What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed's collected in Puerto Rico in late 2001 early 2002 from Torres de Sabana Housing Projects.

J0sh1

Veteran
Old bagseeds from the early 2000's when I use to live full time in the island. Unknown genetics but it was sold as "Creepy" in the housing projects at the time. I have many bag seeds collected from around these times and some interesting things tend to be found.

I threw 10 seeds and only got 2 to sprout. Not to shabby for 20 + year old seeds.. Expecting anything, if male's pop up I'll keep pollen for a future repro. If not I have more seeds collected from this place and time period.

We will see how this goes...

full

Tiny sprout!

full

Eager to go!

full

J0sh1

Veteran
Agreee. It's not only an exotic place, its has historical significance. That housing project got demolished a few year ago and it was an infamous place with a lot street history. Ill be posting the whole backstory of the seeds when I have a minute.

Midbio

Agreee. It's not only an exotic place, its has historical significance. That housing project got demolished a few year ago and it was an infamous place with a lot street history. Ill be posting the whole backstory of the seeds when I have a minute.
That's super cool actually if you think about it, you might be the only one in the whole world who has seeds from that specific area/specific time

J0sh1

Veteran
Im gonna give a little more backstory on how I got these seeds.

full

Torres de Sabana Housing Projects, Carolina Puerto Rico

In late December 2001, I was in my sophomore year of college, and the weed-smoking habit I had picked up for myself in the summer of '94 was still going strong. During this time, I was experiencing growing pains in terms of cultivating cannabis and such. In those days, I was knowledgeable about the scene in Holland and kept abreast of developments in genetics through cannabis-related magazines like High Times, or by browsing the internet using platforms such as Yahoo, Lycos, or Altavista. I didn't acquire any confirmed varietals until 2003, and my first overseas purchase was made in 2007, but those are stories for another day.

full

"El Caserio" Carolina Puerto Rico

In Puerto Rico, during the prohibition era on the island before medicalization in 2015, anyone with a pulse on street activities knew that the go-to spot for acquiring drugs was a "Punto" in any of the public housing projects known as "Caserios." One could identify the location by looking for a lively crowd or "Corillo" of urban individuals with a distinct street-style appearance, sporting the latest trendy sports apparel, and loudly calling out for various drugs like "Pasto!!! Creepy!!! Perico!!!! Crack!!! Droga!!!" This was the unmistakable signal that you had arrived at the epicenter of open drug exchange in the Caserio.

During those times, I had a close friend who lived with his mother and brother in his grandmother's house off Avenida Campo Rico in Carolina. He was well-versed in the area, particularly familiar with the drug quality in Monte Hatillo, Country Club, and Torres de Sabana. As a bass player, and me being a drummer, we often jammed together while indulging in a fair amount of smoking. High-grade sinsemilla had been colloquially referred to as "Creepy" since the mid to late '80s on the island.

In the last week of December 2001, my buddy showed up at my house with $120 worth of "Creepy" he had acquired from Torres de Sabana. This was not unusual; anyone from Puerto Rico at that time would tell you that this was the standard procedure for scoring some grass. We typically smoked before jamming, but this time, as I watched my buddy break up the weed for rolling, I noticed him setting aside seeds. I was surprised because "Creepy" was usually seedless. I asked my buddy why the Creepy had seeds, thinking he might have been ripped off in the Punto. Upon inspecting the buds, they looked decent, not low-quality. By this time, I had already been collecting bag seeds, and I knew from my buddy that they were selling "Creepy" in the "callejon" of Torres de Sabana that might have seeds on it. We were all familiar with that spot; it was where we always bought our weed.

full

"El callejon en Torres de Sabana" Carolina Puerto Rico. In these alley's you could find the "tiradores" selling drugs.

That night, I managed to identify the first 16 seeds of "Creepy" from Torres de Sabana. We continued returning, and I succeeded in gathering a total of 74 seeds. I can confirm that by the second week of January 2002, we ceased finding seeds in what was being sold as "Creepy" because I documented it in my writings at that time.

