What's new

seeds

corwink-43

when seeds are mailed to you in the winter time. is there a possibility that they won't sprout .i planted 10 seeds 4 days ago and none have shown growth. :confused: :confused: :confused:

smokeymacpot

Veteran
you planted straight into soil? they will be popping up in the next few days, dont worry its perfectly normal for them to still be hiding from you after only 4 days :D

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i dont understand why you all go through such lengths to germ seeds. i use the same simple method my 6th grade science teacher taught us with beans.

take the seeds, put em in some soggy paper towels, and then put them inside something to hold the moisture in like a ziplock bag thats not sealed (in the 7th grade we would roll the paper towels up and stick em in test tubes) then stick em someplace warm and dry. i usually either put em on the back of my tv, or on the ledge in my closet above the door. you should see a taproot in like 24-36 hours. take the ones that have popped and drop em in soil, the ones that havent popped give em some more days. if they dont pop they were bum seeds. basic science.

you should be seeing your seedling in a few days, soil germination is slow. but it will germinate as long as your soil isnt too wet, and cold. cold = slow growth. too wet = no oxygen and the roots drown.

Last edited:

corwink-43

i know how to germ seeds that was not my original question all i wanted to know was.can seeds be damage being mailed int the winter time

beaner

corwink-43 said:
i know how to germ seeds that was not my original question all i wanted to know was.can seeds be damage being mailed int the winter time
Its extremely unlikely.

Latest posts

Latest posts