What's new

SFV OGKush - fresh harvest

WESTCRAZY1

did u happen to do a grow report on this? what was your average yield per plant? any dried cured bud shot? also are u gonna do a smoke report? I'll be growing the sfv og kush soon so im just trying to soaked up as much info needed.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll answer these questions all at once...

I average 4-5 ounces per SFV in 2.5 gallons of soiless medium, grown with GH and bat and bird guano tea.

Yes, retardo, send that label right over, the box will be on it's way. :)

If you mean a grow report in High Times... no, not yet, but they are expecting an SFV OGK report from me soon. There are tons of smoke reports on this cut out there already, so I won't be repeating the effort. I have some dried bud shots somewhere in my old gallery, I think... But I'll try to remember to get some shots when this is dry.

WESTCRAZY1

post up some shots when u have time, and i meant a grow report from u on this strain from start to end? im asking because i'll be growing the sfv og kush from swerve and would make it easier for me if i have something to follow. By the way thats not bad at all 4-5oz per plant. How long did u veg them for?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
WOW!!! Lovely harvest bro! I hope my OGKxMendoPurps comes out like this... If anyone knows which OGK is in the cross please let me know.. The strain comes from the Clearlake area and is called GrandMaster Kush,NorCal Master Kush

romy

WOW NO SHIT GRATE JOB BROTHER IM GROWING THE ABUSIVE OG
ALONG WITH BUBBA -WHITE WIDOW AND GRAPE APE X HINDU KUSH
BUT I HAVE MORE OGS THAN NE THING AND HOPE MY OGS LOOK THAT GOOD
WHEN THEY ARE DONE , but here are a few pics of a few ogs at day 20( its now
now day 24 so i need to take more pics) but i love how dark the ogs and bubbas are .

NewImage14-4.jpg

NewImage11-4.jpg

NewImage8-6.jpg

NewImage9-4.jpg

NewImage10-4.jpg

NewImage-14.jpg

H

Hazeseeker

For the record, the Chem #4 clone I have, and this clone, have a similar bud structure and smell. Coincidence? You decide.

interesting, i missed this when i first read the thread, was too busy looking at the pics,
do you reckon they're the same clone CC? or a close relative?

peace

Dam Crazy those budz are crazy. So your pulling 4-5oz per in 2.5gallon i didnt think that was possible from what people say it yields like crap. How long are you veggin, any training, and what wattage lights?

reddy1

ICMag Donor
buds look amazing. great job as usual.

you had previously mentioned that you were thinking of trying to flush with water pH'd to cause nutrient lockout. did you try that this time?

i also got a hold of og kush and was wondering what your low temps in the room were to achieve that wicked color?

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Ouch CC! (rubbing nose) I wasnt expecting those huge pics!

Good job brother! I have the Chem4 in bloom right now. Even @ 60 daze, she only looks like week 6. Hope she will give me that punch I have been seeking.

I lost my OG cut, but plan to get get another soon. I just hope she is the end all, be all for my personal stash. Nothing has been worhty of hoarding except my F13.

Great job as always. (never get tired of hearing that huh?)

N

NoddaPuppet

Absolutely Stunning Crazy Composer !!

Swampdank, if this is your first go at CD4 don't sweat it she does so much packing on in the last weeks + dont go by her white hairs she keeps producing,, lol she'd have you running her forever !

Also CC, hows the highs of SFV OG & ECSD compare to you ?.. Do you find that the SFV's buzz longevitiy is shortened like the ECSD if pulled on the earlier side of the harvest window ?

Thanks

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting, i missed this when i first read the thread, was too busy looking at the pics,
do you reckon they're the same clone CC? or a close relative?

peace

No, certainly not the same, however, I couldn't ignore how similar they are in bud structure and taste/smell. I think they very well could be close relatives. The SFV and the #4 are much more similar than the Chem D and the SFV. I'd believe the Chem #4 was just as related to the SFV as to the SFV. If that makes any sense.

As for the difference between the highs of the ECSD and SFV... the SFV might be more potent, I'd have to agree with that, but more potent doesn't really mean the pot is better. Both are great pot, both bring something different to the table. I believe pulling any pot too earlier will diminish the entire experience, lock, stock and barrel.

reddy1,
you had previously mentioned that you were thinking of trying to flush with water pH'd to cause nutrient lockout. did you try that this time?

i also got a hold of og kush and was wondering what your low temps in the room were to achieve that wicked color?
Yes. My tap water comes out at a whopping 5.4 pH. Instead of adjusting upward (like I have been experimenting with for a year or so), now I'm just using the tap water at 5.4 pH (aerated for 24 hours first, of course). I flush with it at 5.4, even when I'm using only coco coir as a medium.

I'm now tooling the garden up for true, simple organic production, where using a slightly acidic water source won't matter as much. My pH level will never be an ideal situation. You paly the hand you're dealt. :)

The new medium is coco coir + worm castings + dolomite lime + a mild amount of a well-balanced organic powder containing bone and blood meal, among other things + a sprinkling of beneficial fungi and bacteria. The whole lot is allowed to sit for a week or so before suing it. The idea is to not have to feed anything for at least the first 1/2 of flower, and then only supplement with a light application of bird and bat guano tea until fluch time. Simple. I like simple. :)

As for temps and the color, yes, it got a little chilly at night a couple times, maybe 60 or so.

Twisted Metal, I vegged until they were about 16-18 inches tall. They flowered under 2 x 1000 watts, and they get plenty of space between themselves and the next plant. This is key to maximizing yield... keep them in there loosely and you'll get better yields per plant. Don't waste space by leaving gaps where the light gets wasted on the floor, but keep the plants barely touching eachother. I also think raising the lights (1000w) to at least 2 feet above the plants provides good, healthy light coverage. Too close and you get some leaves that are brightly lit, and the one directly under it is in near complete shadow. The trade off is a losing proposition.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts