What's new

Shaggy's new grow.... Goodbye Sunlight supply!

shaggyballs

Veteran
Does anyone have credible info on the undercurrent systems?

I think that is my next move.

That and a RO system!

I think these nute will perform much better in RO.
I believe I am using too much phosphoric acid to break the city water buffers!
This seems to be an issue at the moment.

UNREGISTRD

I have not made my own nutes yet!
I have been putting all my effort into hormone experiments.
But the only real fact I could come up with is, use the hormones at ultra low levels.
This is due to the fact that they are heavily strain and timing dependent.
I still have to figure out hydro buddy completely.
I get stuck on simple things sometimes!
I do hope to mix my own nutes someday I have a few profiles in mind but I am just not ready yet.

I used to believe the hydro-store hype but I am beyond all that now.

That is what got me looking into MBFerts!
I do not have to pay outragous hydro store prices for a high quality product that is ready to use!
shag

:tiphat: Thanks i just bought there vitamin booster to add to my formula.. I was def going to start using it at half of what they suggest..

Ya hydrobuddy took me a month or so to get the hang of and once I got the hang of that we created our own spreads to make our mixes...He has an article on how to make concentrates as well thats really helped me save Thousands in the past years..

Mb seems to have picked up right there by mixing there own nutes and is why im curious to see how these nutes play out and what ratios there running compared to other companies...Alot of there stuff seems to be knockoff advanced which is similiar to a few of our experiments as well...

Yes RO mixed with half tap is the best way to go for nutes IMO.. if you have hardwater youll be using phdown everyday...
Id suggest adding some extra CA/MG to replace what your breaking down...

shaggyballs

Veteran
When I stated to use the hormones at low levels I was referring to them in raw form.
But it never hurts to slowly work your way up..right!

I am also cautious when it comes to new products.
I still feel it is best not to start at full strength!
Shag

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
P1090654.jpg

Big Mama taken 7-20-14

P1090652.jpg

Mama in shaggy soil ......(pearlite,peat moss,coarse sand and compost.)
With added mycos at transplant.
taken 7-20-14

P1090650.jpg

Momma starting to bud
taken 7-20-14

P1090644.jpg

Mom and her babies
taken 7-20-14
P1090646.jpg

Roots from the healthiest clone straight in the back.
taken 7-20-14

No, I am not using any air stones!

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
P1090634.jpg

Healthiest clone taken 7-20-14
P1090629.jpg

7-20-14
P1090627.jpg

7-20-14
P1090613.jpg

Before taken 7-13-14
P1090616.jpg

Before taken 7-13-14

All the buckets had issues, due to trying to break the city water buffers.
I believe it was too much phosphoric acid that did it.

I need to switch over to RO water!
I have been fighting the idea for a while but, I guess I gotta do it.
This was my first run with new nutes, so I kinda expected imperfection!

Last edited:

UNREGISTRD

Looks like that coco one is blowing up compared to the buckets!! Ive never really had good look with aero..always seems like something is wrong..All look pretty good though.. Maybe give the buckets a little more nutes!

shaggyballs

Veteran
Looks like that coco one is blowing up compared to the buckets!! Ive never really had good look with aero..always seems like something is wrong..All look pretty good though.. Maybe give the buckets a little more nutes!

That aint no Coco that there is Shaggy soil...LOL
But that moma had huge roots in a 5 gal. when I put her in the bin.
I added mycos to the soil and the roots went wild I saw white fuzzys popping up all over!
She has completely rooted that bin now.

I do great with aero but I need to keep the plants small.
I want to switch to Undercurrent but that is more changes ya know?
shag

shaggyballs

Veteran
Lemon cake update for ya'll

P1090507.jpg

BEFORE Taken 7-4-14

P1090660.jpg

After taken 7-21-14

P1090661.jpg

Taken 7-21-14

P1090662.jpg

taken 7-21-14
P1090665.jpg

taken 7-21-14

Please feel free to post comments and question,,,,,if you have any!

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Hey all

I hope you liked the updated pics.
I will post as many as I can!

So, any comments on the Under current systems.
I don't know the first thing about effectively running one.

If some one would give me a crash course, I would be grateful.
Seems it would be the same as DWC but I would like to here from someone with experience.

I did check the undercurrent section and have a rough idea, but things still seem inconclusive over there.
Like the best method for DO ect.
So much speculation.

But
I really want to move to a 1 rez system!

shag
:smoke out:

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Recent harvest

P1090670.jpg

This plant was just a bit over 3 foot tall when she finished but 3x3x3 total!

P1090677.jpg

The new mom should have roots like this!
P1090671.jpg

P1090680.jpg

Funny my dirt roots are as white or whiter than my DWC buckets???

P1090681.jpg

I just pulled straight up and out they came out of that little hole.

I will update soon
shag

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
P1090682.jpg

Chains hold the glass in place while you change the bulbs!

