What's new

semi-stealth rubbermaid micro cfl grow with pictures

puffinchron

no smell issues?
Nah not at all, the only time I smell anything is if I rub it or move it around. Hopefully next time around I'll have some dank ass seeds ordered and have my stealth dresser ready to go, this rubbermaid is too much work to get the plant in and out.

Derka

re

re

Hiya mate!

I love your approach, and the design implementation. I recently finished a similar rubbermaid box for a friend using 2x55 pl.

The reason for my post is a simple suggestion, and one that in my experience yielded rewarding results. Go buy a cheap jar of grape jelly, and substitute that for the sugar the yeast consumes. It will last longer, and yield a greater concentration of co2.

Many years ago I picked this trick up off a set of planted tank forums for diy co2 generation. At the time to maintain sufficient co2 levels I was swapping a 2 liter bottle every two weeks. Once I switched to using grape jelly I found I was only having to replace every 3-4 weeks before the co2 generation tapered off.

If you are a brave soul, the end result is borderline safe to drink (think toilet bowl wine)

Another quick suggestion to monitor your co2 generation is to run a small bubble counter. This allows you to monitor the amount of co2 being generated.

I wish you all the best in your endeavor! I am eager to see your results!

puffinchron

Thanks for that advice Derka, i'll try that next time. I figured since im leaving the top off all day Its not really worth it to mess with now.
koLKL.jpg
RXEcn.jpg
N4kSj.jpg
xfDxq.jpg

puffinchron

ordered some Nirvana Swiss Cheese and Bubblicious. I'm workin on a new mother/ clone box now. I still need some velcro for the panda film light flap thing,a 12v adapter and a couple small pc fans.
H4u2H.jpg
uXxeI.jpg
R1OwQ.jpg
04fn0.jpg
4k5Jy.jpg
oUKB5.jpg
dGdHx.jpg
jDbLy.jpg
BhagK.jpg
sYpE6.jpg
zRJDl.jpg
TsLJQ.jpg
iRGgU.jpg

adam59600

Hey Puff, nice grow you got going there...looks like you're doing everything right and making her happy.... That's a pretty sick suitcase box..great idea for a mom/clones... i have a similar one laying around i might steal your idea . :)

puffinchron

Thanks Adam. I'm starting to smell it a little bit now without having to rub it, I still need to be real close though. The buds are packin on trichomes now but i'm noticing small amounts of dust from the room on the plants, I dust it off sometimes but i hope that won't mess up anything. Should I give it a good rinse sometime before harvest?
P8LH4.jpg
TYn84.jpg
zXjJp.jpg

puffinchron

Anybody see me yielding 28 grams from this one plant?
I'm on week 6 today and by the looks of these tiny buds, I'm not lookin foward to that.^^ Im not sure since i never harvested anything before
confused.gif
, but it doesnt matter to me really this was a test run. Now I know to use hps next time, not sayin u can't yield good with cfl but....

P

Purple Monster

I would highly recommend you lay off of the nutrients your plants are so burnt up, look at them, they are not happy. Even the male you pulled was probably relieved to have been killed. Lordy lordy, what is your feeding schedule? Back off on the nutrients. Do you check your pH regularly? Do you check PPM/EC?

You see how your leaves are gnarled and curling and very dark? The gnarled leaves also appear crispy to the touch, no? You cannot feed a small plant like this full strength nutrients.

Back off the nutes, your plants are very unhappy and stressed.

puffinchron

I would highly recommend you lay off of the nutrients your plants are so burnt up, look at them, they are not happy. Even the male you pulled was probably relieved to have been killed. Lordy lordy, what is your feeding schedule? Back off on the nutrients. Do you check your pH regularly? Do you check PPM/EC?

You see how your leaves are gnarled and curling and very dark? The gnarled leaves also appear crispy to the touch, no? You cannot feed a small plant like this full strength nutrients.

Back off the nutes, your plants are very unhappy and stressed.
thank%20you.gif
Thank you i've been waiting on some info like that I was thinking it was heat stress I learn something new everyday. Yeah i bumped it up to full strength a couple weeks ago and I check my water ph with the little cheap test strips, its somewhere between 6-7. I need a real ph kit soon and no I don't really monitor my ppm/ec but only because I honestly have no idea what those are for yet i'm still learning. I water like every 3-4 days, and I been feeding full strength everytime. Ooops
bigeye.gif

P

Purple Monster

thank%20you.gif
Thank you i've been waiting on some info like that I was thinking it was heat stress I learn something new everyday. Yeah i bumped it up to full strength a couple weeks ago and I check my water ph with the little cheap test strips, its somewhere between 6-7. I need a real ph kit soon and no I don't really monitor my ppm/ec but only because I honestly have no idea what those are for yet i'm still learning. I water like every 3-4 days, and I been feeding full strength everytime. Ooops
bigeye.gif

No problem, and I hope I didnt come off rude. Just trying to be straight forward. They certainly are stressed. Do you mind explaining what your medium/feeding schedule is? I would be glad to help you get it sorted out! My 1st grow was not much better, so do not be concerned :)

I would also look into a ec/ppm and pH meter, it really helps alot. I would go with straight pH'd water for your next watering, and if you can get a ec/ppm meter, measure the run off and see where you're out. What is your medium? What is your normal/current nutrient schedule? I will do my best to help you out.

puffinchron

No problem, and I hope I didnt come off rude. Just trying to be straight forward. They certainly are stressed. Do you mind explaining what your medium/feeding schedule is? I would be glad to help you get it sorted out! My 1st grow was not much better, so do not be concerned :)

I would also look into a ec/ppm and pH meter, it really helps alot. I would go with straight pH'd water for your next watering, and if you can get a ec/ppm meter, measure the run off and see where you're out. What is your medium? What is your normal/current nutrient schedule? I will do my best to help you out.
Its growing in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and perlite 50/50 and I don't have much of a schedule I just been feeding with every water. Next time I water it ill use straight water and I'll go get my meters sometime next week.Thanks for the help:tiphat:

P

Purple Monster

Yeah back off to feeding every 3rd watering or so and see if that helps. Your soil has plenty of nutrients so you shouldn't need to feed every watering, it will save you on nutes too. You also want to be careful with smaller plants or plants in smaller containers, start at 1/2 strength and work your way up. Never use full strength on a plant unless its large, well established, and has a large healthy root system. Less is more!

Merry Christmas

puffinchron

Yeah back off to feeding every 3rd watering or so and see if that helps. Your soil has plenty of nutrients so you shouldn't need to feed every watering, it will save you on nutes too. You also want to be careful with smaller plants or plants in smaller containers, start at 1/2 strength and work your way up. Never use full strength on a plant unless its large, well established, and has a large healthy root system. Less is more!

Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas. Ok every 3rd water it is, Don't I need around 2 weeks for flush? If so I wanna start that at week 7 because Im pretty sure Im going at least to 9 weeks. Maybe one more feeding.

P

Purple Monster

Merry Christmas. Ok every 3rd water it is, Don't I need around 2 weeks for flush? If so I wanna start that at week 7 because Im pretty sure Im going at least to 9 weeks. Maybe one more feeding.

Flushing is a whole other topic, i'd do some searching and reading on flushing, personally I never flushed any plants and they all tasted amazing. I am just now trying to flush a plant to see if I can notice a difference in taste. You'll find some people say to flush and some say it doesn't matter. It's all personal choice.