What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Send 1tokeoverline your blessings.

L

lloy

Prayers of good health for you and the family. May your lungs recover fast. You have a lot good friends here at ic, a lot of love. Best of luck karma and well wishes.

G

Guest 10952

:thank you:Dr.D, Maryjane, Natty, Fallen, Chimera, DarkSider, lloy and Milhouse have 1toke in their heart as do I. :tiphat:Keep your head up bro your getting better. :trampoline:Gotta get that midwest cup going again :party::smoke out::dance013:

1TokeRedeux

Thank you Jubei and all the old friends (old being the operative word). LOL

First, an update is in order, sorry I haven't been posting since that North Carolina fiasco where the local Good Old Boy Club tried to hang us out to dry. We got out of Dodge and moved back home where I could register as a patient and caregiver for one of my daughters. Life is good in Meicigama, where we are finally left alone to grow our herb in peace.

A couple years later I started having blackouts at work & the missus nagged me into a checkup at the VA, where they told me my time was limited with severe COPD (and Emphysema??!!) which was causing the blackouts. Then they gave me the good news - severe DDD (Degenerative Disc Disease, fancy name for spinal disc collapse), Osteoporosis (brittle bone density), Arthritis, and a tumor in my neck just for good measure. LOL

Bad news is no health insurance, good news is Vets are covered by the VA.

I was forced to retire early to survive, and the SSA threw me on fast track to disability, as did the VA for pension. The VA gave me the options of going on oxygen until my lungs gave out, or surgery to repair the Emphysema damage by removing the "sacs" blocking the left lung. 50/50 chance of living longer than 4 years with the lung surgery.

Long story shorter, got the bullous membranes removed and was sent home to heal. Then infection set in the left lung surgery site. Got that under control, then Pneumonia set in the right lung. Won both battles, now on the road to healing, albeit with minimum outside world contact in fear of infections and pollen, etc.

So, breathing should get better, VA gave me a traction machine for the disc disease, and life is continuing with 9 pain meds, steroids & inhalers.

Sorry to get into rambling, but old friends deserve the explanation. Being housebound for a while I will try to get back into the old chat hangouts more.

I'll hide the furry handcuffs Natty!!!

Will get together soon again, DeviLock - still using the Peavy amp with the 12 string (installed a new bridge and pickups) - miss our spring Mini-Cups! ShopVac told me to give ya a shout the next time we spoke!

Thanks as always Fallen, our friendship will always be treasured. Heartfelt thanks to everyone else, Resin, Steel, Stoner, chuck, GMT your kind comments and well sishes have brightened my day and I look forward to chatting with you all again. Great to hear from all.

1T

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Wow, good to hear you're in a med state, hope the healing goes by smoothly. Take care! :wave:

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
1Toke: "I'll hide the furry handcuffs Natty!!!"
You better, b/c if I find 'em first, you'll never be able to leave us in chat again!! :D

Aw, 1Toke, I hate the thought of you having to go through all of this.
Good thing you are tough as nails and have a loving family!!
Know we're keeping you in our thoughts and are sending healing energy your way!

I trust you've heard about Rick Simpson's Phoenix Tears; but just in case you haven't, here's a link: http://phoenixtears.ca/
It can't hurt.

Please let us know if you need anything, 1Toke!
We would feel so honored to help, if there's anyway we could be useful! :eek::

Love and comfort, coming from all corners, for our beloved 1Toke! :grouphug:
Hope to see you around in chat!!
Ill keep my eyes peeled for you. :)

keep strong and keep fighting 1toke........I love the 12 string brother Im using a seagull lately.....such rich tones..........my prayers for a fast and full recovery

G

Guest 10952

Glad to hear your doing better. Let me know when the mini-cup is on as I'll be there. I asked Baccus about it, but he's busy. Keep your head up bro!

rogerw

Wow I wish you the best. I can not have any idea what you have and are going through. Makes me feel like a pussy when I feel sorry for myself and 3 back surgeries . I hope you have turned the road and will heal up and have a good life.

G

Guest 10952

Maybe this will help you a little bit 1tokeoverline. I sure hope so. Its from Monkey5 @ cabana.

Wow! You have that right..lung operation would scare me sideways! Jubie have you told 1 tokeoverline about Rick Simpson oil? Maybe you might want to share these links with him? Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI ..And: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PwMm...=1&playnext=22 ..This one from Colorado: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr1Bu...E9767BA56F5A15 .. I trully hope the Rick Simpson Oil will help! Blessings to you 1 tokeoverline..Be well brother! Monkey5

It seems they are having very good results in Colorado with this oil! I hope the best for all of us humans! People in charge..not so friendly or wise. Glad i did not go live in Colorado myself! That last link I gave is part 1-6 .. Not what I expected from Colorado at all! If, I can help ..let me know. Thank you! Monkey5

I hope this will help. Please let me know if you need anything! Miss you 1toker!

Latest posts

Latest posts