What's new

Senators introduce bill to federally legalise cannabis.

xtsho

This is old news. It's been sitting in Committee for almost 2 years.

1716139359538.png

xtsho

And if you bothered to read it, you'd have seen in the 1st sentence that it said, the bill has been reintroduced.

It was only reintroduced to keep it active. I've read the bill. I know the contents of the text. I'm in Oregon a state with a Co-Sponsor Ron Wyden who I have voted for several times.

I don't understand why you would respond to my post the way you did. I'm not ignorant and am probably more aware of any legislation regarding cannabis legalization in the United States than most people that post on this forum.

So what is the point your trying to make? I don't understand your response. I stated facts.

TheMan13

Veteran
Likely going nowhere, just more political bullshit by the political bullshiters IMHO.

seehearspeakno.jpg

It is sad that in 2024 a straightforward bipartisan bill without all the political special interest regulatory capture/lawfare being sold on K Street (aka The Swamp). They/we know it would pass, but these politicians, bureaucrats, lobbyists and donors expect a perpetual return on their "investment". We the People and our "rule of law" are being held hostage by these elitist clowns because we accept and support their ever changing gaslighting. We just need some integrity and accountability on all sides of this issue ...

They say ignorance of the law is no defence for you, as you will be held accountable. Why is no one (politicians, bureaucrats, lobbyists and donors) ever held accountable for the ignorance of the law they create?
Ignorance_and_stupidity.jpg

Last edited:

Sweatloaf

Likely going nowhere, just more political bullshit by the political bullshiters IMHO.

View attachment 19007362

It is sad that in 2024 a straightforward bipartisan bill without all the political special interest regulatory capture/lawfare being sold on K Street (aka The Swamp). They/we know it would pass, but these politicians, lobbyists and donors expect a perpetual return on their "investment". We the People and our "rule of law" are being held hostage by these elitist clowns because we accept and support their ever changing gaslighting. We just need some integrity and accountability on all sides of this issue ...

They say ignorance of the law is no defence for you, as you will be held accountable. Why is no one (politicians, lobbyists and donors) ever held accountable for the ignorance of the law?
View attachment 19007382

Oh, I don't think it's ignorance.

What does it say about a government when the majority of a country's citizens have consistently favored federal legalization for years now? Is that a government that's "of the people, by the people and for the people"? If not, then might such a government be the opposite of that?

The govt has been able to give the appearance of having a genuine interest in governing the people in a manner that reflects what the majority of the people want. This issue with cannabis is very interesting because if the govt continues to hold the line that it's going to remain federally illegal for potentially years and years to come when even more people will be in favor of descheduling, the govt will no longer be able to maintain the appearance that it's governing thoughtfully and in a manner of serving the will of the people. The "mask" will come off and the previous appearance of being "for us" would then show a face of being "against us" on a grand scale. What would happen then?

Last edited:

TheMan13

Veteran
Oh, I don't think it's ignorance.

What does it say about a government when the majority of a country's citizens have consistently favored federal legalization for years now? Is that a government that's "of the people, by the people and for the people"? If not, then what's another reason?

I believe the politicians, bureaucrats, lobbyists and donors exploit our citizens sincere ignorance as they are busy holding real/productive jobs and raising families without a staff. This distraction/lack of time is what makes the gaslighting and exploitation so effortless today. The geist of lawfare is that we trust they are acting in We the People's best interest, while in reality ALWAYS ensuring their special interests best interests within the endless pages of legalese (reality) no one does and few could honestly read and understand.

Their crime is conscientious stupidity, as they are in on the con (confidence game).

Crazy Chester

"Legalize" my ass!

More like - create a bunch of burdensome and useless arbitrary regulations so some dummies can have a job that requires them to harass cannabis enthusiasts, take money from their pockets in the various fines and fees they will impose and steal their time and energy navigating the BS regulatory framework they will create to collect the aforesaid fines and fees.

Federal government - I've told you before and I'll tell you again - you are fired! Now - just go the fuck away!

Crazy Chester

I'll say the same thing I say every time something like this comes:

Progress over perfection
And I'll say the same thing when I read something like you posted - government stealing our time, energy and money regulating something they never had legitimate power to regulate is stealing.

Government theft is not progress - except for the dummies it will provide a job to.

A few people getting jobs that require them to steal from the great majority of us has never been progress and it never will be.

Crazy Chester

Come on America, lead the way.
Too much bad shit in the world to waste time on enforcing out of date laws
Instead of continuing nearly a hundred years of wasting time enforcing their old out of date laws - the US government will now waste everyone's time, money and energy enforcing their new out of date laws.

Nothing new here, believe me mr.brunch - the only leadership you will see out of the US government is them continuing what they've done since the beginning: leading everyone to destruction and oblivion.

But - I hope it works out well for you, the politicians and their cronies.

Crazy Chester

To those who have posted hopeful messages about this - I don't have any personal grudge towards you - I'm just tired of seeing people being duped by government.

So, I scream in vain: the government doesn't care about you - at all - AT ALL!

mr.brunch

Veteran
Instead of continuing nearly a hundred years of wasting time enforcing their old out of date laws - the US government will now waste everyone's time, money and energy enforcing their new out of date laws.

Nothing new here, believe me mr.brunch - the only leadership you will see out of the US government is them continuing what they've done since the beginning: leading everyone to destruction and oblivion.

But - I hope it works out well for you, the politicians and their cronies.
I am in the uk 🇬🇧 by the way, so my interest is mainly hoping our government get a “contact high” and follow suit.
Then maybe I can grow my plants without the worry in the back of my mind and get left the f*ck alone.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
My first "Freedom Rally" on the Boston Common was about 1995. A group called Tree was all the rave.

Crazy Chester

I am in the uk 🇬🇧 by the way, so my interest is mainly hoping our government get a “contact high” and follow suit.
Then maybe I can grow my plants without the worry in the back of my mind and get left the f*ck alone.
I understand. That would be nice - but, I think the only countries who have treated cannabis the way it ought to be treated is Uruguay (actually really did legalize it a couple years ago) and North Korea (the only country in the world that never criminalized cannabis).

TheMan13

Veteran
I'll say the same thing I say every time something like this comes:

Progress over perfection

The progressive era began in 1920 with 13 years of alcohol prohibition that established organized crime and black markets in this country. Bad idea? This lawfare at that time was enacted with the 18th Amendment and repealed with the 21st Amendment to our Constitution by We the People. The good old days of the rule of law ...

50 years later we faced this drug war via the Controlled Substance Act leading to historic rates of imprisonment in this country among many other harms. I fail to see any progress in this progressive lawfare personally and especially as we still face/fight it today nearly 75 years later and clearly without the will of We the People. Something really went wrong long ago IMHO

Crazy Chester

Obviously I discern no benefit for people like us coming from government - but, I can say this: as an individual, I will leave you alone to do whatever you want with cannabis. I think you would do the same for me.