What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Skunk (Sensi seeds)

syko2

Overall Rating: 7 *******
Potency: 7
Yield: 7
Ease: 8
Appearance: 9
Odor Level: 9
Taste Level: 6
Grower's Tilt: 6
Effect: Nicely balanced
Stature: Somewhat tall and lanky
Phenotype: Mixed, primarily Sativa
Indoor: 70 to 75 days
Outdoor: Oct 15 to Oct 31
Odor: Very skunky, offensive, spicy with over tones of sweetness.
Taste: Smooth, sweet, piny, slight hash taste.

Sexes: Standard (M/F)
SI Rating: Not Listed
Vintage: Not Listed

I started by germing 3 seeds (March 20th, 04) by soaking them in h202 and h20 with dish liquid soap (few drops to 8 oz of water). After 12 hours I added them to a moist paper towel to sit over night on top of my PC. After sitting over night I returned to find 2 out of 3 germinated. I then placed them into their own 20 oz cups filled with a 60/40 mix of pro-mix/perlite; moistened with warm water, tap root down and placed under 120 watts of CFL's.

After 12 hours 1 pushed threw the medium and a few hours later the 2nd pushed threw. I added a 10" fan to blow across them after seeing their 1st set of true leaves, After 3 day's I removed them from under the CFL's and added them to my main veg area under a 1000 watt MH at 4' away from their canopy. 16" oscillating fan and 12" oscillating fan's were used and the grow room was cooled with a AC unit.

1 was removed from the soil-less mix and added to a DWC system with grow rock's feed with BC Technaflora hydroponic nutrient's. This turned out to be male, I cloned it and used it to seed other plant's. Both were misted with Ortho's Funguside.

Pic of male:
sensimale726.

The 2nd plant after 1 ½ weeks was topped at around the 4th node then at 3 weeks old cloned as well was the male both for sexing.

Feed with MGro 4-12-4 Starter fert and Thrive Alive B-1 (red). I used the rule of 3rd's water, water, fert..pH of 6.5 I alternated mistings of Ortho's Funguside and week foliar feedings every few week's threw out veg and flower.

At 3 weeks of age I added the female to a 1 Gallon pot in a mix of .

10% potting soil
40% pro-mix
30% perlite
20% GH Coco Coir.

To 7 gallons worth of (pre mixed) medium I added Blood/bone meal about ½ cup each, 1/4 cup Epsom salt.

At 2 months old I repotted her into a 2 gallon pot with the same ratio of mediums..threw veg I feed with several types of fert's including MGro 4-12-4 transplant/seed starter, Schultz 10-15-10 veg, Hydroponic Special 5-11-26 (tomato formula), BC Technaflora Hydroponic nutrient & Thrive Alive B-1 (red)

sensifem7201.

Threw veg the plant stayed quite short but grew very quickly, I continued to train by fimming to bush it out. This plant is easy to clone and responds well training.

At the beginning of August 5 months old now I repotted into a 5 Galon bucket into a mix of..

50% Pro-mix
30% Perlite
20% GH Coco Coir

I added 1/2 cup bone meal and 1/4th cup Epsom salt as the plant was suffering from a P deff; feed with a week Schultz bloom 10-60-10 & Thrive Alive B-1 (red).

I switched the lighting back to 12/12 and once she started to flower about 10 day's or so I sent her out doors to finish. The strech finished about 2 week's into flowering and once outdoors she started flowering very hard. I placed her in a sunny spot about 6 hours of full sun a day and it received 10 hours or more of dark time.

sensiflower593.

t_sensiflower693.

t_sensiskoutdoor8272.

I feed with Schultz bloom 10-60-10, Hydroponic Speical 5-11-26, Thrive Alive B-1 (red) threw flowering. Little water was needed as it rained plenty. pH was stable threw flowering at 6.2/6.5

t_sensiflower293.

She responded well out doors, I misted often with Ortho Funguside and Ortho's Bug spray both safe for fruit's and vegies. The plant had a few wolf spiders that laid eggs in it's leaves but I did not bother them and the plant had no ill effect's.

sensifem5816.

The plant grew 3 main fat colas and even all the under growth produced 2 to 4 grams worth of bud. MEDIUM TO MEDIUM HIGH YEILDER.

I harvested a small sample to check for Trichome maturity on September, 20th to find a nice mix of 60/40 amber/clear and decided to bring her indoors and continue to feed plain water till harvest time.

Sept 26th, I harvested over 3 oz of premo bud at 108 grams and 72 hours later after hang drying in a warm closet I use for seedling's and clones I placed it into a wooden box to cure. Dry weight was 80 grams (so far)..

Sensiskunkbudshot630.JPG

The bud to leaf ratio was very nice meaning little leaf to bud and trim is being used in ISO hash. A mix of 50/50 indica/sativa as for growth, flower time and leaf structure. It could have flowered a week or so longer showing it's sativa side, indica side showing threw it's short stature.

My digi cam busted mid flower so I don't have harvest pic's but the bud's are tight nug's, extremely smelly & sticky, black and purple with some red threw it. Trichomes are eye candy for sure. They don't cover the entire leaf mass though.

Here are some flowered & seeded clones

SensinlsZin2.JPG

SensiBonsi2large.JPG

Smoke..Very nice! Pleasant both head and body. It has it's medical values. I say it's not a commercial bud at all. Taste was smooth, piney and spicy. Some hashy/peppery flavors at times.

High was clear, no couch lock, no munchies and lasted for a good amount of time. 3 hit's off a bowl lasted over an hour.

Garden Information for this report
Bloom Wattage Used: Not Listed
Average Plant Height: 260
Plants per Sq. Foot: 1.00
Average Yield per Plant: 3.00
Pruning or Plant Style: Bush
Fertilization Method: Mix of chemical and organic

I grow in a 2nd bed room 8 x 6 x 12 (or so) walk in closet. Walls are painted flat white with added mylar.

I use a 5 x 5 space to grow under a 1000 watt MH with 300 watts of CFL's and I use the walk in closet with around 120 + watts of fluoros for seedling's/clones and some veg depending on what it going on in the garden.

I grow in soil/soil-less and hydroponic dwc/swc and ebb and flow systems. Medium less, grow rock's, coco coir are used in hydroponic systems as mediums.

Pro-mix, Perlite, Coco coir, Soil and Compost is used other wise.

I use plain tap water (starting ppms 300 @ .5 ec ,pH of 7.0. I adjust pH as needed with Pro down.

I use MGro 4-12-4 transplant/seed starter, Schultz 10-15-10 veg, Hydroponic Special 5-11-26 (tomato formula), BC Technaflora Hydroponic nutrient & Thrive Alive B-1 (red) to feed with and Blood/Bone meal, Epsom salt as soil conditioners.

Latest posts

Latest posts