What's new

Seeds, Soil and 16 Square Feet

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
Aww, shucks. Thanks. Congrats to you are in order I believe.

I am really looking forward to exploring the F2s, but I need to learn to grow more seeds and fewer clones. This will require a leap of faith, in a way. I have to believe that the clones I make will survive ( I have had a 100% cloning success for years, but still make extras "just in case") so that I don't have growing clones I feel somehow obligated to flower out. I need to be ok with not flowering all my clones and get better with culling even healthy plants that are extra. Biggest of all I need to have faith that good seeds of wonderful herb will be available in the future and I don't need to hoard seeds or genetics in any way.

or give them to friends! good karma :biggrin:

Siskiyou

Veteran
Black Triangle F2 - I have only found 5 of these so far.
picture.php

Sunshine Daydream #2 x Black Triangle - looks like between 75 and 100 of these little treasures. "Black Sun"
picture.php

Lucky Charms x Black Triangle - got at least 50 of these
picture.php

Siskiyou

Veteran
The Black Triangle male was cloned as soon as it revealed that it was male. The seed plant of the BT male was killed, and the clone was removed to isolation, and allowed to continue flowering. The pollen was collected in an envelope and applied to one branch each of BT1, SSDD2, and LC using a small paint brush. I was NOT anally careful with the pollen this time. I did turn off all of the fans during pollination and hit them right before lights off, but I did not place a bag over the pollinated branches or mist the flowers with water the next morning. As a result there are a few seeds randomly placed in this round of the 4x4. Mostly seeds are confined to branches that were adjacent to the ones pollinated, but a few have been found in one of the SSDD4 clones, only three so far but I expect to find a few more. As a result I have SSDD2xBT and SSDD4xBT seeds. The SSDD2 seems to lean toward the Bubbashine, and SSDD4 toward the Appalachia, so, happy about that, too. These might be just what I need someday...who knows?

Last edited:

HatchBrew

Veteran
The seeds look well developed and the crosses sound spectacular! Always love stopping in here Siskiyou!!

Was just reading thru the Bodhi seeds companion guide, wow I need to get on this bodhi train, some stellar stuff!

Siskiyou

Veteran
The seeds look well developed and the crosses sound spectacular! Always love stopping in here Siskiyou!!

Was just reading thru the Bodhi seeds companion guide, wow I need to get on this bodhi train, some stellar stuff!

Much appreciated, HatchBrew. I let those seeds ripen for 5 weeks after pollination. It was interesting to me that all of the SSDDxBT seeds look fully mature, while about 1/3 of the LCxBT are clearly non-viable, smallish and white.

I sure have been enjoying Bodhi's seeds. For about a year and a half they are all I have grown. There is a snowbeast lurking and waiting to emerge, but I also have more Bodhi I need to get to. Waiting for their chance I still have Lotus Larry, Tiger Temple, Strange Love, Bingo Pajama, Blue Tara and Prayer Tower Remix (Indica).

So many seeds, so little time and space, but I want to experience them all. ha ha. And then there are those landrace varieties...

Siskiyou

Veteran
Black Triangle from clone at 60 days of flowering is coloring up very pretty. Her aroma is noticeably stronger this time, so I am interested to see how that translates into/affects her flavor.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Siskiyou

Veteran
My scratch and sniff isn't working ;) Looks great!

Looking dank.

:smoke:

That BT is my first no-till. It was grown in the same pot and soil as the BT seed plant, still water only with a few very simple EWC ACTs (container is only 3 gallons, which is not actually big enough for a no-till for more than two rounds it seems). I feel like a good reammendment is in order now, but the experience was quite instructive and reminds me of when I was playing around with absolutely minimal feeding.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ginger girls, ginger buds, ginger root. I make fun of gingers, but daaayum :D

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Had to stop in and give you respect for your garden Siskiyou. Excellent pictures of healthy plants. Green thumbs up. :D

Siskiyou

Veteran
Ginger girls, ginger buds, ginger root. I make fun of gingers, but daaayum :D

I like all the gingers!

Very nice pics and plants , you grow some dank 4 sure :)

Thanks, NiftyPoT. And welcome! :tiphat:

Had to stop in and give you respect for your garden Siskiyou. Excellent pictures of healthy plants. Green thumbs up. :D

Thank you so much, 3rdEye. Your kind words are always encouraging and much appreciated.

Siskiyou

Veteran
A while back I cloned a Dream Beaver plant (DB4) that was 44 days into flowering. I hadn't made a clone of it earlier because it was quite small and slow-growing. On flower day 44, however she smelled really good, so I made a clone. I was also interested in trying a clone from this stage. The clone took root easily and vegetated slowly. She was flowered in a 3 gallon geopot, planted with a bit of mini white clover. 68 days after going into flower, here she is.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts