What's new

SGS AF Mix #1 *You Choose* (UK outdoors)

SGS AF Mix #1 *You Choose* (UK outdoors)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good lad, it's tough thesedays for sure!

Or start your plants as normal and just do some major LST work, providing you aren't growing sativa dom strains you should be able to keep them low profile no ?

Yeh I've seen some of his strains auto flower, so maybe something semi-auto could be suitable too. And should have good mould resistance for our rainy summers!

I'd love to see an SGS project with them, who knows though!

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Hey guys!

Eggy that females has some growing to do, wait until day 65-70 for a real treat. Wish you would have had much better weather.

As for the problem with the NON AF strains you are growing from standard male/female seeds, you can simply grow them out until they are large enough to take 1-2 clones from each plant from the lowest branches, put them indoors under 12/12 while cloning, they will show sex in about 2 weeks... then you can kill the plants that are males, this can be faster then waiting for them to sex outdoors. No one needs to waste 2 months of growing a monster if it is a damn male!! Other then that ,, if you can keep a mother indoors yr round you can just use her to put out clones to do outdoors.

If not then you can do what Mitch suggested, LST the NON-AF plants, keep them short and wide.

The outdoor AF SOG is also something you should look at, building a small mini green house that is very short is very easy to conceal, a 1 m2 greenhouse can really produce some buds bro! and if you time it correctly you can get 2 harvests out of it even in the UK! per season. Just be sure to use true AF-SOG strains in it, otherwise you might run into size problems. There will be some other stuff you can try in there by next season, we will get you setup soon enough, to bad you can't do indoor.

SGS

Big Eggy

Veteran
Oh yes will be leaving her to go 70days at least.. I can tell they are gonna be some nice nugz when thier done. Thanks for the ideas SGS and mitch.. I can't afford another property to grow at but have recently been given £500 and think that I might use it to get a new fuse box put in and running a circuit to the out house. That would open up the possibility of running a small box in the coal shed. Will have some sort out cover for next summer too maybe green house or similar.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Oh yes will be leaving her to go 70days at least.. I can tell they are gonna be some nice nugz when thier done. Thanks for the ideas SGS and mitch.. I can't afford another property to grow at but have recently been given £500 and think that I might use it to get a new fuse box put in and running a circuit to the out house. That would open up the possibility of running a small box in the coal shed. Will have some sort out cover for next summer too maybe green house or similar.

Excellent! A small indoor 1 m2 can really produce for you!! Please let us know if you need some help getting it setup.

SGS

Big Eggy

Veteran
Lol will do mate! Got to get some quotes first... Would also like a drop kerb for a driveway.. The mother in law gave us the money so got to convince the powers of the house it's better to go with a fuse box 'safety reasons' of course.. Have one of then old re-wireable ones from the 60's so i'd say it should be top of the list.

highroller614

Nice show my friend and I like how informative your thread is. Great details. I'm looking into a smaller greenhouse for next season myself. I've seen some very affordable one's on the net. I had some mold issues and I'm tired of moving plants in and out of the rain. Getting started early always excites me..............

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hey Highroller614,

Thanks for taking a look.. lots of me groaning on about my struggles growing in this thread too. SGS & Mitch have been such a great help along the way.

Just for the record guys that little bit of purple wasn't a Caylax it was a male flower :eek:
I was in two minds about leaving it but i dont think i've got enough time left for anymore seeds to take, so i picked it off.

Something must have stressed her into popping it out?? seems to be after i spayed with a systemic insecticide but can be sure.. but it happened when she was young after a spray also?

Eggy

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How many applications have you used it?

I know SGS grows and breeds organically but I've never asked if he treats the plants with anything?

Could be anything small that caused it.., In the past I have sometimes found that I'd get the odd male flower - usually early than late if it makes a difference, when I was growing the breeders seeds, and when I made my own F2's and grew those out I wouldn't get any. Maybe they have to acclimatise somewhat?.

I've had very very few full blown hermies though, less than 10 out of 100's - those get destroyed :( as they are too much trouble!

highroller614

I will say this hermie's can be a problem but not the end of the world. I flipped out when i got some hermie's in my inside garden. I let them go till they were mature. A couple of beans but still had some killer smoke. I chopped one of the females in the room with them and it had no seeds. I was worried when I seen the male flowers. I'm getting ready to chop another tomorrow so I will know more. Also if your growing for self who cares about a seed or 2. Besides I live in a non medical state so there's not much competition to market if necessary.

Big Eggy

Veteran
I'm a big fan of the right sort of hermi.. My widows are from selfed stock. I'm putting this one down to the spray.. Both times it been about 2 week after a dose and kinda retarded single male flowers and not full blown nanners.. Either way she's too far gone for it to become a problem.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any updates Eggy?

We've had some very warm and sticky days recently but not much sunshine!

Hope she's doing well for you!

Big Eggy

Veteran
She's doing fine.. Was a bit worried about the weather and mold but she's ripening up nicely. Have been back home to the motherland for some serious drinking with my dad, so not had much of a chance to get any photos.. Will get a full update done tonight.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool mate i'll look forward to it!

Do you shake any drops off them?

The ones that I grew (if you do have a dwarf type) held up to 50-60% Humidity inside - Probably higher in and around the plants, with only 1 in 36 plants getting any mould.

But they obviously weren't being rained on!

Big Eggy

Veteran
Yeah I give them a good shake down after the rain.. Think it rained a lot over the weekend while I was away but must have been really windy as all my tomatoes had fallen over. Chating with my old man on saturday and he's keen on trying some dwarf autos on his alotmet and in the garden.. Funny really as he don't like weed... Said he tried some of my uncles (who's got MS) and said he couldn't feel his legs.

Big Eggy

Veteran
A very quick sneaky update as my new office desk is full view of the rest of the office behind me.

Cut yesterday @ day 71 trics milky with a few turning amber.. check a seed and it was grey but looks healthy.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

will add some more words and thoughts in a bit, also sorry for the crappy photos only had my phone to hand.

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
It's drying in my shed so will probably be well over a week before it's ready for curing.
Althoug it's not a bumper harvest due to the bad summer we'v had this little plant has out performed my expectations.. Over the last week RH has been in the 70-80's and not even the slightest bit of mold. Has been the easiest plant i've ever grown.. It will lend itself to a guerilla grow in the future. Will be back with a smoke report soon.
Eggy

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think you could get away with a nice little patch of those in your garden next year, either in individual pots or maybe throw a bunch of seeds in a large pot now you have some to play with..

Big Eggy

Veteran
or over the back feild..

Rudedog gave me a good idea.. get a bike and go for "rides" in the evening.. loads of potential sites round my way, Lots of Farmland/Quarry/Woodland/River/Cannal System etc..

can't wait till next year.. not forgeting i've still got eight beans left in the original pack from SGS to play with.

The future is bright, the future is Autos.

Mwahahahahaha.

Now lets see how long i can keep the litte one in cure before i smoke it.