What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Selecting next strain, any advise?

Croissant

Hi Croissant, what strains have you grown from them? can you recommend me some of them? if you can describe it a little it would be great help!

sorry if asking to much!
Thank you!

I used to have a connection whos friend would grow paradise genetics and phenol hunt. This was the early 2000's. The one that really sticks out in my mind is the Sensi Star. Some of the other strains the guy would rename as to brand his cut and so other people wouldn't buy a pack and have the same stash as him. But from reading the descriptions and the renamed strain one of them I am pretty sure was Nebula.

The sensi star had a lemony metallic smell and flavor and a very clean deeply penetrating stone. The cut I am pretty sure was Nebula had a very rich deep fruity flavor and a more up high with that was expansive accompanied by a body stone. Both were rather distinctive and kind of had it all... the looks smell, being stand out and distinct and the effects were very clean and top shelf.

The paradise strains tend to have good flavors and good bag appeal.

Last edited:

Lucky 7

I have not found anything that exceeds C99 for potency . . . Female Seeds & G13 have offerings, I've grown both . . . Bubba Kush Auto is excellent, as is Holy Grail Kush

Dinafems Moby Dick is a great hazey strain too . . . I've been growing now for 20 years - Yay for me!

If ya like quick easy, very potent, Cinderella 99 is tops mang, hope this helps and good luck!

N

NewAgeGenetics

sorry to hear about paradise "nowadays" ...fortunately I have an old WW dom Nebula cut what is a winner pheno/strain, and I had an old cut from their Sensi Star what was even stronger just yields less.

La Con is a nice weed but need some selection to find a winner.

others what you mentioned are not interesting for me.

H

hard rain

I have not found anything that exceeds C99 for potency . . . Female Seeds & G13 have offerings, I've grown both . . . Bubba Kush Auto is excellent, as is Holy Grail Kush

Dinafems Moby Dick is a great hazey strain too . . . I've been growing now for 20 years - Yay for me!

If ya like quick easy, very potent, Cinderella 99 is tops mang, hope this helps and good luck!
Strange. I truly don't understand the reputation that c99 has. I find it to be a weak, boring high. It is fast flowering though.

Castroman

Strange. I truly don't understand the reputation that c99 has. I find it to be a weak, boring high. It is fast flowering though.

yea c99 is mid potent... happy high, warm buzz.

When I read comments like this I can't help but think that it might be from people who equate potency with body effects which are typical of heavy Indicas. Are you guys looking for your body to go numb and your mind to shut down before you can call any weed potent? Because sativas like C99 are not like that, so it's like waiting for an apple to taste like a bologna sandwich before you call it yummy.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
White Widow/Nirvana..crosses are Shunk#1 x White Widow
Northern Light-NirVana...prices are cheap and you'll get good Weed.

White label was known for having Bubblegum but it has been awhile since I been here and have not kept up to date.Bog is another Good Breeder,very good pot,Strong in some dept.Spice of life has a wonderful Sleeping pot,Bluebonics if needed heavier pot.

These are Hybirds for the most.About the C99,I have tried it and it's very good stoney pot but can have sativish symptons like sweating forehead,palms but for the most part depends on the times of the day.Mandala is a good Strain as well as Reserva Privada as I am smoking at the moment.

It comes down to price.Nirvana is a easy to grow Strains then BOG,Mandala,Spice of Life.DutchGrown has C99 Crossed Strains so you're likely to find some Nice Phenos there.Under $50 for 10 seeds is a good deal.

I grew alot of strains over the Year.....Bluebonics,Bog LifeSaver,Nirvana White Widow hangs up there in the Potency Dept.
The SourQueen is a Legend but not around anymore.

Castroman

Two alternative, reliable but inexpensive sources of beans that I see recommended are PeakseedsBC [.com] (which has really good versions of the classics like Northern Lights, Sweet Skunk, Kush, Blueberry and crosses therein) and BeanHoarder a.k.a. "BeanHo" at H3MPD3POT[.ca] which has a very large selection of crosses from proven strains. They are both in the $35 range and makes them a great value. You can find plenty of reports on both PeakSeedsBC and BeanHo / BeanHorder on this forum (I can't post links yet).

