What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Senator Elizabeth Warren endorses Legalization and Question 4 in MA

Blaze_420

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=97&v=-oS_bEfMgcI

I personally am glad she said what she did and spoke the truth. I am glad to see a senator finally admit the cold hard truth and support question 4. In the clip she's asked just that and you can tell she almost was going to say yes but instead did the usual political walk around on the subject. She states the truth how it's everywhere and it only makes sense to regulate something that's literally everywhere.

PipeDreamSeeds

But they need to rewrite the law.. They ways they want to regulate it will still be bullshit and it is harder to change a law then reject and re write then re vote on it. Personally i have my med card and I will say that dispensaries are a mess and the whole mass medical system isnt even fully operational.. We are not ready for legal yet. They will over tax and red tape it as much as they can. Dispensaries are already too expensive and fall behind on demand regularly because the law was written shotty.. Seed to sale was supposed to make everyone feel safe that their weed was un tainted and tracked perfectly.. Instead it limited production and therefore available product. Im just saying, I never thought I would say it before but Im no on 4... Question 4 is not for the advancement the title leads you to assume.. Read the law closely..

Muleskinner

Veteran
But they need to rewrite the law.. They ways they want to regulate it will still be bullshit and it is harder to change a law then reject and re write then re vote on it. Personally i have my med card and I will say that dispensaries are a mess and the whole mass medical system isnt even fully operational.. We are not ready for legal yet. They will over tax and red tape it as much as they can. Dispensaries are already too expensive and fall behind on demand regularly because the law was written shotty.. Seed to sale was supposed to make everyone feel safe that their weed was un tainted and tracked perfectly.. Instead it limited production and therefore available product. Im just saying, I never thought I would say it before but Im no on 4... Question 4 is not for the advancement the title leads you to assume.. Read the law closely..

Are you a cop? Sure looks like it. You'll have to find something better to do after Question 4 passes on Tuesday.

Green Squall

It looks like we are slowly gaining ground as more precincts report in. I'm refreshing the page every 10 minutes lol. My heart is palpitating.

Muleskinner

Veteran
53 works for me! Maybe we'll get back to 54% when Cambridge finally reports in.

Congrats to all! Thank you to all the Mass. residents who didn't listen to the stupid politicians and media.

Muleskinner

Veteran
Looks like 53.6% is our final number. Rounds to 54%. We won 54 to 46%.

Maine is hanging onto a slim lead, it looks like they will join us sometime this afternoon or tonight.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
All the anti pot money came from booze companies, pharma and a Vegas conservative billionaire - Sheldon Adelson, who lost his son in a drug related death. Adelson put $1,000,000 into Massachusetts No on 4.

Muleskinner

Veteran
You mean Adelson WASTED a million dollars on question 4?? What a dick. That should teach him to meddle in our affairs.

My victory garden is well underway! Time to overgrow Adelson, Partners Health Care (pharma whores), the alcohol industry, the crooked politicians, and everyone else! I just talked to a guy who is doing consulting work helping never-evers set up home gardens. He said every single client so far is someone he never expected to grow - bank presidents, business executives, etc. Lots of wealthy people in this state love gardening and are eager to explore this plant.

Remember, there is NO LIMIT to the amount of cannabis you can harvest and possess at your home in Massachusetts! Congratulations everyone and good gardening to you all - may Jah bless and protect your plants.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Adelson is a 24 Billionaire big republican from Vegas. I think his kid ODd. Maybe he feels guilty about putting his greedy pursuits ahead of his kid. A million is nothing to him. This guy is like the Koch brothers when it comes to giving big cash to forward the conservative agenda that has anti pot high on the list.

My understanding is that there is a twelve plant limit per household (indoors only) and a ten oz hold limit. I have my card too. Never been to a dispensary, But I called Brockton. They had one variety only and it was $380. Crazy shit.

Too bad she's a humongous piece of shit.

Well then,,,, REALLY....It's your buddies Marty Walsh and Charly Baker who have been and still are trying to put the big kibosh on pot. Do you think they are against pot because of their ethics OR, is it because they are stuffing their pockets with big cash from Adelson, Pharma and Booze? If you look at the demographics of the 4 vote, It was the big republican districts that voted against it. All the areas along the coast voted no. Elizabeth Warren is a hero for having the balls to stand up and say YES ON 4.

Last edited:

Green Squall

ZEEZ- Don't forget the archdiocese of Boston. They gave $850,000. What a waste.
Your right about the booze companies. The Boston Beer Company donated a lot. No more Sam Adams or Harpoon for me.
Where did you hear it was indoor only? I thought we could grow outdoors too if it's "out of sight".

Muleskinner- There is a limit. We can grow 6 plants or 12 per household and only have 10oz or product.
-------------

Right now the obstructionists are trying the delay the Dec. 15th legalization date but I don't think they will be successful. If some some reason they are I think it will only be a few weeks to a couple months max.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
That sucks. That kind of money would go a long way in an orphanage or helping inner city kids with daycare. I can see why pharma wants to sell more percocet and breweries don't want to loose any beer sales, but what's up with the church?

It's indoor and locked for Mass medical cards. I read it somewhere, can't remember where, that this would carry over. I'm still going to grow outdoors - Even thinking about a greenhouse.

The people have spoken. It's time for them to do their jobs.

Green Squall

That sucks. That kind of money would go a long way in an orphanage or helping inner city kids with daycare. I can see why pharma wants to sell more percocet and breweries don't want to loose any beer sales, but what's up with the church?

It's indoor and locked for Mass medical cards. I read it somewhere, can't remember where, that this would carry over. I'm still going to grow outdoors - Even thinking about a greenhouse.

The people have spoken. It's time for them to do their jobs.

I was thinking the same thing. Think of all the needy families $850,000 could have helped. They're reasoning sounds like BS.....
"The Boston Archdiocese is pouring $850,000 into a last-minute effort to defeat a state ballot measure to legalize marijuana, calling increased drug use a threat to the Catholic Church’s health and social-service programs."

About growing outside, I just did some quick searches on the law and found this.

"Marijuana could be grown outside for personal or commercial use, but it must not be visible to the public without the use of "binoculars, aircraft or other optical aids." No word on a required fence height.

I'm look forward to spring. I've been researching strains appropriate for this area since the law passed lol. As you know the weather here can be unpredictable.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
That's good news. If they start early indoors, Maybe I can grow some trees.

I guess they are dragging their heels on the rule making, saying that they don't have the funds necessary for research, legal, etc. There is some quibbling about taking the money from the "emergency fund".

If they were smart, they would have had a fast roll out plan all set. An easy cut and paste form the states that have already done the work. The tax revenue that they are loosing on a daily basis is unbelievable. I wonder if there are any ghosts from 1773, Boston Tea Party, walking around the state house saying What The Fuck.

Last edited:

Muleskinner

Veteran
no limit on home possession of harvest...key words: "and any", section 7:

>>>(2) within the person’s primary residence, possessing up to 10 ounces of marijuana and any marijuana produced by marijuana plants cultivated on the premises and possessing, cultivating or processing not more than 6 marijuana plants for personal use so long as not more than 12 plants are cultivated on the premises at once;

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
no limit on home possession of harvest...key words: "and any", section 7:

>>>(2) within the person’s primary residence, possessing up to 10 ounces of marijuana and any marijuana produced by marijuana plants cultivated on the premises and possessing, cultivating or processing not more than 6 marijuana plants for personal use so long as not more than 12 plants are cultivated on the premises at once;

Awesome. Great catch!