What's new

Sell me on using additives. Please?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
"Sweet" is a good one, but if you use it at "what they say,"
even very different strains with diverse flavor profiles will taste very similar.
Not bad, but similar. Your Grower friends will notice.

I used it for a while at half strength, and alternated it with AN's Carbo Load Liquid. Good results.

CNS is a very chemmy line, but the Liquid Karma is nice and natural. I like botanicare PBP in strong soil greenhouse. It is the only nutrient that can be used at the suggested rate, except the line I use now, H and G, happily. Pic on the right is only one of many large Flowers on one plant.

O

Oti$

I was addicted to buying bottles for a while and ended up using the entire h&g line with awsome results, how ever I started to eliminate some things and ended up running thier base with 5 ml/gal of protekt and 1 ml/gal of drip clean( I use a variety of coco mixes...chow 70/30 permits, straight) at 1.0-1.2 ec and had the best yield and quality. I agree with everyone about silica being an essential additive, if I had only one additive silica would be it . I have greater Stem strength and just overall stronger better plants with the stuff and recommend it to everyone and everyone I've recommended has been grateful and happy with the results. My last white fire grow I decided to finish off my Gen hydro bottles (purple and pink 6/9) with protekt and used hydroplex suggested by a member as well as m.o.a.b the last couple of weeks and man, my buds were massive, chunky beasts....calyxes looked like they were going to explode they were so fat. Having several gardens and after breaking 1gpw I kinda stopped keeping up with my exact yield, but the 6/9, protekt, hydroplex, Moab combo killed it. I quit posting pics and cancelled my old account BC i am in a non med state with way too many plants, but i think i feel secure enough to post pics again and may do a side. By side, documented with pics and such BC i am so stoked on the results. I got with that particular nite combo....and i have a couple of four plant five light grows in dying to show someone. Sorry for such a long post. Peace:D

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
I think Silica couldn't hurt...

:tiphat:

If you do use silica, it messes with PH. I've been using GH's Si Armor and it is alkaline, and it pushes PH up.

But its seems like its helping, I have the ladies under some 1KW's and they seem to be doing better.. I think it added some cold protection too.

Kelp has amino acids, micro nutrients, and enzymes in it. These things catalyze (initiate and speed up) your plants natural biology. I also use black strap molasses, worm casting tea, and micro blast from earth juice.

papaduc

Veteran
Specifically the Liquid Karma and the Hydroplex (during the appropriate times, of course). I think Silica couldn't hurt...

With regards those two products, liquid karma is a watered down humic/fulvic/seaweed product.
If you like the idea of humic and fulvic acids, buy the granular stuff. Don't pay for someone else to dissolve a teaspoon of it into a 1L bottle of water.

It's pretty much the same with regards silicon, whatever concentration is the highest at the lowest price.

For example

Growth technology liquid silicon is £8 per L and contains:

5.5% potassium silicate.
94.5% water.

Potsil is £8 for 0.5L and contains:

34% potassium silicate
66% water

It's the same whatever you buy. Whatever the idea is behind it, if it sounds good, get the best quality of it you can get.

To give you some clarity, this is the sales pitch on the liquid Karma:

"Liquid Karma® represents a significant breakthrough in plant nutrition because it contains a full complement of metabolically active and organic compounds not found in regular plant foods or supplements. These unique compounds are absorbed immediately and act as regulatory signals, activators or catalysts to produce synchronized and accelerated growth under all conditions. Liquid Karma functions as a plant engine because its high metabolic activity produces a large amount of energy which is immediately transformed to growth."

That entire paragraph is a copy of literature on the effects of humic and fulvic acid. You'll find it on any website that sells granular humic. Find a good one and buy it. In one spoon you'll have as much as you'll get diluted in a bottle.