What's new

Seeking advice on my setup. Thoughts and suggestions

ButterflyEffect

Howdy ICMAG community!

I'm a long time lurker, but never really a posting kind of guy. I always thought I could battle my way through whatever came my way, and for some time now, it's had, well, mixed results. Mostly figured things out, but a lot of head banging!

So, moving forward I really wanted to reach out to the group and see if I couldn't get some thoughts about my current setup and whether there's room for improvement or hell, even a script rewrite. I know as well as any that it's super easy to get stuck with the blinders on!

Here's what I run.

Perpetual with 2 gallon hempys with a 4:1 perlite/vermi running vertical donuts under a stacked pair of 315s.

3 flower rooms. 1 & 2 are on a diy flip box. 3 has its own ballasts.

Rooms are environmentally controlled with arduinos.

Veg room is 5x10. Flower 1 is 5x7, the other 2 are 5x10. Ceiling height isn't the best. Between 7-8. There's also an area outside the rooms that I refer to as the lung room even though it's technically not one. It's basically a prep area.

I feed with Jacks 321 @ 1.5EC max. pH ~5.8

That's as many details that my old ass can remember at the moment. Please feel free to contribute, as I know there's a solid braintrust here and I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading!

ButterflyEffect

put the 315’s tip to tip and put a 600hps above them.

Right now they're about 10" apart. I really can't do any more lighting due to the fact that I'm close to maxed out on amperage. If the lights didn't put me over, the A/C needs would.

I keep the diameter of the donuts at ~28" to the backs of the screens. That puts me at around 10" to the bulb. I also spend a healthy amount of time tying plants to the screens and tucking leaves behind to get as much penetration as possible. If I could, I'd run 1000 watters and save myself a bunch of effort, but alas.