What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seriously SILY - A Branch Blooming Diary

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words fellas!

Techattack and Mr Jay, Welcome fellas, glad you’ve enjoyed the thread.

Amazing result my friend
So, who's still worried about light leaks? ;)

I think this is a great piece of evidence that flowers will not necessarily "herm" if some part of the plant gets a little light

Good point I didn’t even think of that. All those lemon Meringue flowers I did not find one single herm on it. I wonder if other strains maybe that are less resilient would have hermed. Only time and more grow like this could tell ;) I’m not gonna lie I’m real tempted to build a separate grow box with a horizontal light barrier and have the veg on the bottom and the flower on the top with neoprene collars to pass cutting size tops through for a SOG type of grow. Might just have to.

DiverDave

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

Techattack and Mr Jay, Welcome fellas, glad you’ve enjoyed the thread.

Good point I didn’t even think of that. All those lemon Meringue flowers I did not find one single herm on it. I wonder if other strains maybe that are less resilient would have hermed. Only time and more grow like this could tell ;) I’m not gonna lie I’m real tempted to build a separate grow box with a horizontal light barrier and have the veg on the bottom and the flower on the top with neoprene collars to pass cutting size tops through for a SOG type of grow. Might just have to.

Now that one I would sit through again , I might even try it myself when I switch over to Fem only grows. just to keep a mother in veg as I flower out a few limbs.

DD

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Split the shortened 18 gallon tote down the side, look at the roots.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I broke down one of recently freed up 18gal totes and cut it into quarters and attached those quarters with bolts and nuts and some screws to extend this container. This way I didn’t have to disturb the Sub Irrigation Tray below that is completely filled with roots. It allowed me to add at least 3gal of soil, up to 5 maybe, it’s a lot bigger just look.

picture.php

picture.php

ScrogMonster

Veteran
picture.php

I trained the plain a little bit so far. I tied all the main branches to the screen but I still need to do a lot of side branch placement and a lot of thinning.

Right side
picture.php

Left side
picture.php

I need to hurry and finish training and then set the lights back, I feel like it’s more then big enough already but I like to be hyper intentional about the canopy before I flower it.

Drop That Sound

I remember back when thinking about plant counts, and vegging a plant for years into a monster. Training branches to run down hallways, and into different rooms. I was told it wouldn't work and was a silly idea. lol.

I wonder how different your outcome would be, if you were to split the outside chambers into 2 sealed off ones (they already basically were almost with the veg box in the middle), and run a flip flop with the lights? Always have one side on and one side off, then flipping them every 12 hrs.

Then the branch depped plant would be undergoing 2 completely different flowering cycles, and also vegging at the same time.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
I remember back when thinking about plant counts, and vegging a plant for years into a monster. Training branches to run down hallways, and into different rooms. I was told it wouldn't work and was a silly idea. lol.

I wonder how different your outcome would be, if you were to split the outside chambers into 2 sealed off ones (they already basically were almost with the veg box in the middle), and run a flip flop with the lights? Always have one side on and one side off, then flipping them every 12 hrs.

Then the branch depped plant would be undergoing 2 completely different flowering cycles, and also vegging at the same time.

Duuude neat idea, could really max out a circuit that way, have a circuit(s) maxed 24/7... hmmm

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Well.... its been over a month since my last post on this page. Time for an update... I wish I could say it was a good one.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ScrogMonster

Veteran
I've been having issues with both my plants in the flowering tents and they've just been getting worse. At first I thought it was just the russet mites I'm always battling as I had recently spotted more of them on the newer grafted up plant in the room that I though was clean. So I've been spraying LCPT a lot more regularly.

A hot minute ago a person or two tried to warn me that these bugs i had photographed in my soil are most likely Root Aphids and that I had better read up on them act fast cause dey nasty.

I didn't... *hangs head in shame* :shucks: in fact i did the opposite... i regressed to my early childhood discouraged behavior when I had school work I didn't want to do and I just kind of ignored it... Not sure how or why. There are different types or species of root aphids so when googled them and saw photos of bugs that looked pretty different I said... "hah, not them, thank goodness i must not have them, these are probably just friendly soil mites like I was hoping, lets hope so..." WRONG!!

Anywhoo..... I have never had to deal with these fuckers before... I thought i had seen it all when it comes to cannabis pests... thrips, fungus gnats, bud mold, spider mites, root rot, russet mights... I had heard of Aphids but never seen or dealt with either type before.

I'm currently reading up on my options and not feeling great about them. It might be best for me to finish the Lemon Meringue's 2nd cycle as it's half way through flowering and just throw out the Grafted up franken Tangelo that I'd other wise start blooming today as it has been growing slow and looking worse for a hot minute and is really starting to look like shit.

Here's a few pics of the 2nd Cycle of that experimental Lemon Meringue plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Sooooooo.....

any and all out there please feel free to share with me your experiences or even solid second had knowledge of these bastards and methods of dealing with them. I am reading the sticky "fungas gnats or root aphids" as well as other threads about them. So far I'm kind of thinking of getting some Root Cleaner and or Gnatrol to keep them at bay for this 4wk flower Lemon Meringue and possible scrapping the Franken Tangelo and my MOMF after i get cuttings to root of 4 genes she's carrying that I don't want to lose.

maybe it'll be easier to kill them off the rooting cuttings if I can get them to root hydroponically like in a bubble cloner? I'm so sick of dealing with pest problems.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
from what I understand from what I just read about Root Aphids is that they destroy roots and cause them to rot and they leave or make some sort of waxy substance on the roots. I'm pretty sure these awful transgressions can be visibly seen the pictures I posted of the terrorists that have invaded my soil, few posts back on this page.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Okay... now I’ve really seen it all... I just lifted the soil cover on this plant and there is a whole ass mushroom in there... think it’s magic?!
picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Happy to have popped in here, it's been a very interesting rabbit hole. Grafting is not something I have tried but it would be a huge benefit when trying to keep some variety as well as small numbers.

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Techattack - I do re use but I always add fresh soil and amendments. Where the mushrooms grew was above the middle portion that has been in the tent since like the start of this thread.

SuperBadGrower- I just spent $113 for that botanigard, 1-2 day shipping and some gnatrol from organicbti.com

Thanks Bmac1, glad you enjoyed it ;)

Hookahhead

I’m an organic guy and typically try to avoid nasty chems. That being said.. Imidacloprid was the only thing that got rid of my RA’s after trying a few different things. It’s systemic, so I would only use it on vegetating plants. 2 root drenches, 1 week apart stopped them in their tracks and they haven’t returned yet. No need to spray anything. It’s very toxic to aquatic life, so it’s better to put the run off into your yard rather than down the drain. It does bind to soil and degrades fairly easily under natural conditions.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Imidacloprid is an analog of nicotine so I'm not saying throw caution to the wind, but for me, that puts me at ease versus working with a mysterious substance.

techattack

The soil we buy also may bring those eggs on it i remember i got one year some crazy big ants on the garden and it were on the soil i used..

Latest posts

Latest posts