P1090683.jpg

4k MH and HPS together
I went with the 4K cause it had more red spectrum.

shaggyballs

Veteran
P1090686.jpg

The whole family......Taken 7-24-14
P1090690.jpg

MOM......Taken 7-24-14
P1090693.jpg

#1 clone......Taken 7-24-14

They look more yellow in the pics than they do in person.

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
It seems I forgot to mention that All the girls except 1 are SOUR GRAPE.
And I added a 1 single OG to fill the room out.

UNREGISTRD

Things seem to be filling in pretty good... are you still following the mb feed chart? Looks like you could give em a bit more.. Im sure there not as yellow in person but they still look like they could use some more N. Itll get em green and perky again...you can do this by bringing your base nutes up a bit...Are you rocking tw0 600's in that hood now?

And I have a UC6XXL13 sitting in storage...Got on the bandwagon cause of Jackmay..UC can be a bit tricky and we live in the Hot desert so keeping Air and WATER temps in tact is a bit of a challenge compared to running coco in pots! The coco room absolutly killed the UC room.. The UC room was Double the work in maintaining nutes/temps and still barely hit the Mark of the Coco room...We are not there everyday so that could be the issue too but we have a life too...

Hey Shaggy - query re: new lights. What kind of penetration are you getting? Is the spectrum shifted by using 550 to power 600 watt bulbs? I try to keep my plants w/i 4x4 footprint w 1000 watt and XXL hood? What is your footprint?

The UCs are very hands on. They require constant repairs, monitoring and cleaning. I got good results on occasion. However, there were leaks, or the chiller would quit, the pipes would get clogged, or I would fail to completely clean system between runs. Drop your guard and your grow is ruined. Also, root aphids became the main pest and they are far worse than fungus gnats. My UC became salvage for other projects. It was fun at first.

RO should be a priority. Consistently pure water w/I hauling water bottles was a game changer. Turns my 580 ppm tap water to 7 ppm. Put float valve on 55 gallon barrel w water lines to two gravity fed resevoirs. Waste water goes to pool.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Things seem to be filling in pretty good... are you still following the mb feed chart?I am running 6 ml per gal and I consider a 5 gallon bucket 4 gallons when mostly full Looks like you could give em a bit more.. Im sure there not as yellow in person but they still look like they could use some more N. Itll get em green and perky again...you can do this by bringing your base nutes up a bit.Thanks..I hit them with some cal/nit sprays the last few days.I bumped up to 1.6 EC today
..Are you rocking tw0 600's in that hood now?
Yes, 4 K and a HPS but I think I may switch again to 2 HPS in the hood

And I have a UC6XXL13 sitting in storage...Got on the bandwagon cause of Jackmay..UC can be a bit tricky and we live in the Hot desert so keeping Air and WATER temps in tact is a bit of a challenge compared to running coco in pots! The coco room absolutly killed the UC room.. The UC room was Double the work in maintaining nutes/temps and still barely hit the Mark of the Coco room...We are not there everyday so that could be the issue too but we have a life too...

Thanks for the UC info...I have heard a lot of the same feedback!

I am also looking at blumats for the coco....But I dunno????
shag
Thanks again:tiphat:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Hey Shaggy - query re: new lights. What kind of penetration are you getting?
I am not sure I do want to check!

Is the spectrum shifted by using 550 to power 600 watt bulbs?
I was wondering this myself, I would imagine at least a little.

I try to keep my plants w/i 4x4 footprint w 1000 watt and XXL hood? What is your footprint]I am trying to light a 5x5 I know it is a little big...the corners were a little dull but seem better there now...at a cost I am sure.[/COLOR]

The UCs are very hands on. They require constant repairs, monitoring and cleaning. I got good results on occasion. However, there were leaks, or the chiller would quit, the pipes would get clogged, or I would fail to completely clean system between runs. Drop your guard and your grow is ruined. Also, root aphids became the main pest and they are far worse than fungus gnats. My UC became salvage for other projects. It was fun at first.

[Hmm.....FUN?????[/COLOR]

RO should be a priority. Consistently pure water w/I hauling water bottles was a game changer. Turns my 580 ppm tap water to 7 ppm.I just got my new RO machine going. Put float valve on 55 gallon barrel w water lines to two gravity fed resevoirs.]Sounds good I gotta work all the lines and such out stillWaste water goes to pool.]Great Idea!![/COLOR]
:smoke out:

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
It would seem the biggest healthiest cutting is eating a lot more than her siblings!

Also I got my new Ro machine running and it produces 0 PPM water ...very happy!

I will update with more pics when I can.
Shag

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
For the record I do not recommend this!!

I tasted the gray water from the RO system, very bitter........can you do anything with this stuff.
I know it is good for washing machines, scrubbing floors ect.
Any good ideas...ElusiveQuark said he toped off his pool.
I have no pool.
It just seems such a waste, though I would imagine it might be highly concentrated?
Any thought are welcome!
Thanks
shag

Latest posts

Latest posts