What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SFV OG Kush

Miraculous Meds

This sounds fantastic thanks for sharing. I like seeing things all SFV. I love how it breeds, 1 in 20 plants and you should have something you never want to leave your garden.

The best pot I ever had was SFV OGK x Blue Satellite 2.2 I would love to have that plant back. I really wish I could at least remake it somehow as I doubt it will ever be remade or any viable seeds of it are in existence anymore. I had the craziest SFV leaner. Totally floppy everywhere with the most amazing lemon zest and dark candy grape dark purple forest fruit smell. Stunning flavor and loud smell. I got rid of the plant like a complete moron because I was tired of dealing with the flop. Horrible decision.

Yo buddy, i got a few sfv x bb f4 i havent had a chance to dig into yet. Holler if interested.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Nope. You didn't provide a damn thing. You talked down your nose at me and told me to quit trying to be like you and to find my own way.

You never said anything of worth or value in those exchanges. You belittled me because you couldn't be bothered. You spoke in empty circular irrelevant useless void of substance catch phrases.

Those very emails, are what cemented this opinion, strangely. I never felt that way before actually trying to treat you as relevant.

dank.Frank

@dank.frank... I wouldn't post your end of the conversation where you reveal your family ties- but it seems you are mis-remembering what was said... if you are going to try to mis-credit me a little honesty would go a long way... doesn't seem like looking down my nose at you at all to me... was genuinely trying to help guide you along the path, as you did come to me for advice.... I'll let the record speak for itself.

Originally Posted by Chimera

Dear Frank,

sorry for the slow reply, please excuse the delay.

There is so much to do with the future of this plant, I can only suggest you take your personal enjoyment and try to meld it with something advanced and hot canna from a new angle. Pharmacy is good, if you want to get into dispensing? Maybe there are other angles I don't see there/ How is your chemistry? What salary expectations do you have, as more positions in the new canna world are not going to pay like the old ones did... many people don't realize this- really trimmers making $25 an hour will all be replaced with low wage folks that will be happy to have jobs at all.

Something tells me you are an east-coaster.... are you there for life? Are you willing to relocate? Big companies need growers, lab techs, researchers... the gambit. Without knowing your skills, it;s tough to offer any real advice.

Also, since I have you here... I'd like to look at your Dabney blue X Blueberry line (if that is your work).... I have the space to screen a fair bit, so I would be open to a trade, or I can just purchase some from the bou... let me know what you think.

All the best,
-Chimera

I hate to clog this thread with such silly meaningless drama... not sure why you want to use this thread as a place to talk shit? At least the spectators can decide for themselves if I was looking down my nose at you or trying to be constructive.

Hope you find some solace frank.
-Chimera

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This type of disruption can potentially yeald disruption tek,, i have to say it but the more pressure in the melting pot the better the meat will taste

Yum yum guys,,, all day

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As much as I love watching you guys fireoff,,, fuk the unwinnable debate,, now we have a lil focus on a thread let's talk about something important

What the fuk is going on with plasticity and snp's,,, are most the og colonials just variation in inderviduals,,

Are we dealing with an enzymatic pathways thing,, will callus culture culture show somaclonal variation to a level we have never understood before,,,

Chim,, Frank,, you know its more fun

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Typical. Crickets. Ask him something meaningful and real, that has the ability to help the common man make a come up and challenge the take over of the industry...

Crickets.

But yeah. That would be a much more fun conversation.

dank.Frank

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chim,, you got any thoughts on a single clone eventually becoming 3 variations on the same original,,

Is it snp,, is it something else,, is it microbile,, enzymatic,, pathogens,,, can apical meristem culture reset the clock,,

Is somaclonal variation anything to think about _?

Your opinion is a big deal to me,,

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
You tell me...

Pinot Gris and Pinot Blanc arose as independent somatic mutations of Pinot Noir
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3504490/pdf/ers290.pdf

Remember, at the behest of humans, these plants have been around for hundreds of years, which was never evolutionarily intended in their life cycle.

