What's new

seedlings just kinda stopped growing???

salgjkhaf

no. the others still only had their cotydelons and this one has a set of leaves by now and is looking healthy and liking how much water i am giving her.

but considering i am going to start some more seedlings in my rockwool cubes. any advice or place i can find a tutorial to start seeds in rockwool and transfer them to dwc?

:headbange

S

statictattoo

from what Ive read, soak the cubes in a 5.5 solition ( i used 1 gallon of distilled water, a drop of superthrive, 3 drops of 33% H202 and a few drops of PH down ) for 24 hours... as thats going on you should be germing your seeds, i used papertowel, same Solition as i used to soak the cubes BUT i soaked the paper towel BEFORE i ph downed it to 5.5.. it was about 6-6.5...
Once your seeds pop.. wait till the tap root is about 1/4 - 1/2" long, took about 24 hours for mine...

Place seeds in cubes, place under a humidity dome... once the seeds start popping out, take dome off...

Worked for me... my babies are doing awesome right now :)

salgjkhaf

i dont have any superthrive. i have al the GH flora series and all the Foxfarm hydro series. Will any of those work?

S

statictattoo

I think your sposta wait a few weeks to start feeding nutes

moonymonkey

stich,u said to never use distilled water on seedlings u mean cuz he,s usin rockwool??an no food in the water?...i know that distilled water is unstable...its ph can drop from ph 6.4 wen u buy it,to ph 6.0..with the lid on after a couple weeks..stich u talkin about micro,stuff thats alive?

salgjkhaf

statictattoo said:
I think your sposta wait a few weeks to start feeding nutes

yeah, but what if i use distilled water with just a few drops of nutes it it. say 4 drops flora micro and 2 drops flora bloom? just a REALLY light lucas formula?

S

statictattoo

don't use distilled water, it has no ph buffers.. i use drinking water, big 15 L things, that has less then 5ppm.. then mix up a 2.5 ml micro and 5 ml Bloom (half strenght lucas veg form)
That comes up like 260 ppm

S

statictattoo

heh i assume so, man i am not the person to be helping you, my babies are not looking their best at the moment... its either nute def. or nute burn.. heh n00b helping a n00b.. It'll get us in trouble fast lol... best of luck bro

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
I would never use superthrive on seedlings that size, should only be used when plants are stressed or use it when after transplanting...

Moon, distilled should never be used due to the fact like everyone has said, both about the pH and no micros in it which halt seedling growth.