Last edited:
H

hard rain

When I read comments like this I can't help but think that it might be from people who equate potency with body effects which are typical of heavy Indicas. Are you guys looking for your body to go numb and your mind to shut down before you can call any weed potent? Because sativas like C99 are not like that, so it's like waiting for an apple to taste like a bologna sandwich before you call it yummy.
You got it wrong here. I am a big sativa fan who remembers fondly thai sticks. My holy grail is a Lao sativa. C99 is a shadow of what a sativa should be. To me it falls flat both as an indica and sativa.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
how can c99 be a sativa and be ready in 60days (or some guys say even a bit less)??

all the sativa's we grow (most from ace), take double... and maybe even triple that 60days .. our last golden tiger was picked at 150days and could have gone even longer.... that's why u rarely see any sativa .. no grower (for profit) is going to grow for 2 harvests per year, when they can get double or more per...

Castroman

You got it wrong here. I am a big sativa fan who remembers fondly thai sticks. My holy grail is a Lao sativa. C99 is a shadow of what a sativa should be. To me it falls flat both as an indica and sativa.

I haven't tried it, but I see C99 regularly listed among the "most potent" or "recommend strain" threads, so I was just theorizing that perhaps those who say it's weak, perhaps only call "strong" the buds that are Indica leaning in effect. Another thing that indicates C99 must have some value, is the number of successful crosses made with it (TGA Subcool uses Space Queen as the male in everything and that has C99, Bodhi uses C99 in crosses, Killer Queen is recognize as one of the oldies but goodies, etc.)

St. Phatty

in no partic. order ...

TGA Apollo whatever-number-it's-up-to-now.

I got Apollo 11 early 2014 maybe ?

Freedom of Seeds Romberry, fruity resin bombs.

Humboldt Seeds Purple Trainwreck, just plain fun watching it grow. Sativa bud structure on an Indica stem structure, that is one phenotype.

Got real decent resin with it growing in a sealed room. Looking forward to growing her daughters (x Apollo 11) WITH decent ventilation :woohoo:

Greenhouse Seeds Kalishnikova. Wild-life beat me to it this year and ate mine mid-flowering - even though it was surrounded by mesh.
It's AK47 x White Widow, White Russian, I think, something like that.

Dinafem Blue Widow Fem I thought was really good.

Dinafem Cheese Fem was DEFINITELY good.

Grand-daddy Purple Seeds 'Candyland' is great.

Crossed it with Apollo 11 and the Sativa phenotype of that was great.

I think the selection and quality the seed etailers offer is generally amazing.

Note I didn't mention anything from Strainhunters (Afghooey, in my shopping cart) or World of Seeds (lots of African Indicas and Sativas)
AND WoS Star 47 (AK47 x Sensi-Star) :peacock:

And of course there is Ace Seeds Malawi - and Bangi Haze. :woohoo:

Not to mention OG Raskal's Fire Alien Master. :dance013:

And Greenhouse' Kali Mist (Sativa). :huggg:

packerfan79

Veteran
Elemental s true og, is fucking amazing, I grew a cut of it for a few years. I was thinking of ordering a pack, but the wife would shit if I spent more money on beans. spent a grand Xmas shopping in the last week.

Resin23

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287432 70$ a pack of 11, you can get buy one get one right now at svoc, and a few places have buy 2 get one free...his "seeds info and exchange" thread is the most active thread on this board....get you some bodhi and thank me later...everything bog has is solid, isp, and melvanetics I also recommend, and all are very affordable

S

sourpuss

For a 1 pack and your done if you need a keeper its gotta be karmas headbanger. Bet a lot of his lines r stacked full of keepers. Biker kush hybrids r gold......

Dr.King

Veteran
Ace or CBG for sure. Check out my Albums and it tells the story of Ace/CBG. If you don't mind waiting for a nasty Sativa go with Ace's Oldtimer's Haze or Panama Haze which is a great cross but weaker than the OTH in my opinion. My holy grail out of over 100 strains is Ace's OTH's by far. :thank you:

G

ganjygav

Thseeds bubblegum have been the best beans I've grown in the past couple of years. I've grown 2 packs and each pack was different. 1st pack was sativa heavy all 5 plants were near identical in height and yield. Tall plants that needed support.
The 2nd pack were all indica structure,short,strong plants and again all looked preety much the same.
Both produces nice sweet,fruity and hash tasting smoke. I'm gonna grow them out after this grow again I liked them that much.

Latest posts

Latest posts