What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds from durban area via capetown

This was my very first real grow. I ordered some "durban" These seeds were grown in Bloomington, Minnesota and they probably would have finished in to fat, beautiful buds if they hadn't been ripped by thieves. The weed that this seed came from was electric and completely cerebral. I remember closing my eyes and seeing all kinds of images. Some of the best, if not the best weed I've ever had. Hopefully someday I can grow out a wonderful strain like this electric sativa again.

I also had some swazi and it was terribly harsh and a nasty flavor but the high was very visual as well. IMHO you can't go wrong with african weed!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=513482&ppuser=1430

Citrus

Last edited by a moderator:

love?

Cool pics.

A mate recently visited South Africa and came back with Durban and Swazi seeds as well. His descriptions of them were also along the same lines as yours. Guess those are the two "big names" over there. Hope I get some of the seeds too and that they are viable... regarding that, did you notice any hermie issues or anything like that?

Sorry to hear about the rippers, especially when the weed was this special: your first grow!

I hope you get some of these seeds too! If you do, and you get a male in there with the girls, please, save a little pollen and make a few beans, the seed companies are destroying these old genetics and they need to be preserved!

No problems whatsoever with this plant, she grew a deep green color, the buds would have been heavy and she ate as much food as I would give her. The only trouble was with grasshoppers but I have a feeling that if I had access to raw milk to inoculate the soil at that time I could have raised the brix level high enough to fend them off. Even as it was the grasshoppers weren't terrible, just a nuisance. I could have bought an enzyme formula as well but I was a newbie at the time and didn't know 1/1000th of what I know now.

Cheers!

m137o

A mate recently visited South Africa and came back with Durban and Swazi seeds as well. His descriptions of them were also along the same lines as yours. Guess those are the two "big names" over there

Yup, Swazi is sold and grown all over the country. Our best would definitely be the Durban, from the Kwazulu Natal region (NE part of the country)

love?

Yup, Swazi is sold and grown all over the country. Our best would definitely be the Durban, from the Kwazulu Natal region (NE part of the country)
Thanks for the info!

Glad to say I got some Durban seeds from my friend and also seeds of something called Tarangi (not sure about the spelling). Do you know anything about it? My friend said that it had been much more seeded and generally of lesser quality than the Durban but then again you just said Durban is your best so I suppose that is to be expected. :)

Too bad I won't have space to grow any for a while. Also most of the seeds seem to be a bit immature but hopefully at least some will germinate. Really eager to grow some out, and if they turn out impractical indoors a cross with something like Power Plant from Dutch Passion or Banghi Haze from ACE Seeds could be fun to try I think. We'll see...

lowridersa

Tarangi - perhaps Tarrie. Thats it, weed seeded from the pondo region. Good light smoke. You will need space and time to grow them.

S

scoobie

SO ? where can I get the Best , most Authentic Durban Seeds From??? Here in Europe

love?

Tarangi - perhaps Tarrie. Thats it, weed seeded from the pondo region. Good light smoke. You will need space and time to grow them.
Thanks for the info! So far I've only gotten a few of the Tarrie/Tarangi germinated and none of them turned out to be female. Oh well, I've still got some left hopefully I will still get to experience it.

Do have a Durban girl flowering though! So far so good, despite being brought indoors. Very thin leaves. Here she is at 4 weeks:

picture.php

How awesome that the Football World Cup was held in South Africa, else I would have never got these seeds!

M

Mr. Mountain

^^^ Gorgeous! I'm sure she'll make you quite happy!

I used to grow Durban Poison outdoors in MI. She finished on time every year which was no easy feat.

The finished product had the most remarkable anise flavor and a killer up high.

Top shelf for sure.

lowridersa

Good to hear guys growing out Durbans finest. Sadly I have heard a story from some guys who have been involved with durban seeds for decades, and the landscape has changed not just from overseas genetics coming in, but from old school growers passing, and the younger generations not giving a damn what they are packing into sticks and slugs. Its a sad time, and defintely a time to preserve our genetics. So save that pollen, save those seeds, make more, and share.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Hmm, I love Durban Poison, was among the first strains i grew, but ended with a male, which was actually quite potent. Last time I sampled some was in A'dam, it felt like I was on speed, walking & walking for hours, unable to stop haha !
One hour before I had met a group of French teens who were looking for some place, then met them again after smoking the Durban. I was so sped up that I couldn't articulate correctly and probably looked like some real freak for I noticed in the eyes of the teens that they suddenly became quite scared and quickly left me.

Sadly I have heard a story from some guys who have been involved with durban seeds for decades, and the landscape has changed not just from overseas genetics coming in, but from old school growers passing, and the younger generations not giving a damn what they are packing into sticks and slugs.

Aaaww, very sad indeed. And it happens all over the world alas...

Irie !

E

elmanito

Hmm, I love Durban Poison, was among the first strains i grew, but ended with a male, which was actually quite potent. Last time I sampled some was in A'dam, it felt like I was on speed, walking & walking for hours, unable to stop haha !

Try to get PP next time when you're in A'dam.According to Docleaf it is Durban IBL.It reminds of the old Durban too back to the early 90s.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Try to get PP next time when you're in A'dam.According to Docleaf it is Durban IBL.It reminds of the old Durban too back to the early 90s.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

Im sorry about what is PP? Ive been looking for a great Durban Sativa with that true faster flowering trait it is known for.

Who has the best Durban commercially that is stable pure line?
It seems Sensi claims that thiers is 100% IBL never hybrid,, any grow reports?

SGS

lowridersa

Im sorry about what is PP
I think that is power plant, or PPP, pure power plant, which has original durban genetics from the 70's, please correct me if i am wrong. Durbans from sensi are true genes, and have a look on seedbay aswell, some good durban breeds. I dont think there are many pure lines left, but there are some private growers around the world that stock them in their secret gardens. Love to be african.

freaks

Hi !

I would really like to find Durban truths!
A powerful and fast sativa! Ideal for the crossing with plants has long flowering!!
I have a plant of South Africa, it could be connected with the durban…
But I seek durban original and I can go to South Africa…

Thank you for the info, I am impatient to see the continuation!
:thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts