What's new

Seriously!

supermanlives

Veteran
me i would of kicked the first guys ass. once word gets out everyone would try to rip ya. if no cash i take collateral no excuses. you really aint cut out for this game IMHO

G

Guest 88950

Its a big lesson but clearly you need to deliver your meds to the dispensary yourself from now on and fuck all these other non working losers who think its cool to just drive away with your hard earned herb.

yep, cut out the middle man and it only took a $5,000 loss to learn it.

headiez and wierd ...........solid advice.

if its not your nature to be aggressive and violent then you will more than likely end up on the loosing end of that type of confrontation.

Think Positive

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
You lost, what, five grand and in the process learned a hard lesson?

My last hard lesson cost me way more in lawyer fees alone.

If you truly learn from this, you made out like a fucking king.

Perspective.
Hi WhateverMan it's in all honesty under 1000 so when you put it that way it seems miniscule but the friendship is what means most to me. Truth is I'm working out a sale for something I own as we speak so I will be sending a small portion tomorrow. At the very least that is. I see where you are coming from though and you are absolutely right.

We'll get you though this BUDdy :comfort:
Hello HighDesertJoe :) Thank you brother :). You guys are the best..

Hate to hand you your ass, however never front on a front first rule of this bizness... and the second rule fuck me? NO fuck U! Takes years to lay it out sometimes... My longest fuck u took ten years... Time never forgets, And nether do I... Hope you find peace over the deal! :comfort:
Thank you Mule420 I can't believe I was dumb enough to do that with my own stuff but looking at it now that was really really stupid on my part..

I think he's got it. You learn by yor mistakes its all good my brother.
Thank you HammerHead and yeah man you are right.. I do get it and I'm hating myself more for it. Thank you brother.

I feel for your situation because you come across as a very genuine, nice, laid back, non violent farmer. Sadly it is people like this who often get burned.

If your courrier knows where you grow, your best bet is gonna be to just leave it be and you will never see him again. If you can afford to move your grow location then by all means go after the guy.

Its a big lesson but clearly you need to deliver your meds to the dispensary yourself from now on and fuck all these other non working losers who think its cool to just drive away with your hard earned herb.
Thank you Headiez247 I'm definitely laidback bro. Seriously don't even argue nearly ever. No one knows where I grow but I'm thinking I'm better off just growing for myself and getting full time job.

me i would of kicked the first guys ass. once word gets out everyone would try to rip ya. if no cash i take collateral no excuses. you really aint cut out for this game IMHO
Damn. That hurts but you're right. You're so fucking right. Thank you brother SupermanLives.

yep, cut out the middle man and it only took a $5,000 loss to learn it.

headiez and wierd ...........solid advice.

if its not your nature to be aggressive and violent then you will more than likely end up on the loosing end of that type of confrontation.

Think Positive
Thank you SuperSilverHaze.. I appreciate everything everyone said and this quite truthfully solidifies my next decision. Seriously, thank you all!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I heard this dood that most peeps don't ferk with say, "Sounds like a finger." Next thing I know, here's a somewhat regular with a splint. :yoinks: Made me go :chin:

sandawg

I'm a lawyer, and although what I'm about to say is the gospel fucking truth, there is no attorney-client relationship established by this post and it would be unreasonable for you to rely on any advice that follows, as a result. . . .

Cool, the disclaimer is out of the way. Your location is set as Nepal, man, but I'm assuming you could possibly be in California? I'm a California lawyer, if you are.

This is what is interesting to me as a lawyer: you could conceivably have a lawsuit against both couriers in California for breach of contract, maybe, or negligence, more facts are needed.

If you live in a jurisdiction where selling marijuana is illegal, then you could not file a lawsuit because that would be "against public policy."

Imagine a hooker walking into court because she is suing the dude who stiffed her, or her pimp for taking too big a cut. The lawsuit would be thrown out for being against public policy. You can't sue over things that are illegal, basically.

But in California, with medical marijuana laws, sales and transportation is a gray area. I'm not an expert in the area of law by any means. But it may not be against public policy to sue them.

I know being litigious isn't cool, but its better than ruining your life by playing gangsta. Anyway, if you are going to resort to gangster, then I recommend all five seasons of The Wire. If you are from the east cost, that'll show you how they handle that shit there.

What I would do is I would walk up to each dude and say, hey man, I'm going to sue you if you don't cover this. Then when he is about to respond, punch him in the fucking throat.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
I heard this dood that most peeps don't ferk with say, "Sounds like a finger." Next thing I know, here's a somewhat regular with a splint. :yoinks: Made me go :chin:
DiscoBiscuit you made me laugh when you said that bro..

I'm a lawyer, and although what I'm about to say is the gospel fucking truth, there is no attorney-client relationship established by this post and it would be unreasonable for you to rely on any advice that follows, as a result. . . .

