fems.

Further into it, breeding with females only does leave traits theoretically unselected (but not irrelevant) as it pertains to any desirable male expressions. I've read people much more experienced and intelligent than myself say that breeding for the best females is myopic and genetically preemptive, that you should breed with both males and females for this reason.

little-soldier

Gator Gumbo; i dont fully agree with you. I have tried feminised seeds AND S1 blue dream seeds all from reputable breeders and all were hermie proned garbage nowhere near the actual blue dream clone. Now wether you stress or use coloidal silver on plants, it still puts a stress on the plant resulting in garbage feminised seeds. Did i mention these seeds were garbage? As for potency, a clone grown high in the mountains will result in higher THC compared to the one in lower altitude, plus there are different ways to get thc % and none of them will give the same results. Not to mention that higher thc % on feminised seeds could very well be a sales pitch

Burt

Veteran
Different females and males are used to create HYBRID VIGOR. This doesn’t happen when a line is inbred and typically results in plants better than either parents.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Different conditions are more stressful than others. Main reason there's a huge range of experiences posted about the same product, from all different growers and conditions.

Cannabis, at the core of its genetics, carries both genders in every plant. Almost any plant can be man stressed enough to hermie, with well worked strains being the most difficult.

Feminizing does not 'create hermie garbage.' Feminizing less than 'very stable' genetics is definitely an issue.

When and how did they hermie, what were your temps/RH, how did you grow them?

Fuel

When you need to be really productive with "quality warrants" on large scales, you don't buy feminized seeds but you fill your truck with forced clones with the possibility to check the motherplants for the most professionnals.

Also if something wrong happen with the clones, better for the provider to leave fast the state for another planet ...

Extrapolating the actual market practices in the situations requiring minimal margin of errors ? WWIII guaranteed, a lot will not survive. Literally lol

Like many others, i will not bet one penny on a grow op using fems. Or eventually if they only make extractions, no flowers at all. Well no, even in this case i will not put any figure on the table lol

Call it biased opinion, i name it liberalism. The empty jar decide who win.

Now for casual uses, i can ear strictly everything and all marketing loops possible.

Fems are for me, and for the moment, the only way to release something than can't be worked afterward. Making double fems or trying to "hack" a fem is more expensive in term of productivity than just calling sensi seeds or dutch passion for bulk seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts