What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sfv, larry, tahoe og kush?

I think its a good read and a great story at that. I also apreciate you sharing info with the community. Iv'e read that before along with other stories. However, the origin of OG Kush is subjective. I'm not here to argue about the origin of OG. I'm simply providing info about OG cuts that I have EXPERIENCE with. Tahoe is different than Larry. I have ran them side by side and smoke them both on a daily basis.
SCC2
Swollen... what do you have to say about this:
"OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog.
"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush.
Jerry's cubed version of Chem Dog is what I sell as White Mustang".

This is a quote from KK"

...taken from a WT thread with swerve actively posting...

Oledad420

"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush.

This is a quote from KK"

This story is nothing but a bunch of BS, it has been proven wrong in more way then one many times by many people, I'll just leave it at that.

N

NoddaPuppet

Hey SC2

Hey SC2

HA OG= Cut came from an commercial H.A room in Orange County, grown by the same crew that brought the Orange County Larry cut into the medical Disp.

So how much difference is there in the Larry & H.A. from Orange County, i hear their both super tasty + 2 of the better yielding OG's ??

Ive also heard of there being 2 Larry cuts (forgot who i saw growin the 2 larrys side-by-side) not to mention multiple SFV's, Swerves & i think the one JDog grew was a different SFV but i could be wrong. :confused:

This story is nothing but a bunch of BS, it has been proven wrong in more way then one many times by many people, I'll just leave it at that.

Thanks for your input but without a link or something I can follow and read you've essentially said nothing. Not disagreeing or anything but a little reading material never hurt anybody :joint:

i love larry og sfv is not as good imo. and im growing a tahoe og clone i won in a raffle that swerve(cali connection) gave away at a medical dispensary its in early flowering its growth is more like larry than sfv but the internodes are tighter than larry.

Brastaman

This is a quote from KK"

i've seen this before and its very difficult to believe on a few levels.....swerve himself admits this story is a crock pot.... the posts are here but your gonna have to piece together from various threads.....good luck searching cuz it will take time but there have been posts that discount this story......we can start with the chemdawg 101 thread that claims og kush to be a s1 of chemdawg 91....

Oledad420

Thanks for your input but without a link or something I can follow and read you've essentially said nothing. Not disagreeing or anything but a little reading material never hurt anybody :joint:

Like I said and other in this thread have now said, this story is a bunch of BS. I dont have the time or the want to search all the posts to link them for you to prove it, if you dont believe me just go search for yourself, some of the info can be found here and some of it was lost when CW went away.

to pull a few more quotes from Swerve:

"yeah that larry is the one sourced from my guy in the oc. extremly similar in growth to the tahoe cut... irely similar..."

"i know the origin as i coined the term tahoe . i obtained this cut from a homie in the oc he has been growing this and the pre98 bubba in which i got as well for a long time . he came from norcal before he moved to the oc. and i dont have any just yet i did but all those pics got deleted . so you all have to wait a bit for more."

I'm not really concerned with the story as much as I am the relation between Tahoe OG vs. Larry OG. If Swerve has a hard time telling the verified Tahoe from the verified Larry cut...I find it pretty hard to believe that somebody else can.

mistaman

"yeah that larry is the one sourced from my guy in the oc. extremly similar in growth to the tahoe cut... irely similar..."

"i know the origin as i coined the term tahoe . i obtained this cut from a homie in the oc he has been growing this and the pre98 bubba in which i got as well for a long time . he came from norcal before he moved to the oc. and i dont have any just yet i did but all those pics got deleted . so you all have to wait a bit for more."

I'm not really concerned with the story as much as I am the relation between Tahoe OG vs. Larry OG. If Swerve has a hard time telling the verified Tahoe from the verified Larry cut...I find it pretty hard to believe that somebody else can.

I'm not from Cali so I don't have the inside scoop but I do remember when OG Kush was just OG Kush and generally still is in my area. That means that the "legit" cuts will be similar or the same. A lot of these names don't seem to just be to market their cuts or confuse people but to communicate the source as a form of verification of some sort.

For example, I heard some dude named Larry from OC got the original OG Kush clone from Tahoe.

Tahoe and Larry are probably the same cut but you will probably see more similarities within each name as clones tend to mutate.

:)

Brastaman

ah i see where your coming from......

Have you grown or smoked any of the many OG kushes?

i ask because they ALL are very very similar in growth and smoke....only seasoned vets or peeps with keen observation will be able to discern the minute differences between them all.

FWIW- Swerve has been known to confuse his stories and exaggerate a tad bit....i.e. He has now proclaimed BS on the story you posted above. AND have you seen his grow pics....he isn't the best at what he does so there will be stress on his plants and this, we all understand, will affect the final product dramatically, especially with the OG's.