Cool, the disclaimer is out of the way. Your location is set as Nepal, man, but I'm assuming you could possibly be in California? I'm a California lawyer, if you are.

This is what is interesting to me as a lawyer: you could conceivably have a lawsuit against both couriers in California for breach of contract, maybe, or negligence, more facts are needed.

If you live in a jurisdiction where selling marijuana is illegal, then you could not file a lawsuit because that would be "against public policy."

Imagine a hooker walking into court because she is suing the dude who stiffed her, or her pimp for taking too big a cut. The lawsuit would be thrown out for being against public policy. You can't sue over things that are illegal, basically.

But in California, with medical marijuana laws, sales and transportation is a gray area. I'm not an expert in the area of law by any means. But it may not be against public policy to sue them.

I know being litigious isn't cool, but its better than ruining your life by playing gangsta. Anyway, if you are going to resort to gangster, then I recommend all five seasons of The Wire. If you are from the east cost, that'll show you how they handle that shit there.

What I would do is I would walk up to each dude and say, hey man, I'm going to sue you if you don't cover this. Then when he is about to respond, punch him in the fucking throat.
Hi Sandawg thank you for the advice brother. I'm not gangsta at all. With all respect to gangsta. Gangsta is in a breed of it's own. I couldn't be it if I wanted to because you're either born into it or you're not. I was born into it but I was always to chicken shit to partake. Now that I'm older I realize I've never paid dues so I won't be accepted.

What I meant by decision was to either quit growing in the sense to only grow for myself and get a job. I'm the stalker type and if I get into something I tend to enact shit in my head. You guys probably see it in my typing but I'm a bit special if you know what I mean. Long story short I'll never ask for fronted work again and I'll never do fronts. Thank you brother Sandawg.

Bad couriers make good fertilizer.

M.
No more couriers for me bro :).

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Well fuck me a runnin!

I'd damn sure be passing their names and photos/ID's to all dispensaries in the area and make sure they didn't courier anymore. I hope you aren't in my area bro cause I'd be knocking heads if it happened to me.

I always do my own shit. The fewer people involved, the less risk, even being legal. But I would make sure those guys aren't ripping anybody else off.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive had to let dudes hold onto my pink slip when i didnt have the full ticket amount...
and ive never been shy about asking the same of others...

and ive known guys whove had to sign their cars over because they got robbed or busted or whatever and couldnt wheel and deal their way out of the hole fast enough. one guy had his slip yanked twice! but he was able to work it off and get his ride back both times.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
ok there was the lesson and the scolding but now time to build you back up

First, both in all facets of the business world, markets and all economies this is the common denominator to failure, this type of mistake

if you look at business statistics, the amount of businesses that fail is mind boggling, so while it was important to leave an impression so you get maximum value from this experience, don't let it weight too heavily on you, its very common

If you are going to follow your dream and passion, and become successful at it, you need to be more dynamic, dont be fooled by the notion that you can just drop off, grow pot and live nirvana

just because you have found peace and passion in weed doesn't mean the rest of the world has changed, so you cant lull yourself into a false sense of security. This is one of the traps many growers fall into when they dip out of the mainstream

While I am being purposely abstract I can offer some advice in your particular situation but all of your actions were predicated from your "im just a farmer" mindset and you will have to take more responsibility for the business end before you more forward

I will say that your demeanor and the size of your grow would probably make you a far better match for a provider patient relationship

if you gave your work to patients at a lil more than you sell to the collectives, you may find people who are far more motivated to keep you on good terms, because of the value you represent

if you are selling to more customers in smaller increments you are limiting liability in any given transaction to a small percentage of your harvest

the relative price structure should be a fair motivator for people to pay up front

its better a better price structure than one would get at the dispensaries and dispensaries dont front either plus you have the added benefit of serving people who may posses the same type of appreciation for the weed as you obviously do

above and beyond that, you can see the benefit of your work in the people you grow for

good luck

outinit

I am really bothered by your story, and very sorry you have been taken advantage of. I used to really believe that people were inherently good, but that view has changed. It is not just with marijuana, it is everything. Not all people are bad, but they are harder to find, because the good people have all been screwed over by assholes, like your couriers. Instead of looking at the risk you take(even if you are in a med state, you are breaking federal law) to just get your product to market, they see an easy mark, not the kind person that you are, risking your freedom to provide meds to patients. I applaud your efforts and determination, and your ethics. Don't lose faith in people, there are still alot of us good people, we just keep to ourselves, and hope we come across others, like us. I wish I could agree that karma would get the assholes, but unfortunately, in the world we live, they end up for the most part, just fine. Beating ass is not the option to choose, you are a good person, and would be riddled with guilt. What you need to do is keep looking and working for the future. Survive, savor life, and keep your head high. You are a moral and ethical person, and those traits will be your weapons. You will triumph in life but you are being tested.....never give in to bitterness or hatred. Those things will fester in you, and steer you off course. Best of luck.