What's new

seedlings dying second to third set of leaves

so i believe i have run into an off-gassing situation.
i have been a grower for 10 years
i have been trying to grow in a tent for the last year with hardly any luck. There's been something haunting me in the tent this unknown presence. i had tried everything to avail.(changing soil,strain,Nuts,clone,seed,lighting,air flow... and i kept going over the list again and again and again. At this point I freak out and build a grow box out of wood. I grow a set in the grow box and there doin awesome. I start to feel like i have my green thumb back. Its been a few weeks now and the plants start to get crowded so i move them into my tent. The next day first thing in the morning i go to check on them half of them are wilting. so i go through my check list. they dont need water. so i ask my self what did i do.... i couldnt really think of anything so i waited a day. now they all look droopy for no reason. I think to myself again what did i do?!?! I moved them into the tent. so in a freakout sort of state i (riped down the tent) like Flash. one day goes by they all look better again i dont even think it was 24 hours.
the tent i used was AGROMAX XL what do u suggest i do?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Do you have a picture from before u moved to the tent and one after?
Also, i would try new soil (one that others use with success, or even regular seed starting soil mix), less plants, maybe start some in the tent and some in the wood box, and keep it kiss, then at least u can rule out or confirm the tent being the problem. Trying so many things at once could make you feel you got all covered, but in reality you should be at the low end of the EC interval you say you tested, and they shouldn't even need nutes for a while. I know we all repeating stuff like this to you, but I also see you keep repeating the same stuff you did to us, when in reality you should abandon what you did till now cause it clearly didn't worked, and also doesn't seem that it helped you in any way to figure it out.
You may go back to basics and have good chances of getting healthy plants or figure this out, or continue this dance around the problem that doesn't help.
Putting all plants back in the tent when the ideea was to rule out or confirm the offgasing in there... BAD MOVE man!

slipdefeu

i buyed a cheap box 12yrs ago and your story is exactly the same i experienced...
so much seedlings dying quick, some stronger than others, suvivors with a new pair of leaves while precedent burn, i tried everything, at the end (6+month) i placed two sad plants in my cupboard with an eco led20w
2 days after they were back to life
Bro throw this coating in the trash asap!

i buyed a cheap box 12yrs ago and your story is exactly the same i experienced...
so much seedlings dying quick, some stronger than others, suvivors with a new pair of leaves while precedent burn, i tried everything, at the end (6+month) i placed two sad plants in my cupboard with an eco led20w
2 days after they were back to life
Bro throw this coating in the trash asap!
i am out of the tent since friday night and i already see the difference.haven't seen big green leaves 4 months now.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who makes the tent you are having this issue with? I've seen some Secret Jarden dr150 tents being advertised for 100$ on unknown websites. I really like Secret Jarden tents but their not cheap. I used my DR150 for over a decade. I recently just replaced it with the same size Mars tent. Never buy from these shady sites offering quality tents for less than half retail. These are most likely fake and made with inferior materials.

Last edited:
Who makes the tent you are having this issue with? I've seen some Secret Jarden dr150 tents being advertised for 100$ on unknown websites. I really like Secret Jarden tents but their not cheap. I used my DR150 for over a decade. I recently just replaced it with the same size Mars tent. Never buy from these shady sites offering quality tents for less than half retail. These are most likely fake and made with inferior materials.
the tent is an original and i don't think they are doing bussiness in your continent but it's getting big in europe.they contacted me again and they will take samples from my tent for testing so ill have to wait and see,if they find something,what that is.in the meantime they will send me another tent,different model so ill have to bite the bullet and try once again because i dont have a lightproof room and the tent is the easy way.i don't think it matters which company's tent this is,we all know who the manufacturers are and they can be making tents for dozen different companies.i just want people not to go through all this shit,and if they know that there are still tents or tubing or anything that kill plants to find out sooner than me.I found out because of someone else.I like their attitude so far,if i didn't i would have already name them but i don't wish bad for anyone,just people to be safer.I mean i have small pets in my house,people have children.If it is killing plants,it surely isn't good for us too.

