What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Seeds mafia-critical jack & gorilla cake- too late ⏰ for comp, diary instead.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Hi everyone :tiphat:
As the title suggests, I was given seeds to enter the seeds mafia competition - but as happens sometimes, things didn’t line up and now it’s nearly next year.
I can’t allow them to go un-grown, so I am going to document them here.
I have sprouted 3x critical jack and 1x gorilla cake, which have been above soil for 2 days… pics incoming in next post.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi everyone :tiphat:
As the title suggests, I was given seeds to enter the seeds mafia competition - but as happens sometimes, things didn’t line up and now it’s nearly next year.
I can’t allow them to go un-grown, so I am going to document them here.
I have sprouted 3x critical jack and 1x gorilla cake, which have been above soil for 2 days… pics incoming in next post.
Thanks, mr brunch you can count me in.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Baby photos… 5 days old or so
The critical jacks are in the green square pots, and a gorilla cake in the round one.
I’ll repot into slightly bigger pots in the next few days :tiphat:

IMG_3249.jpeg

IMG_3252.jpeg
IMG_3250.jpeg

IMG_3251.jpeg

mr.brunch

Veteran
At the moment they are being vegged by all night in the tent with my flowering clones under @Mars Hydro Led fce-4800, then all day on the window cill.
I’ll get them topped and probably up potted again before the clones are ready, then they’ll go in 20L pots and have the tent to themselves.
I intend to clone them before flowering as well, but my cloning game has been pretty poor recently… may try some root riots … anyone tried them?

Cheers for looking in :tiphat:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Root Riot grow plugs come ready-to-use in either bags or trays. Trays also contain a Clonex Rooting Gel packet that can be used on up to 50 cuttings. The plant starter plugs should be spongy and moist – not saturated. If they are dry, rewet them by placing the grow plugs into a bowl of lukewarm water.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Root Riot grow plugs come ready-to-use in either bags or trays. Trays also contain a Clonex Rooting Gel packet that can be used on up to 50 cuttings. The plant starter plugs should be spongy and moist – not saturated. If they are dry, rewet them by placing the grow plugs into a bowl of lukewarm water.
Thanks mate.. I’m seeing good reports around the net, so I think they may be worth a shot

mr.brunch

Veteran
18 days old, doing fine… little taller and then I’ll top them

Critical jack
IMG_3275.jpeg

IMG_3277.jpeg

And the gorilla cake
IMG_3276.jpeg

Just water so far, they’re in miracle grow peat free compost at the moment.
May acquire some of the peat based stuff if it’s still on Amazon…. It’s being banned here from this year 🤦🏻‍♂️

mr.brunch

Veteran
Peat based compost is being banned? Damn .
I only called in for the cake.
Yes it’s being banned from this year- most major garden centres have none already but amazon still has.
The gorilla cake sounds nice, but I am more interested in the jack if I’m honest.
I’ve always enjoyed a nice bit of jack herer, so hopefully this cross will increase the yield and keep the quality.
From what I read in the info, it’s the sativa pheno of JH that was used in the cross