What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Semi-serious situation, maybe overreacting

Molson

Last two post sum up what I was going to say...

If she is facing serouis time and she trys to say that her brother smokes a little bit of pot, they will look at her like she is stupid.

You have nothing to worry about. Why would anyone care what you do? Much less screaming babel from a sister who will do anything to get out of the place she's in?

You're not a priority man...

cannabi

Thanks for the responses guys, I have come to realize that I was just way overreacting.

I have another question. Let's say that a secure location is available, and someone started a grow of about 3-5 flowering plants. (A mother, flowers, and clones to replace the completed flowering plants---something within the first "penalty level" according to number of plants.)

(For all intents and purposes, let's assume there will be no dealing, and extremely minimal sharing with few trusted others that would expect said person to usually have grizzle anyway.) If it's well hidden, and only 1 person in the whole world knows about it, what is the likelihood of that person's show being discovered?

JimBeamKush

Lol man you are one paranoid person.

A. The cops only want to bust you if there are large amounts of money involved or assests.
B. Even if they knew you had 3-5 plants they would not come kick your door down, they would watch you though.
C. If you are the only person who knows you grow, the chances are next to nothing. Short of your house burning down and your micro grow staying intact you are fine.

WhiteShadow

Cannabi, it sounds like you are trying to get up the confidence to start growing. On the scale you are talking about, you have about zero chance of getting noticed, let alone busted. My advice to you would be this: if you are going to grow your own, think about how dedicated you will be to seeing those plants go from beginning to end to get to your final goal and then apply that same level of dedication to "securitizing the area." If you constantly dwell on that thought and are always thinking about what an outside individual might see or think, you will be way ahead of the game. People tend to notice only the most "obvious" of things - don't be obvious. One other note, if you do start growing, you'll find out very quickly whether or not you can handle the situation - paranoia will dictate your future path. Some can deal with it, some can't...

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like Florida. A roach in the ashtray will get you 60 days. Never underestimate a crazy person, family or not. Now if she shows up with a strange new friend, asking you to get them something, then worry.

gonzo`

These micro grows will remain under the radar. Have you ever heard of someone being prosecuted for having some tiny 400w grow with 4 plants? Doubtful. They can't waste resources investigating the small fish... They want the industrial sized operations.

I would wait until this thing with your sister blows over. You can attend her trial cant you? Its a public hearing... Go check out what the judge says, what evidence is presented. The way she is sentenced will be a tell tell sign of whether she grassed.

Lets just go down the route that she told some lies about you being involved in a commercial operation... And then lets assume they believe you to be a hardened criminal. You will probably be put under surveillance. Eventually they will realize her misinformation.

The other side of the argument is that they know shes looking for a way to reduce her sentence and like every other scumbag rat will spew a plethora of crap...

Keep that in mind.

cannabi

WhiteShadow, yeah your perceptions are correct! I've been trying to get up the courage to grow my own for a while now. I just keep thinking it must be safer to take the risk in growing my own than to actively seek it from others even if the punishments are wildly different. I'm extremely meticulous though, and I know that I would take every precaution to ensure privacy and ultimately success.

My father in law is a contractor and an electrician. Everyone in my immediate family (except my sister) is extremely anti-pot, but my in-laws are both stoners. On one hand I'd really hate to go to him and ask for help building a wall with a faux entry in the basement, but on the other hand I know that if we did that, there is no way anyone but he and I would know it is there. In the event I get his help, he wouldn't know what I'm using it for, but he would know it was for something.

So many options to consider... I could always just try to build my own setup and not go the secret room route, but I've always wanted a secret room.... lol

B

B. Self Reliant

Depends on what state you're in. Assuming possession is the only thing they could get you with, you need to learn your state's laws inside and out. I got fucked while driving through South Dakota with a few grams of cannabis, but in the state I live in, I would have gotten a petty misdemeanor ticket, paid my $100 or so and been on my way. States vary drastically to say the least.

Another thing to keep in mind is that cops do things you wouldn't expect at times. For example, they generally won't kick in your door if they can wait for you to leave & pull you over in your car. I say this because there are certain places within society that are bottlenecks of sorts . . . places or situations where the law is stacked against you and a high percentage of busts happen in these places. Make sure to be squeaky clean in these places if you live in a harsh state. The big one that applies to everyone is when you operate a motor vehicle. Don't have it with you, don't smell like it and don't look like you've been consuming it.

LEDGro

Just so you know, once someone is heading to trial normally the time cut a deal is over. Normally the ratting happens on the day of the bust or very soon after. You see the cops try and get you to turn before anyone has time to find out you have been busted. By the time you are heading to trial, normally months later the cops have moved on and you are dealing with your Lawyer and the DA.

The only deals usually made at this point are plea deals that basically save the state from the costs and time of a trial and hopefully shave some time off of your sentence.

I have been on the wrong side of a narc and have had cops attempt to make me one. After I told them to f-off and went to jail I never heard from them again. Once you get a lawyer you wont be wasting your time narcing unless you are in some deep shit and know some very big fish.

Sadly, if you get ratted on most of the time you will not suspect anything until the cops bust in your door.

Latest posts

Latest posts