What's new

Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
good to see ya back A!!!!:jump: ya had us worried

Didn't mean to worry you. Just didn't want to waste everybody's time while moms were reverting.* I had these lush, beautiful, uniformly-green mama bushes just itching to make some clones... and then I switched their lighting schedule... and didn't notice it for about 2 and a half weeks..... So I hacked off all flowering growth (which was whack) and then I put them under 24 hour for a few weeks and then backed it off to 18. As soon as the harvest came out of the chamber, I put the moms in under the CMHs and pulled the table out of there in order to do the upgrades.

That was at least 6 weeks ago. Reverting* works, but it ain't quick!

Soon the table will be back within its' custom-made chamber full of a new batch of the same lonely AK47 seed I've been holding onto for the last 3 years.

I'm hoping to crack some new genetics in my micro cab once I get this stuff sorted so that I can look for other keeper mamas to add to my stable.

(*I prefer the term reverting to revegging.)

so is the disco ball o.k.?:dance013:
Disco Ball is fine and now that I've moved the carbon filter/exhaust fan and shortened the table, it should be able to shine that much brighter in the future.

G

greenmatter

aint the learning curve wonderful????? sarcasm off

glad to see ya back!

OGsince03

Pulling up a seat. I read this from beginning to end, I actually thought there were more pages, I rolled up another joint because I thought it kept going, lol...We'll, Glad to see others having the same ambition. I think you will be happier with this setup. I remember when I made the jump from soil to other types of mediums. I hope all goes well, Im gonna be observing and chiming in from time to time.. I hope you can gain knowledge that is vastly available. "Hands on experience" with certain strains and systems is the only way to dial in a system.
OG

Didn't mean to worry you. Just didn't want to waste everybody's time while moms were reverting.* I had these lush, beautiful, uniformly-green mama bushes just itching to make some clones... and then I switched their lighting schedule... and didn't notice it for about 2 and a half weeks..... So I hacked off all flowering growth (which was whack) and then I put them under 24 hour for a few weeks and then backed it off to 18. As soon as the harvest came out of the chamber, I put the moms in under the CMHs and pulled the table out of there in order to do the upgrades.

That was at least 6 weeks ago. Reverting* works, but it ain't quick!

Soon the table will be back within its' custom-made chamber full of a new batch of the same lonely AK47 seed I've been holding onto for the last 3 years.

I'm hoping to crack some new genetics in my micro cab once I get this stuff sorted so that I can look for other keeper mamas to add to my stable.

(*I prefer the term reverting to revegging.)

Disco Ball is fine and now that I've moved the carbon filter/exhaust fan and shortened the table, it should be able to shine that much brighter in the future.

I know it is late in the game to mention it, but if ever you have this situation again you can just clone from the flowering plant and then each of your clones will act like a reveged plant and flower out like crazy. all the pistled budsites you cut off and chucked would be rooted and going nuts in flower right now.

I'm sure someone will back me up on that one! I have taken clones 6-8 weeks into flower and rooted them no problem. Some root faster then off the mom but they all flower out like a reveg. Not sure I have ever had one NOT make it. They still take some time in veg to send out the reverted growth, but it is happening while it is making roots so it works out fine from a time standpoint.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I know it is late in the game to mention it, but if ever you have this situation again you can just clone from the flowering plant and then each of your clones will act like a reveged plant and flower out like crazy. all the pistled budsites you cut off and chucked would be rooted and going nuts in flower right now.

I'm sure someone will back me up on that one! I have taken clones 6-8 weeks into flower and rooted them no problem. Some root faster then off the mom but they all flower out like a reveg. Not sure I have ever had one NOT make it. They still take some time in veg to send out the reverted growth, but it is happening while it is making roots so it works out fine from a time standpoint.

Thanks for the suggestion. Ive actually done It before but I didn't have enough cuttings to fill the table even halfway and didn't expect the plants to take so lonf to revert enough to take 100 clones.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
We are waiting on clones to root at the moment. I expect roots within the next 3-5 days.

Then we get to finally get it rolling again!

I'm NOT going to fuck my moms up again, so as soon as this round finishes I plan to already have 100 clones ready to go in. I may even veg them in dixie cups or something so they can go into the table with a week or two of growth.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Thats a great thing to hear homey! I know you are going to rocking this one! Keep it green broski!

aod

G

greenmatter

:watchplant:

fill the cooler and grab the popcorn .......... gonna be standing room only this time next week around here

G

Guest 88950

aaaaaaah shit, your at it again.

cant wait to see things full. are you still running just the ak-47?

D

DHF

We are waiting on clones to root at the moment. I expect roots within the next 3-5 days.

Then we get to finally get it rolling again!

I'm NOT going to fuck my moms up again, so as soon as this round finishes I plan to already have 100 clones ready to go in. I may even veg them in dixie cups or something so they can go into the table with a week or two of growth.
However many fully rooted cuts yas`re gonna need for the setup , triple it and pick the "best of the best" to go into the system......

The ones that are growin similarly "before" bein hacked , and can be trimmed , pruned , and shaped to grow identically through end of stretch for that canopy everyone wants till end of cycle...

Got my bucket upside down settin on it...

Peace......DHF.....:ying:....

Loving the set up Anti.

I am thinking of switching my setup to something similar to this (a square with 1 600 watt lamp) and this thread has served as quite a bit of inspiration!

Mort

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Saw a couple of root nubs starting to poke out of the peat pellets. In a day or two it's gonna be on like donkey kong.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Saw a couple of root nubs starting to poke out of the peat pellets. In a day or two it's gonna be on like donkey kong.

:woohoo:
picture.php

:biglaugh:

justwatchin

Hey Anti, I think you can get around the negatives of cmh and still reap the benifits if you were to run hps for the first 3/4 of flower then switching them to cmh to finish them up. what are your thoughts about that?

I have switched to metal halides for the last couple wks of flower. There is a very slight decrease in yield, but the increase in quality makes up for it. What im currently doing is adding metal halides to the hps and only turning the mh for 4hrs out of the 11/13 sched strait through the grow with very positive results high wise. but with the summer coming up you might wanna go with the first option.

Glad u decided to switch to coco you are gonna love it once dialed. Best of luck to ya buddy

Latest posts

Latest posts