What's new

Serious White Russian

Well here we go. This is the gear I am working with right now, White Russian from Serious Seeds. I got my mom from a clone so I have only worked with this one pheno......short, very little stretch, decent yielder. Very Indica appearance yet a pretty cerebral stone.....still it hits you like a bus, and has a great skunky scent after a cure. I have found plants are ripe between 57- 65 days depending on wether its a small plantlet or a bush.
Anyway I have grown it in a micro style,plantlet style, and finally flowering out my mom as a bush in a 5 gallon bubbler. Enjoy some pics.......

micro style ........65 days

plantlets.......

day 1 flower

57 days

bushes.....

17 days flower

35 days flower

oh yeah and outdoor too but not successfully, this crop lost due to mold from a week of wet weather in the northeast. overall not a good outdoor strain around New england and I won't try it again.

Last edited:

nick11

Veteran
Look like a good yielder, big buds on a stick....nice. White Russian is a great looking strain, but I think AK and White Widow are better on their own. Not to dis your grow or anything - just my opinion. Cool pics man I like your growing style.

no offense taken....

no offense taken....

As my next order will be straight serious ak 47 and also I need a SSH source. I did sensi ssh a while ago but I see some bunk reports on them now. Which I think is wierd because I have ordered from them with great success, although quite a few years ago. Any advice you guys have on that is appreciated. I also have a line on a Jack Herer Mom that will probably be my mainstay for a while.......
the micros, I flower as soon as there is a root and they stay about 5-8 inches tall and yield an average of 10 grams each.
The plantlets get about 5 - 7 days of veg, enough so they have a 10 inch spaghetti of root hanging out then they get flowered. They give me an average of 30 grams each and are about 12-18 inches tall.

The bush, I flowered that for about 45 days, and I am using a bubbler instead of ebb & flow so I am excited to see the yield....seems to be piling it on.

I gotta scream that your cloning to flower height is just simply right on. What lights do you use and then do you flower right out of cutting the clones? Mine always get too tall once rooted which is why I congratulate you on your great grow. What is your yield from one pallette of clones from the bubbler? I can never keep temps down enough to get the hydro happening. Peace.
TheAfficianado

PleasurePoint

yes, very impressive indeed. :rasta:

what type of hydrosystem are you using? is it similar to the mega garden shown on discount hydro under hydroponic systems?

and if so, how do you like it?

-peace

hey all an update

hey all an update

Ok, first off, thanks for all compliments......

and yes that is a megagarden.....love it, had it for 4-5 years. Also I have a baby bloomer which is actually a better product but a little smaller. Both are basic ebb- flow setups, I've run rockwool for like 15 years and just started using the gro-rocks about 1 year ago.

I root my clones and veg them in a daisy cloner.....awesome product! Best 60 bucks anyone who wants fast healthy clones can spend. I no longer use gels or anything, just plain water at 5.8 ph. Roots start to appear in 7 days then you have super duper healthy spaghetti after 14 days. I veg for another 5 days but you don't have to. Actually WR stretches hardly at all so I get plants from 8 inches to 18. As long as you have alot of root, you can see from the pics that the clone can be tiny.......

I bloom under 1000 watts and a lightrail, ventilated with a 6 inch blower.

Bubbling bush, not shure what she will yield but I say probably pretty good.....

Last edited:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Great shots toke. Love those plants, all bud! Just one more strain from Serious I want to try. In fact, I'll take one of each Serious strain cause I know there all great!

You can't miss with sensi seeds or serious, or sagamartha, BOG, Th seeds, those are the only gambles I have taken that are still in business now. All those brands are top notch. I see some bashing here, and I wonder if it's because of repackaging? Like maybe the sensi and serious seeds people ordered ain't what they received. Example......I was gifted a 12 pack of flying dutchman royal orange and out of 12 seeds I got one female which delivered buds that were fat yet not good at all. I assume the seeds were not legit rather than blame the dutchman....But White russian is an underated strain and if you want something that stays super short it is for you.
50 days.....

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
could you share some more info on this grow
whaqt nutrients, how much expected yield pr plant and total, what wattage and bulb type etc?

grow looks great but more info is needed to satisfy my curiosity

Certainly sir.......
I am blooming under 1000 w hps hortilux on a light rail. All GH nutes, the three part system with addition of floralicious bloom, koolbloom liquid, koolbloom dry, and 1 drop per gallon of superthrive. I follow the General Hydroponics advanced recirculating feeding schedule to the letter and it hasn't failed me.I try to always keep my res at ph 5.8

I do my clones in a daisey cloner in plain water at ph 5.8, no gel, no nothing. This thing rocks. As soon as roots start to bulk up I use a weak vegetative mix in the cloner for 5 days and I get a plant like 2 inches tall with roots like spaghetti. I transplant them into grow rocks and under the 1000 they go.

They stay super short and average yield is probably 25- 30 g per plantlet 16 inches tall. Off the bubbler I don't know what the yield will be but I hope at least 100 g.......more the merrier!

Footnote......when I did NL x Haze, I flowered as soon as they threw a taproot and those could get up to 30 inches tall........

Last edited:

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Nice shots Toke.....I dig your setup: efficient, productive and simplistic. I've got an Emily's garden that's much like your ebb & flow...I've had it for literally 15 years (maybe more...)...I honestly lost track of the years. The rocks without the rockwool put everything on easy street and autopilot.
When I was in Amsterdam, I spent the afternoon with Mila from the Pollinator.....she told me if I wanted a dependable strain...to consider Serious Seeds...looks like she wasn't jokin.
I agree with you also about Sensi Seeds....I think they're dead on. Never had a dog from that bank. Don't have experience with Sagamartha or BOG but I do have some equivocal experience with TH Seeds: I grew out their Da Purps...I found all phenotypes to be lanky Sativas in spite of their description as posted by TH Seeds. I sent some Chocolate Chunk beans to a friend who grew them out...and his turned out phenomenally...they're certainly keepers. I think the more established TH Seeds varieties are a better bet, but I'd be hard pressed to purchase any of their 3rd generation strains without alot of people unilaterally agreeing on their stability.
In either event: K+ to ya' and I'm tuned in to your grow.

what a coincidence access I had just commented on your ersb being so impressive under a 250w....nice work.....then I come over here and see your kind words....very cool thanks much.
I also liked the description of the ersb.......do you think it would work for my style of growing? How long did you flower?
Also, I stopped taking buds with amber trichs, at least until I am not satisfied with cloudy trichs of a strain. I have found certain strains get me really freaky if let go to long, producing some anxiety & paranoia & becoming a little unpleasant. The TH seeds stuff I saw in action was Bubblegum from about 10 years ago and it was pretty nice stuff.

Keep up the good work........

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Awesome work, i have some serious white russian going as well, 10 of the 11 are sprouted i cant wait :jump:

S

SevenSeeds

yo i grew out some WR.... man ur first pheno is similiar....mine had the biggest whitehairs ... unfourtnetly I had to cut at 30 days from some problems, But I crossed my best WR male with some stuff so I'll be looking at some more seeds :)

U

ureapwhatusow

i have bubble gum white russian and kali mist going

been running an ak kush hybrid i bred 9 years ago

love the serious gear im anxious to see white russian in action

nice thread