The older the clone the more likely it is going to undergo INDELS and other mutations during mitosis. Pathogens, viruses, intercellular bacteria, DNA methylation also complicate the issue.

Yes, clones do change and diverge over time. To what degree is open to debate, but the more we learn, the more complicated the picture becomes. Just ask Frank; maybe this gets him his come up. Or maybe you have to work for it. Easier to bitch about others, I guess.

-Chimera

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been super interested in maturity of mothers, using the most advantageous rootstock and grafting,,, they do this with grapes I believe,,,

I have looked at your submission quickly,, looks like a method,,it seems so easy to induce calus culture and let the somaclonal variation happen ,,, I've heard improvements can be made this way,, improved from the original seed I mean ,, ,

I need to read the forthoughts soon and see what I like from your submission

Have you ever thought of stripping down cells with enzymes and fuzeing 2 separate cuts with PEG,, somatic fusion,, i keep thinking about simplicity in an easy protocol, easy fusion tek, that would be amazing

Love having you hear Chim, you into it?

Frank too obviously,,

Seriously Chim ,, getting the lion out of the cave takes bait,, your always going to get shouted to by the ones who know your real value,,good people need your attention,, we want directions and you to say you are down,, I'm always looking for reassurance and directions, who the fuk else do we turn to,,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Have you seen my tissue culture kit,, the bag has a uvc lamp fitted,, i like the idea of making cell culture as easy as inoculation of a mushroom spore vial

Id love to study somaclonal variation alot more,,

Phenotype Plasticity within colonials in rela relation to brix and bio synthesis is my pandoras box,, enzymatic pathways and there activations are my wet dreams atm

osage420

Legend x SFV OG seed not clone

Legend x SFV OG seed not clone

I apologize for jumping in on this thread. I'm new to this site but have been creeping for a bit trying to find some answers or help on a strain that I'm not familiar with. I acquired some Legend x SFV OG seed and am currently in my 5th week of flower. Looking for growing tips, advice, history lesson and possibly assistance in figuring out which legend and SFV genetics are coming through in the 48 that I currently growing. I'd like to strengthen and fine tune what I have going forward.
Should I start a new thread? Basically asking for help? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you!
- Tamara

nahual

I apologize for jumping in on this thread. I'm new to this site but have been creeping for a bit trying to find some answers or help on a strain that I'm not familiar with. I acquired some Legend x SFV OG seed and am currently in my 5th week of flower. Looking for growing tips, advice, history lesson and possibly assistance in figuring out which legend and SFV genetics are coming through in the 48 that I currently growing. I'd like to strengthen and fine tune what I have going forward.
Should I start a new thread? Basically asking for help? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you!
- Tamara

im still figuring out the site as well, but you can upload pics to your profile at the minimum, and starting a grow diary would be a good idea if you want to move forward.

ive never grown legend og, but i believe its the same crinkle leaf og that mosca made a seed line from. the fire og im running now is supposedly original og kush x sfv og BX, very stretchy and not a beginner strain. very delicate, viney og structure. right now im wishing i had scrogged this run, she is running out of headroom.

LostTribe

Premium user
This sounds fantastic thanks for sharing. I like seeing things all SFV. I love how it breeds, 1 in 20 plants and you should have something you never want to leave your garden.

The best pot I ever had was SFV OGK x Blue Satellite 2.2 I would love to have that plant back. I really wish I could at least remake it somehow as I doubt it will ever be remade or any viable seeds of it are in existence anymore. I had the craziest SFV leaner. Totally floppy everywhere with the most amazing lemon zest and dark candy grape dark purple forest fruit smell. Stunning flavor and loud smell. I got rid of the plant like a complete moron because I was tired of dealing with the flop. Horrible decision.

I just tried to crack some BS2.2 freebies I got way back from SOL stock. They didn't budge.

I am interested in finding out if Tissue Culture has any use in dealing with old seeds that just don't want to germinate.

I have a few SFV crosses I just started but heard a friend might be getting her back soon. For now I wait.

In the meantime heres what I selected from some Ghost s1
picture.php

Also a selection from Tahoe s1
picture.php

LT