What's new

Seeds in Oz

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
previously, the only 2 ways for an aussie to buy from seedbay was to send cash in an envelope OR to buy a usd money order, and send to bay

seedbay only accept money orders in USD, read your FAQ's

(soz for my smartazz pre-edited pronouncement if you read it ;) )

Last edited:

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK, now I can see where all this confusion has come from.

For those of us who don't use Western Union there is an alternative answer......

7. What kind of Money order will I need?
All types of money orders are accepted and are to be in USD $. You are not required to send an 'international' money order, it can be regular or international.

1) Firstly I have never used an international money order as payment to the Bay or Boutique.

2) A regular Australia Post Money Order is the ONLY method I have been using for years. The (Bay & Boutique) have never refused me this method of payment to date. The most recent money order was dated 16 Oct 2009.

3) There are currently more than 3,800 Australia Post outlets nation-wide where you can purchase Australian money orders. (THESE ARE NOT OWNED OR OPERATED BY Western Union)

4) Before you purchase your REGULAR Money Order, make sure you have converted your (payment for purchase) into US currency. http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

5) A fee of $4.50 applies for a REGULAR Money Order up to $1000. Money Orders over $1,000 to $5,000 (requires customer ID) & has a fee of $6.00.

6) Not to confuse anyone - You can still purchase IMO (International Money Orders) from Aust Post. But this will be an electronic transfer of cash to a foreign post office or bank of your choice,,, made to the payee at the other end. This type of payment is not accepted by the Bay or Boutique.

7) There are several services offered by Aust Post to send a business sized letter to a foreign destination. It all depends on how quickly you would like it to get there.

ECI (Express Courier International) door to door service (usually takes 2 - 4 days) with on line tracking. This is the only service you can personally track on line all the way to the recipient. $44.30 to the UK from Aust. (My last one cost me $50.35, I can't remember what the extra was for?)

EPI (Express Post International) usually within 4 days. This will set you back $12.75.

Air Mail is the standard service with reliable delivery to countries in 3 to 10 working days. A business sized letter costing $2.10 to the UK.

These charges are for envelopes up to 50g.

Lastly... walk into an Australian Post Office and pay for a Regular Money Order and sent it off in the post to the correct address.
(DO NOT DISCLOSE any foreign address for the AU Money Order to the staff in the post office) ,,,, I always purchase my money orders & Prepaid International envelopes from different post offices, saves on the headaches of being questioned etc.

Send payment for Seedbay &/or Seedboutique to:

S.B.N.
Unit 415, Reaver House
12 East Street
Epsom Surrey
KT17 1HX
UK

All Aust Post info can be referenced here...http://www.auspost.com.au/

ps. The original post by Gypsy (dated Sept. 22/ 2006) http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36745 has never been edited so nothing has changed in over 3 years.

I hope this has helped clear some of the confusion,,
good luck with your next seed purchase folks. :canabis:

Medicines

yeah but they don't make the money order's out in US dollars and thats what you need...that's what cornflakes on about..so cash only.

Do you get the extra freeby this way?

ECI (Express Courier International) door to door service (usually takes 2 - 4 days) with on line tracking. This is the only service you can personally track on line all the way to the recipient. $44.30 to the UK from Aust. (My last one cost me $50.35, I can't remember what the extra was for?)

cornflake

Veteran
Thank you very much for your experience Smurf.

I've done as much as I could to get a reasonable answer from admin both here and at seedbay to help me make my payment, for the recent auction I won.

Your method is OUTSIDE seedbay stated requirements which are in fact 2 methods ONLY as I stated, so it's really great to hear from you that this method has been successful for you.

A shame you didn't post this yesterday before I sent my Australian Dollars though :(

Your Step 6 is misleading and innacurate. No-one can purchase an IMO at an Aussie Post, it's not a MO and they don't call it a Money Order, maybe you shouldn't either ;)

Yes we can transfer funds but as my email clearly stated wu no longer sell imo's in australia.

cornflake

Veteran
OK, now I can see where all this confusion has come from.

For those of us who don't use Western Union there is an alternative answer......

7. What kind of Money order will I need?
All types of money orders are accepted and are to be in USD $. You are not required to send an 'international' money order, it can be regular or international.

ps. The original post by Gypsy (dated Sept. 22/ 2006) http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36745 has never been edited so nothing has changed in over 3 years.