I cannot claim to know the genetic origin or any additional details about the strains currently being documented here. My knowledge is limited to how I personally acquired these seeds, as I've been collecting and storing seeds for a significant portion of my life.

I'm curious to see what emerges from these seeds. I recall that those buds had a potent effect on us, so I'm content with whatever results may arise!

full

Torres de Sabana, Carolina Puerto Rico

Last edited:

Redrum92

That's a beautiful little bit of drug culture and history. I love it. That kind off stuff is lost to history so quickly either because it is secret and hidden, or because everyone involved doesnt bother documenting with pictures and writing to pass down.

William Burroughs has always been one of my favorite authors. Nasty man, but boy did he have an eye for culture. Documented his dope shooting and weed smoking all around the world in the 40s-60s. Fascinating stories almost lost to time.

Prefieres Ingles?

Hasch

learning and laughing
Thanks for sharing this grow and the history!

Am stoked to see how these turn out. Afaiu these will most probably have no modern dutch influence 🤩

All the best to the young ladies 👍🏼

🍿

J0sh1

Veteran
That's a beautiful little bit of drug culture and history. I love it. That kind off stuff is lost to history so quickly either because it is secret and hidden, or because everyone involved doesnt bother documenting with pictures and writing to pass down.

William Burroughs has always been one of my favorite authors. Nasty man, but boy did he have an eye for culture. Documented his dope shooting and weed smoking all around the world in the 40s-60s. Fascinating stories almost lost to time.

Prefieres Ingles?

Noted, I'll check William Burroughs out. The closet thing to anything drug related of historical value that ive read is Hashish, Wine and Opium by Charles Baudelaire on his experiences with the Club des Hashischins in France.

I think it's important to relate the histories of the past cause the cannabis industry now is very different to the dark, prohibition outlaw days.

J0sh1

Veteran
full

Already cut a few clones of the plant for the future. Im going to start a little project with this and preserve and work this a bit to see what can be found. I think it's important to preserve at least a little bit of Puerto Rico's outlaw drug culture out there.

Midbio

full

Already cut a few clones of the plant for the future. Im going to start a little project with this and preserve and work this a bit to see what can be found. I think it's important to preserve at least a little bit of Puerto Rico's outlaw drug culture out there.
I couldn't agree more. Especially now that the medical system is up and running in Puerto Rico and all the MSO like curaleaf and the rest are bringing in nothing but modern day cookies and gelatos and runts to the island pretty soon that's the only type of flower that you'll find there. So its excellent to preserve this slice of the past that you have.I would self pollinate one of the clones if I were you that way you can have clones and S1 seeds to explore through

Old Piney

Looks cool definitely keep it going in a perfect world you have a male and a female. Reminds me of a Brazilian Indica I had with that wide leaf and lime green color

goingrey

I might have it tested out just to see what it really is. Im going to be sprouting some more seeds sourced from the same place soon and post here.
Has some kind of successor to Phylos appeared or how do you mean tested?

J0sh1

Veteran
Looks cool definitely keep it going in a perfect world you have a male and a female. Reminds me of a Brazilian Indica I had with that wide leaf and lime green color

Im curious to know what it is as well. Down the line it's not out of the question for me to have it tested out and report back here. I have more seeds sourced here and they are catalogued by date of acquisition so I can reach into my library and actually source the seeds acquired from the same collection date once I determine the sex of this particular plant I will definitively crack out some more beans to reproduce and preserve.

I have a few little projects that im going to be working and documenting here on ICMAG regarding seeds sourced in Puerto Rico during prohibition era times.

Nobody has tasked themselves with this and I find its a worthwhile project to invest some time into it so im going to tackle it and preserve some little tid bit's of Puertorican outlaw plants/history out there.

J0sh1

Veteran
Has some kind of successor to Phylos appeared or how do you mean tested?

I mean Phylos when taking about testing, although being 100% honest im a little skeptical and concerned about what they will do with all the genetics collected in the future. Im on the fence about paying up just to have this company take whatever is submitted and then they use it for their own ends.

Still thinking about it cause im really curious to see if what actually was being peddled commercially in the island in those times.