Brastaman - Yes I have grown and puffed my fair share of the OG's and I wouldn't say "very very"... maybe just one "very":joint: Anyway, just looking to clear some confusion over the Tahoe and Larry cut as i've only personally held Larry between those two. Cheers!

Last edited:

Brastaman

Brastaman - Yes I have grown and puffed my fair share of the OG's and I wouldn't say "very very"... maybe just one "very":joint: Anyway, just looking to clear some confusion over the Tahoe and Larry cut as i've only personally held Larry between those two. Cheers!

:joint: for sure only one "very".

Really? you kept a Larry over Tahoe. If you feel like it, do you care to explain your reasoning?

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Anybody grow out swerve's SFV Kush or the SFV Bx2 from the "other site" and if so, how do they stack up to the clones? Bit pricey, but their the only ones that seem to be in stock atm. Still havent tried any OG, but I do have one small OG from Ganesh's freebies that is almost done. Seeded it up w/ a male to try and preserve the genes. From what I've read/seen, this bx was crossed to a NL, most pics showed a very different structure, and much better yield than the cut. The one I have is a very small yielder and resembles many OG pics I've seen, perhaps good pheno due to the fact that they were ganesh's f2's? Would really like to sample some of these Kush's. Seems they are raved about every where. Still think its gotta be alot of hype. Guess we will see soon enough.

REZDOG

Veteran
i ask because they ALL are very very similar in growth and smoke....only seasoned vets or peeps with keen observation will be able to discern the minute differences between them all.

FWIW- Swerve has been known to confuse his stories and exaggerate a tad bit....i.e. He has now proclaimed BS on the story you posted above. AND have you seen his grow pics....
he isn't the best at what he does so there will be stress on his plants and this, we all understand, will affect the final product dramatically, especially with the OG's.

Nice post,well-said.
swerve's grow pics are Epic Amateur Cheese,that's why he went to close-ups & macros,same as raskal.
(I think they took tips from subcool,lolol!)
:laughing:

Onward:
I really,really like the "sfv" OGK cut.
Smoking sfv and breeding with it are rewarding,but growing that lanky bitch is a real headache until you get used to it....And she won't root while cloning all that quickly unless you give her enviro-specific perfection. So what? The smoke is definitely worth it.
I've smoked a good few OGKs,inc. SFV,Abusive,Tahoe and "original" OGK,as well as (if I recall correctly) what's now being called the "fire" cut,as well. "Original","tahoe","fire",and"sfv" OGKs are all a c-hair away from each other,and imo none are clearly superior-it's a matter of,I believe, preference.
There are a handful of great "OG Kush" clones out there.
No matter what the flashy labels or back-stories are,what really matters is what hits your brain when you hit the glass,and all of the above-named OG Kushes generally fit the bill.

Cheers!

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Thanks Rez...

Thanks Rez...

:yeahthats is what I was thinking. Good answer. I just cant see how all of these Kush's made w/ similar genetic stock can be so different from each other and how a "fire" or "tahoe" cut can completely blow away all the others. Guess before I splurge on any SFV beans I will 1st see what I think of this OG Kush f2 (originally from sugenite) when its finished. I kind of thought that there was way too much hype around each of these's cuts and now its starting to look like it was just a regular d*ck measuring contest. "Mines better"..."no this cut is the best"...yea ok, til next week when the "superman cut" appears and now it is the new bomb cut that everyone has to have. Hopefully someone that has some SFV, Tahoe, or Abusive, will make some f2's and send them into the bay as freebies, so others dont have to pay rediculous amounts of cash on beans just to find out "it was all a dream".
-DrPoison :laughing:

N

NOYB

I just cant see how all of these Kush's made w/ similar genetic stock can be so different from each other and how a "fire" or "tahoe" cut can completely blow away all the others.
Somatic mutation. I don't know about the 'completely blow away all the others' part though but SOME differences...sure.

Hopefully someone that has some SFV, Tahoe, or Abusive
A friend grew SFV and Abusive side-by-side outdoors and they looked like VERY different plants. After looking at them, and smoking the buds, I don't see how peeps continually include Abusive with SFV, Tahoe, etc.

mistaman

Somatic mutation. I don't know about the 'completely blow away all the others' part though but SOME differences...sure.

A friend grew SFV and Abusive side-by-side outdoors and they looked like VERY different plants. After looking at them, and smoking the buds, I don't see how peeps continually include Abusive with SFV, Tahoe, etc.

Yeah many people report Abusive as being a fake OGK or not very OGK like. Isn't that the OGK that's supposedly from Snoop Dogg?

I would like to see a Tahoe and Larry side by side

N

NOYB

Yeah many people report Abusive as being a fake OGK or not very OGK like. Isn't that the OGK that's supposedly from Snoop Dogg?
A lot of people say that's where Abusive came from but doesn't really matter what the source to me. The stuff is for sure potent. I just call it Abusive and don't include any reference to OG when talking about it.

Latest posts

Latest posts