update:5 days out of the tent.After 4 months i see the first side nodes on the seedling that was the test subject i had already removed from the tent 2 days before dissasembling it.i meen try to find on the net plants 1-2 months old without any,not small,side nodes.i have overwatered plants on my first grows,i have destroyed plants with those chinese ph meter with the screwdriver but never saw one plant with no side nodes and never killed seedlings before.I just had shitty harvests.The plants had their root showing 2-3 days after sprouting under the solo cup.just 1 root and then nothing.Now i can see a lot of roots from the bottom holes of the solo cups.I had 3 plants 1 month old that were trying to throw their 3rd set of leaves(five blades).one of them was the second subject removed 2 days prior the dissasembling.it was the sickest one,yellowing all over.it has nano leaves but growing green healthy sets.the other 2 are in the garbage.2 seedlings that sprouted at 25/10,had lived only 9 days in the tent,except the one of them that was already 2 days out,have already bigger leaves than the one that is healthy now but 1 month old(leaved in the tent 20+ days).The one of those 2 seedlings is the one that was 2 days out prior,this is the one that already have side nodes growing.It is either i learned how to grow in friday night or the tent was the problem.I want to see the test results and if the company says it's ok i have only send them 30x30 cm of the bottom and the canvas,i have the rest of the tent so if it doesn't cost crazy huge amounts of money ill procceed to test it for pthalates and voc.I have some sort of ptsd still,feeling that ill see white leaves again from my 4 months experience but i have to say everything new is looking green and healthy.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
If they asked for sample to test it they sound like they want to find out if there's a problem. For you to test it on your money maybe it's not worth it.. just do a comparison of 2-3 plants in tent and another 2-3 plants in other place that is not in same room with the tent, and you will know. I mean it's pretty bad looking plants, would be clear if the others are going decent. If both look bad.. then it's not the tent..
For them to ask for sample from your tent then just lie about testing seems way too low, so maybe you shouldn't think in advance that you need to test again. Wait for their response, then seewhat you can do.

If they asked for sample to test it they sound like they want to find out if there's a problem. For you to test it on your money maybe it's not worth it.. just do a comparison of 2-3 plants in tent and another 2-3 plants in other place that is not in same room with the tent, and you will know. I mean it's pretty bad looking plants, would be clear if the others are going decent. If both look bad.. then it's not the tent..
For them to ask for sample from your tent then just lie about testing seems way too low, so maybe you shouldn't think in advance that you need to test again. Wait for their response, then seewhat you can do.
When you do maths and you find a result you have to do the confirmation.i am not sure if i use the right word.And i thought about the way you say to do it,grow something isnide.i don't realy have the courage right now but it is the best way to know for sure after lab analysis.I am not 100% sure only because i haven't done the confirmation but let's say that what i say is true,do you think the tent is not the culprit?And if it's not the tent what could it be?

If they asked for sample to test it they sound like they want to find out if there's a problem.
you know that companies have legal teams etc right?They are made to produce wealth and sure if there is a problem they want to find and fix it before it bites them in the ass.That doesn't mean they will disclose foul play.Do you think they won't get advise from their legal team of how they should procceed with the case?I am not the one to take them to courts and all that shit but you know how things work.But i really want to know and if i don't like the answer ill put it to the test and disclose any bad behavior.Making a mistake is acceptable,even if it has fucked me till now but i only want honesty.if i am not treated like that i will make sure everyone knows in our small community who the bad guys are.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I am pretty sure they could have just said not our problem, our tents don't emit VOCs, but it's nice to overthink it. Atthe end of the day it's your tent, your time and your seeds. Many of us tried to help with sugestions, and many of them sugestions would have given you the response you need by now. I really hope you fix it, I can't tell you what it is for sure, but if it's not the tent (and I told you before I think is a small chance that is the problem), it must be something to do with the soil or what been watered on them. I don't know more than that, I hope you fix it, and I know you could have fixed it by now. You still can do it if you reread this thread and apply some of the advice that was given. Maybe it's the tent and you'll find that out soon, .. or ..maybe you just need to try other stuff when it just doesn't work in a certain way. Good luck finding out which one it is!

I can't tell you what it is for sure, but if it's not the tent (and I told you before I think is a small chance that is the problem), it must be something to do with the soil or what been watered on them
ok,wrong answer.if you read what i am writing you would know i changed soil and feedings/no feedings so it can't be that.sorry but there is nothing anyone wrote new to me or that i haven't tried.the only one that understood me was the guy that had experienced an offgasing tent.every other advice about how to grow wasn't wrong,it was just that i have already stated ive done everything.well i didn't go to buy vegan nutrients or dwc but there is nothing i read i haven't already tried.right now it looks like there is no problem any more so let's stay at that.

update pics of the survivor plant in and out of the tent and 3 weeks seedlings in and out of the tent.just so everyone is aware that it is still happening.i went to the garden store yesterday and it had garden hose and a lavel over it saying non toxic,doesn't kill plants.you can understand that there are still stuff out there made for gardening that are killing plants.

Attachments

• IMG_20220922_200835.jpg
    IMG_20220922_200835.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20221119_014525.jpg
    IMG_20221119_014525.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20220803_201924.jpg
    IMG_20220803_201924.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20221121_204007.jpg
    IMG_20221121_204007.jpg