I hope this has helped clear some of the confusion,,
good luck with your next seed purchase folks. :canabis:

It really doesn't clear anything up, as you offer an excerpt from the FAQ as support that we don't need an international mo, when it clearly says we need a $USD MO and your suggestion doesn't do that.

It says "All types of money orders are accepted and are to be in USD $".

That's the important bit. Although it says we don't have to send an International Money Order, clearly we Aussies do, as our only way to send a USD MO is to send an International MO.

We need ADMIN to clear this up ;)

yeah but they don't make the money order's out in US dollars and thats what you need...that's what cornflakes on about..so cash only.

Well if Smurf says it's successful man that's all that matters, BUT IT WOULD BE BETTER IF WE GOT WORD FROM SEEDBAY BEFORE MORE STUFFUPS AND CONFUSION HAPPENS IF SEEDBAY START TO REJECT THESE?

PMING GYPSY NOW....

Last edited:

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A storm in a tea cup,, hehe

Whether sending Australian Currency or a regular AU money order - whats the difference?... neither are remotely related to the green back,,, I fail to see the problem. All necessary requirements have been posted both on the Bay & here,, nothing has changed.

I will repeat - None of my AU MO have ever been rejected.

cornflake

Veteran
I could only hope seedbay will be happy to receive them

the difference is clearly to those who receive the Money Order, and of course it's a storm in a tyeacup when nothing goes wrong BUT clearly what you suggest is outside the stated FAQ and therefore we risk our money, wasted time waiting and cancelled seedbay account for non-payment, and a lost winning auction....

all because a nice guy named on the Net named Smurf offered some friendly advice

you don't seem to realise that the BAY used to be happy to receive CAD as well as USD MO's, but that this changed and for a reason

why would anyone take it upon themselves to send a MO in whatever currency is handy?

the MO is sent to UK, and as you may not have realised as you probably never worked for a bank (much to my misfortune I did), that you can't cash a AUD MO as easy as a USD MO.

still waiting for admin word....

cornflake

Veteran
unless the cash somehow goes "missing".

no security with cash unlike the ability to reclaim uncashed funds with a MO.

Gypsy replied to my pm, though I wish he'd just post his answer here, he said...

Sure I am happy with any method as long as we can cash the funds thru a bank at this end and not loose too much of the value in doing this....

Thanks.....Gypsy

So I trust using Regular Aussie Dollar MO's will be fine, thanks for your experienced response Smurf, and to your's Gypsy.

unless the cash somehow goes "missing".

Gypsy replied to my pm, though I wish he'd just post his answer here

So I trust using Regular Aussie Dollar MO's will be fine, thanks for your experienced response Smurf, and to your's Gypsy.

Can we get some solid confirmation of this please? Like a post by Gypsy in this thread or one in the seedbay forum??

Thanks.

(I thought I remember reading in the FAQ on seedboutique that it's ok to send MO's for ausie dollars but can't find it now.. Maybe I'm trippin? I know seedbay is not the same as seedboutique, but if you can combine orders for the two I don't see a problem with the same method of payment.)

Hughesy

Stink fist Listen Up, You been here 5 minutes you are asking Dead Set fuct up Questions. Read some learn some.

Last edited by a moderator:

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like Smurf has outlined quite clearly they accept aus money orders from australia post just need to work out the exchange rate plus postage not very hard i have used cash and money orders from australia post never had a problem...

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can we get some solid confirmation of this please? Like a post by Gypsy in this thread or one in the seedbay forum??

Thanks.

(I thought I remember reading in the FAQ on seedboutique that it's ok to send MO's for ausie dollars but can't find it now.. Maybe I'm trippin? I know seedbay is not the same as seedboutique, but if you can combine orders for the two I don't see a problem with the same method of payment.)

seedbay and seedboutique have different methods of payments(the boutique being the only one you can use credit cards with) like previously said its ok to send it in aussie dollars just as long as you have sent the right amount converted from U.S to Aussie dollars anymore questions reguarding seedbay or seedboutique can be asked in the appropriate forums here...

SEEDBAY FORUM...

SEEDBOUTIQUE FORUM...

"All types of money orders are accepted and are to be in USD $"

This is confusing.. The part that smurf quoted says "regular" money orders are accepted but they must be in USD (not converted from USD) and then goes on to say that they are available from walmart, etc. I realise that people have reportedly had some success here but before I send off any money I want some more clarity on this (I have posted in the seedbay forum) I can see where cornflake is coming from, it sounds like they are directly talking to people from the states.

Latest posts

Latest posts