What's new

Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept.

D

DHF

I`d haveta see a side by side with and without before investing in another additive.....

I`m just sayin....may be some good shit......wanna see results firsthand though....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is their ANYTHING you don't know about weed? Man your like the Einstein of Weed well you and DHF...lol

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I think dialing in my watering schedule, paying better attention to my ph and the drips are going to make a major difference. I've seen what my genetics can do in previous runs.... This wasn't close to the limits of what I know I can do with it. Next round will be better. No point in building a second for flip flop rooms until this one is dialed.

Happy new years everybody!

G

greenmatter

i just shot Sgt.Stedenko a message because he actually owns a D.O. meter. he says that you can hyper oxygenate up to 12 or 13% with H2O2, but he says that it only lasts a matter of hours, not days.

i always thought 2-3 days was accurate. don't know where i picked that up, but if the Sgt. says hours i am more inclined to believe him than a label or a grow book.

d4nk

h2o2 can be used as a booster but the costs seriously outweigh the benefits. up to 2x the yield but terrible quality nuggets. kills all organic life including beneficial bacteria's. might even hurt your amino acids and such.

i agree that more often feedings of less each time would bump that oxygen in a much more efficient way.

prowler

I recommend this to anyone who is handwatering coco once or less per day (not for organics!). Otherwise it is quite useless. Also if you notice algae in recirculating systems this takes care of it. Kills mold also - if you have some runt clones that you absolutely want to survive use this as a light foliar feed to help keep the mold away.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Yep H202 is a great solution for an aero cloner, it kills pythim and mold with ease. As bobble, and d4nk said, more waterings at a lower EC will give your plants more O2, especially handy for this time of the year, you can put a water heater into your rez, give extra feeds at a lower EC and watch your plants explode with the warm multi feeds soothing your roots and you can always wrap your pots in bubble wrap like afom does in the cold weather.

If you want extra O2 into your root system then add an air stone into your rez but keep an eye on the PH because it will rise even quicker with all the oxygen in there.

HGO

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
UPDATE ON THE DRAIN BUILDOUT

UPDATE ON THE DRAIN BUILDOUT

CONVERTING TABLE FOR USE
WITH DRAIN-TO-WASTE SETUP

picture.php

^^^ Step 1: Take 6" off of each leg. ^^^

picture.php

^^^ With the 6" off ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Holes where the E&F drains used to be ^^^

picture.php

^^^ The 3/4" plywood patch with 1.5" drain hole predrilled ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Patch piece gets a healthy dose of construction adhesive to ensure it sticks and seals ^^^

picture.php

^^^ After gluing, they get screwed a lot ^^^

picture.php

^^^ All the remaining 1.5" holes are cut (12 in all) ^^^

picture.php

^^^ black lines remind stoners where screws be ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Glued in 1.5" sink drains to each of the 1.5" holes. Glued around each drain, dropped in hole, glued around each drain and smoothed it in from top and bottom. Did a much better job sealing this time than I did the first try. Forgot to get a picture of this step. [Edit: I got one when I was cementing it all together.) The 1.5" PVC is measuring its' INNER dimensions. The 1.5" drain pipe is measuring its OUTER dimensions. So the 1.5" drain pipes actually go down 4"-6" inside the PVC to minimize leaks. ^^^

picture.php

^^^ 1.5" PVC drainage in place ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Top tier drains down to bottom tier on either side ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Hard to tell, but there's about 1/2" slope from one drain to the next all the way around ^^^

picture.php

^^^ The lowest drains in the table are where the E&F were ^^^
(This is to ensure that the table drains in the direction
of the lowest point to help avoid any standing water.)

Last edited:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
It's coming together nicely now, Anti. I love the drainage that you have built! Now how can we talk you into ditching the CMH and sticking in some HPS for flower? :bigeye:

Don't know about you but I'm excited with the progression! +K

HGO

E

EverLast

I think dialing in my watering schedule, paying better attention to my ph and the drips are going to make a major difference. I've seen what my genetics can do in previous runs.... This wasn't close to the limits of what I know I can do with it. Next round will be better. No point in building a second for flip flop rooms until this one is dialed.

Happy new years everybody!
Happy new year Anti!!! :wave:
You are 100000% right about the watering...I did the switch to coco recently..6.5l pots pure coco....2drippers/pot multi-feeds every day and the plants just explode:D....never have seen such big buds...would like to snap a shot for ya but the ladies are too big to get out of the room.... just my 2c:tiphat:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Thanks for dropping by, EverLast. Anti I talked EL into switching over to multi-feeds in coco and, well he is in love with it. Can't even get 'em out for a pic bro? That sounds good!

Agent-Smith, HPS FTW IMO (internet lingo :shucks:) good extraction will sort out all the extra heat, no hoods to hold onto the heat ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts