What's new

Senators introduce bill to federally legalise cannabis.

Redrum92

And I'll say the same thing when I read something like you posted - government stealing our time, energy and money regulating something they never had legitimate power to regulate is stealing.

Government theft is not progress - except for the dummies it will provide a job to.

A few people getting jobs that require them to steal from the great majority of us has never been progress and it never will be.
This is worse than schedule 1? How is this worse?

When was the last time the federal govt addressed this? 100 years ago? You'd rather they just never revisit it?

You guys seem to be missing my point completely and complaining that it's not perfect. No one is saying it is, definitely not me. No one is saying its fair. I'm saying it's better than it was yesterday, and if you disagree with that, you aren't paying attention to the massive strides that have been made.

Last edited:

Redrum92

The progressive era began in 1920 with 13 years of alcohol prohibition that established organized crime and black markets in this country. Bad idea? This lawfare at that time was enacted with the 18th Amendment and repealed with the 21st Amendment to our Constitution by We the People. The good old days of the rule of law ...

50 years later we faced this drug war via the Controlled Substance Act leading to historic rates of imprisonment in this country among many other harms. I fail to see any progress in this progressive lawfare personally and especially as we still face/fight it today nearly 75 years later and clearly without the will of We the People. Something really went wrong long ago IMHO

Just because it's a long lasting issue with lots of repetition, you see no progress, really? With all of the acceptance of it medically, or as not being the devils drug? You think we are worse off than the past, really? How many states could you home grow in safely 40, 50, 60 years ago? How many doctors could you admit to using cannabis as a cancer patient and not immediately be dropped? How many national level politicians were actually giving this any attention even 20 years ago?

Tell the tens of thousands of cancer patients that are able to partake that their progress doesn't matter to you, because I bet it matters to them

Last edited:

TheMan13

Veteran
Just because it's a long lasting issue with lots of repetition, you see no progress, really? With all of the acceptance of it medically, or as not being the devils drug? You think we are worse off than the past, really? How many states could you home grow in safely 40, 50, 60 years ago? How many doctors could you admit to using cannabis as a cancer patient and not immediately be dropped? How many national level politicians were actually giving this any attention even 20 years ago?

Tell the tens of thousands of cancer patients that are able to partake that their progress doesn't matter to you, because I bet it matters to them

As a medicinal activist for many a decade I fought my state (MI) in my state and won becoming one of our first patients and caregivers 15 years ago. Sadly far too much (lawfare/regulatory capture in Lansing) has changed things over the years doing not much good, if not harm/injury for the patients of our original law (MMMA).

We are talking about federalism here though and I thank God for that in our rule of law. What we are not talking about are the federal politicians, bureaucrats, lobbyists and donors will and want to essentially dictate law upon us from DC for their benefit. Follow the $$$ and transfer of our nation's wealth there over the drug war and other unorthodox federal regulations created. That is simply not the design of such law under our Constitution, nor is it the role of our Federal government under such. They have drug us this far under on a federal level exploiting the exact fallacy of your argument ('progress") done incrementally and repeatedly over decades while never addressing or being held accountable for the many messes they left behind. That is a form of progress, just not one in our best interest. Rather it is the definition of corruption. Maybe we just stop playing the game?

Jefferson.png

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

This is worse than schedule 1? How is this worse?

When was the last time the federal govt addressed this? 100 years ago? You'd rather they just never revisit it?

You guys seem to be missing my point completely and complaining that it's not perfect. No one is saying it is, definitely not me. No one is saying its fair. I'm saying it's better than it was yesterday, and if you disagree with that, you aren't paying attention to the massive strides that have been made.
No, I get you. I'm just venting my disappointment, because, while it's nice to see people not going to prison for cannabis - the legislation we are seeing is clearly laying the groundwork to do just that - yet again - in the future.

First, it will be economic, time and energy theft for permits, pay-offs to bureaucrats and politicians, fines, fees, etc. So - mere economic slavery - which we have now, just more of the same.

Then, they'll criminalize not complying with the "civil" regulatory scheme - and, presto-chango, after being caught flat-footed on the popular wave of cannabis legitimacy - they can't just go back to justifying jailing people for cannabis by demonizing it like they used to do, so they'll just make pretend they're protecting all of us by ensuring we get good clean cannabis as a justification for jailing those who can't afford their regulatory energy and money sucking scheme.

Finally, in the name of those who supposedly "play by the rules" (the commercial cannabis conglomerate cronies who pay off the right people) - they'll aim to lay the prison industrial complex on our necks.

Rather than applauding the politicians on their latest attempted theft, which would most definitely be evidence of my implied consent to their scheme to bring cannabis back to the bad old days of prohibition and prison, I believe it is more constructive for me to unequivocally call out each and every move they make to regulate cannabis AT ALL - I welcome others to do so as well.

It's not about "perfection" - it's about making clear to government what is acceptable and what is not.

Anything less is one's implied consent to them making their silly legislative moves which are clearly designed to re-criminalize cannabis.

Last edited:

Nannymouse

My question is: Why can't we just let the people VOTE on whether to schedule3 or let it go the way of tomatoes? We already can grow poppies and tobacco at home, brew beer and make wine(not to mention SUGAR or coffee beans) and any number of odd 'altering' flowers/plants...so what's all the damn fuss?

TheMan13

Veteran
My question is: Why can't we just let the people VOTE on whether to schedule3 or let it go the way of tomatoes? We already can grow poppies and tobacco at home, brew beer and make wine(not to mention SUGAR or coffee beans) and any number of odd 'altering' flowers/plants...so what's all the damn fuss?

I assume you are making a parallel to how all of the state laws have passed in recent decades around the country. That is federalism or the states right and responsibility per our democracy (citizen vote).

On a federal level (our republic's relation to our states) we historically had to amend our constitution under the "rule of law" we found acceptable then. For instance in 1920 alcohol prohibition was enacted with the 18th Amendment and repealed in 1933 with the 21st Amendment to our Constitution. But that has become a thing of the past under our contemporary and progressive "rule of law".

Drug prohibition (the Drug War) on the other hand was created 50 years later into our history and under the fog of special interest activism and political corruption we built in DC and they just simply passed an incredibly complex and confused act all by themselves. Somehow Constitutional Amendments were no longer necessary or "constitutional" means to an end for the thoroughly corrupt federal politicians, bureaucrats, lobbyists and donors that passed the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) in 1970. At this point to fix the Drug War you'll have to unwind the decades of lawfare/regulatory capture that this has spawned over the past 75 years they have spent corrupting our "rule of law" and criminal justice system. Today politically appointed bureaucrats can simply change federal law at will, as we are talking about the AG doing here with a schedule change of cannabis from I to III. I'd suggest it is a good time to consider Joe Biden's own asset forfeiture and crime bill work/aspect of this engineered mess. Maybe he can better explain it ;-)~

Last edited: