What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeking a Blissful Wizard

moose eater

I like ordering Alchimia in Spain. :pimp3:
I found alchimia, and yes, they used to be a vendor here.

They are indeed outof the BW, and even the couple of alternatievs form The Captains Connection that I was considering.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another non-ICMag-vendor (as far as I know) is Seeds Here Now.

I recall seeing what I thought was lots of advertising for them early on, a few years ago, but have (as with many other vendors) no personal knowledge or even close references, as to their ethics, etc. there. Has anyone got any info re. SHN as a vendor? Credibility? Anything?

Thanks.

Oregonism

Later in 2021, I picked up and still sitting on green rebels gmo x gwiz. Gwiz is supposed to be blissful x grimace og from archive.

Make what you want of mota's work. It wasnt offered for more than a couple of weeks it seems....maybe some of that work is out there. I got these to open pollinate, but wont start until Dec ugg...

Supposedly, Bwizard is a more "modern" or most looks like the ogkb clone in seed form, is that the appeal?

moose eater

Later in 2021, I picked up and still sitting on green rebels gmo x gwiz. Gwiz is supposed to be blissful x grimace og from archive.

Make what you want of mota's work. It wasnt offered for more than a couple of weeks it seems....maybe some of that work is out there. I got these to open pollinate, but wont start until Dec ugg...

Supposedly, Bwizard is a more "modern" or most looks like the ogkb clone in seed form, is that the appeal?
Thanks.

When I first tuned in to BW, it was among several sites' (something like) top 4 or 5 sought after seeds/cuts.

The BW that caught the media attention was a cut from the East Coast (I believe Massachusettes). It was stated to run between 32% and 37% THC in testing.

I think back then I was also chasing Jet Fuel and Dosi Dos.

The BW F2's and/or the Wizard Gum will come along sometime, or they won't.

Thanks for the post.

Last edited:

Oregonism

Thanks.

When I first tuned in to BW, it was among several sites' (something like) top 4 or 5 sought after seeds/cuts.

The BW that caught the media attention was a cut from the East Coast (I believe Massachusettes). It was stated to run between 32% and 37% THC in testing.

I think back then I was also chasing Jet Fuekl and Dosi Dos.

The BW F2's and/or the Wizard Gum will come along sometime, or they won't.

Thanks for the post.
I appreciate you chiming in, because before this, I had been chasing tails, lol. I couldnt originally find any info on bw, but now i have seen it mentioned 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks, not just here. Thanks for the reply. I will keep an eye out if you start poppin'!

moose eater

My BW Bx1 seeds arrived today. I figure that after the USPS screwed up 96% of my packages and fast-freight envelopes over the last year, maybe they were feeling a bit awkward, as this one made it here in 3+ days. The money to pay for it in a USPS Priority Mail pouch took 6 days to get there, and I've -literally- hitch-hiked that distance in less than 6 days, years ago.

Nonetheless my seeds are now here.

When I get back from the Yukon I'll make an effort to germinate some of the Blissful Wizard Bx1 and the Wizard Express. See what comes up?.

Last edited:

Oregonism

Moose, fuck yeah hopefully you get a chance. I am still checking from time to time.
I got a chance to seed some Acu Gold from snowhigh and pushed backed popping my gmo x gwiz. Hoping to include some in the summer though. Maybe some go to Puna in the winter :)

Happy new years bud.

moose eater

Moose, fuck yeah hopefully you get a chance. I am still checking from time to time.
I got a chance to seed some Acu Gold from snowhigh and pushed backed popping my gmo x gwiz. Hoping to include some in the summer though. Maybe some go to Puna in the winter :)

Happy new years bud.
Thanks.

I saw your stroke of rep the other night (last night? they run together these days), and considered a PM of both apology and explanation..

The Blissful Wizard and Wizard Express are still the 2 front-runners for appeasing curiosity and any sense of horticultural adventure-seeking I still possess.

Life happens, and energy levels have been a bit subdued, due to other (mostly familial) factors.

I still have most of a tote (27-gallon) of very respectable organic soilless mix, and need to whip out another 7-8 more 27-gallon totes of similar mix, to get them properly activating/aging.

Plenty of heirloom and (other aging select and random) seeds here I'm sending to another couple members when I get off my literal and figurative ass.

Trying to get out the door at the moment, while we're in the upper teens above 0, to transfer about 270 US gallons of #1 heating oil from drums into the main tank for what ought to equal close to a full 500+ gallon tank then. Making hay while the sun shines, so to speak.

One of these days, hopefully not too far off, I'll surprise us both with some pics of the Blissful Wizard and her relative, the Wizard Express. Looking forward to it.

Meanwhile I saw some Bodhi gear on serious sale, and thinking of adding 'Angelica' to my current collection of somewhat stagnant seeds. Ironic and perhaps eccentric, I know.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Thanks.

I saw your stroke of rep the other night (last night? they run together these days), and considered a PM of both apology and explanation..

The Blissful Wizard and Wizard Express are still the 2 front-runners for appeasing curiosity and any sense of horticultural adventure-seeking I still possess.

Life happens, and energy levels have been a bit subdued, due to other (mostly familial) factors.
I still have most of a tote (27-gallon) of very respectable organic soilless mix, and need to whip out anothe 7-8 more totes of similar to get them properly activating/aging.

Plenty of heirloom and other aging select and random seeds here I'm sending to another couple members when I get off my literal and figurative ass.

Trying to get out the door at the moment, while we're in the upper teens above 0, to transfer about 270 US gallons of #1 heating oil from drums into the main tank for what ought to equal close to a full 500+ gallon tank then. Making hay while the sun shines, so to speak.

One of these days, hopefully not too far off, I'll surprise us both with some pics of the Blissful Wizard and her relative, the Wizard Express. Looking forward to it.

Meanwhile I saw some Bodhi gear on serious sale, and thinking of adding 'Angelica' to my current collection of somewhat stagnant seeds. Ironic and perhaps eccentric, I know.
That unabomber sounds pretty good too. Has triangle kush in it :yummy:

jwm

Veteran
I've had some interest in Blissful Wizard for several years now, and in searching the interwebs this evening, I found ONE outlet via Alchimia Grow Shop for The Captain's Connection, who apparently offers several varieties or breeding outcomes that involve some aspect of Blissful Wizard.

Anyone familiar with Alchimia Grow Shop (I believe they were formerly a vendor here), or any other reputable sources for this specific strain/plant? Looking for reputable Blissful Wizard seeds, regular (not femmed or autos).

Thanks in advance.
Never heard of them.

moose eater

Never heard of them.
Ended up finding the Blissful Wizard BX1 and Wizard Express (both of them from The Captain's Connection; I believe a Massachusetts breeder) through a well-established and reputable US seed vendor. Paid a little bit, but not too bad.

If you're interested, look them up. (Both the breeder and the strains).

If it's Alchimia you were referring to, they used to be a vendor here at ICMag, maybe still are(?); they're (I believe) UK-based.

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
From Captains Connection website.

The Captain’s Connection is a Maine based seed company established in 2013 by @_cookiemaine_ in honor of his brother Ryan that was tragically killed in 2013. The Captain’s Connection created award winning strains such as Blissful Wizard and Girl Scout Glue, keeping his brothers AKA “The Captains” legacy alive. Blissful Wizard won 1st place 2015 LA High Times Cannabis Cup with it’s Non-Solvent Hash.
Some companies will want to call these cannabis, pot, or weed seeds. That would be incorrect. Technically these are 100% certified hemp seeds, sourced directly from the original breeder.

Citing the 2018 United States Farm Bill, all regular seeds, feminized seeds, and Auto Flower seeds or genetics with less than .03% T.H.C. are considered hemp seeds. On January 6th, 2022, The D.E.A. through the department of justice was very clear in removing seeds from the controlled substance list. All cannabis genetics now fall within these guidelines as there are zero cannabinoids in the embryo of a seed. Making them legal for sale and distribution as souvenirs or genetic preservation reasons. As always, DO NOT get these collectibles wet or dirty as they may explode. You may find all the C.O.A.'s located here. Backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, we are sure you'll be pleased with your purchase.

moose eater

Happy new years bud.
As you can see, I'm inundated with seeds. The pics below are about 1/2 to 2/3 of the collection and don't include the true heirlooms that go back decades. Though some of these in the pics are over 20 years old.

The Captain's Connection BW BX1 and WE are in the first pic. Labels on some are visible and self-explanatory. There's a packet from Nirvana Seeds of AK-48 with a bean or 3 remaining. Some from my own stress flowers, resulting in femmed seeds. Some freebies of various sorts. Breeding efforts by a former friend in the bush. A whole bunch of Bodhi seeds; some partial packs, and a couple or more unopened still. And LOTS more.

Sending many of these to a couple deserving forum members, including the heirlooms, as otherwise they may just be shelf queens, and that doesn't benefit anyone.

I wouldn't have time to plant most of these before I die, even if had greater motivaton, so they may as well be used by someone who can revive them, especially those that will require a lot of love and expertise, such as those not pictured that go as far back as the later 1970s.

Attachments

• IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Moose Eater

Hey sorry for any confusion I may have caused, I thought someone said Captains Connection didn't ship in the US. I was just showing as per their web site they do ship seeds in the US. If what they state is correct all seed companies can ship seeds in the US.

I have no idea if the statement below is correct but its what was stated.

Citing the 2018 United States Farm Bill, all regular seeds, feminized seeds, and Auto Flower seeds or genetics with less than .03% T.H.C. are considered hemp seeds. On January 6th, 2022, The D.E.A. through the department of justice was very clear in removing seeds from the controlled substance list. All cannabis genetics now fall within these guidelines as there are zero cannabinoids in the embryo of a seed. Making them legal for sale and distribution as souvenirs or genetic preservation reasons.

moose eater

Moose Eater

Hey sorry for any confusion I may have caused, I thought someone said Captains Connection didn't ship in the US. I was just showing as per their web site they do ship seeds in the US. If what they state is correct all seed companies can ship seeds in the US.

I have no idea if the statement below is correct but its what was stated.

Citing the 2018 United States Farm Bill, all regular seeds, feminized seeds, and Auto Flower seeds or genetics with less than .03% T.H.C. are considered hemp seeds. On January 6th, 2022, The D.E.A. through the department of justice was very clear in removing seeds from the controlled substance list. All cannabis genetics now fall within these guidelines as there are zero cannabinoids in the embryo of a seed. Making them legal for sale and distribution as souvenirs or genetic preservation reasons.
No problem.

I hadn't been aware that The Captain's Connection shipped directly, thus I got mine from SHN.

The specific language in the Federal letter has had me a bit perplexed and confused in the past as well, as I know of an incident here in Healy, Ak., in 1990, at a protest re. the initiative that year to recriminalize cannabis and subvert Ravin v. State, where the Trooper took some hemp seed samples from a box (1 of several+) and despite the boxes of hemp seed being marked as infertile bird seed, with legal importation stamps on the boxes showing origins in Korea, passage through Canada, and entry to the US as bird feed (used as an elaborate 'prop' and being 'strafed' around the area from an open door chute from a C-207 near Denali Nat'l Park, as well as released in bio-degradable helium balloons) the seeds the Trooper took back to his Cantwell detachment were sprouted, and later on, the fellow who helped to organize, Tim something, if I recall, was popped for that.

In reading the Federal letter commonly linked these days, I've wondered about a similar construct, as, if these or any high-end seeds are seized and sprouted, it's probable they're not coming up as 'hemp', per se'.

But that's but one example of me being prone to over-thinking things sometimes, as I did upon first reading that letter and related notes, albeit at a different seed site.

I'll let you and others know when I get energized sufficiently to pop both the BW BX1's or the WE. I passively sought them for a long time.

Last edited:

OleReynard

So, getting ready to make some decisions.

Has anyone here actually done business with canadaseedz.ca?

If they're up to snuff, honorable, etc., then I think there's a plan formulated.

Thanks for all the help here last year, by the way.

At this time, the seeds and the new-to-us 8-month-old female German Shepherd puppy are both fairly stout statements of faith, but who knows.

Their Wizard Express (Pineapple Express x Blissful Wizard) from The Captain's Connection at canadaseedz also looks attractive, but for now I think I'll stay my optimism to ONE statement of faith in the future.. Otherwise I'll be apt to get so giddy that folks might confuse me with Tigger or something.
Get with Dave at AKBB he can probably help with cooks and dosis

moose eater

Hey moose any chance you've got to growing out the BW?
No, still on the to-do list, along with Captains Connection's Wizard Express, and over a dozen other strains I have yet to try.

It's been a down time for growing at this point. Though I'm starting to guilt myself into doing something.

A fair number of medical trips currently, and newer phenomenon to address therein, along with other distractions have made me somewhat stagnant for progress.

I'd say, "Soon," but the date stamp on my post in this thread that indicates when I actually acquired my BW BX1's says that 'soon' has taken on new meaning.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
I just put in an order for CC East Coast 13 (G13 Haze x BW); $80 shipped from seedsherenow with the 30% code. Never smoked it but it sure sounds interesting.

I have a Dirty Bird Genetics Baldurs Crepe (BW x The Brunch F1) going outside this year. Hopefully, East Coast 13 gets here in time to join it.