What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seedling temp n th

trixP

What y’all like ??

Been hovering 75-79f 62-65%

Yes no ?!

Ak47

1/3 has sprouted from earth day 4 since paper towel. Also how many days in seedling til I flip to veg ??

Currently running190/200 ppfd

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
What y’all like ??

Been hovering 75-79f 62-65%

Yes no ?!

Ak47

1/3 has sprouted from earth day 4 since paper towel. Also how many days in seedling til I flip to veg ??

Currently running190/200 ppfd
I like to start my temps cooler in the beginning and slowly increase the temps just like Mother Nature does. Working my way up to 80 degrees, but with a very low humidity.

trixP

I like to start my temps cooler in the beginning and slowly increase the temps just like Mother Nature does. Working my way up to 80 degrees, but with a very low humidity.
Interesting still 1 of 3 has popped out the soil

All 3 cups always feel heavy havnt watered daily either…. Wondering i plopped the seeds to deep…… wondering if there was too much water…..

Have a heating Mat on 3/4 max

At night I can’t get it higher than 71/72F

Thinking of digging out the 2 that havnt sprouted from the soil n see what’s up we are on day 5..,.

Currently hovering 180-210 ppfd

Any tips greatly appreciated

Dime

You can raise yor temp with a sterilized cover or a cloning tray. Add a good amount of perlite to your soil and you won't over water. I've used pure perlite and just dunk the solo cup daily like hydroponics,you could buy a cheap moisture meter if you are unsure,it's good to have loose medium when they are fragile. Best of luck

trixP

You can raise yor temp with a sterilized cover or a cloning tray. Add a good amount of perlite to your soil and you won't over water. I've used pure perlite and just dunk the solo cup daily like hydroponics,you could buy a cheap moisture meter if you are unsure,it's good to have loose medium when they are fragile. Best of luck
Using Promix hp

Do I really need more perlite !?! Once I transplant them I’ll add some good thing I have 2 ak fem seeds left, have a moisture meter just not calibrated for sized pot

Dime

If the soil is staying wet and you think it's a problem.perlite will fix that. It depends on my temp ,if it's winter I use a dome until they break surface to keep the temp consistent and any drafts away .I have a bunch of trays and stack them if it's too warm on the mat or put a towel or something under the tray ,you can also buy a controller for your mat with probe,it's handy for clones as well . I just have a $10 moisture meter with dry ,moist,wet on it and probe in many spots,after a while you won;t need the meter and can tell by pot weight. I buy one bale of promix and a big green bag of perlite and mix them together . After drenching it squeeze some in your hand and see if it crumbles nicely without dripping

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Interesting still 1 of 3 has popped out the soil

All 3 cups always feel heavy havnt watered daily either…. Wondering i plopped the seeds to deep…… wondering if there was too much water…..

Have a heating Mat on 3/4 max

At night I can’t get it higher than 71/72F

Thinking of digging out the 2 that havnt sprouted from the soil n see what’s up we are on day 5..,.

Currently hovering 180-210 ppfd

Any tips greatly appreciated
I would dig down and see if they are growing up side down.

trixP

If the soil is staying wet and you think it's a problem.perlite will fix that. It depends on my temp ,if it's winter I use a dome until they break surface to keep the temp consistent and any drafts away .I have a bunch of trays and stack them if it's too warm on the mat or put a towel or something under the tray ,you can also buy a controller for your mat with probe,it's handy for clones as well . I just have a $10 moisture meter with dry ,moist,wet on it and probe in many spots,after a while you won;t need the meter and can tell by pot weight. I buy one bale of promix and a big green bag of perlite and mix them together . After drenching it squeeze some in your hand and see if it crumbles nicely without dripping

Bought the ac mat with controller cause the base model was out of stock

I thought of setting the probe and puttin the dome til a day later one of 3 sprouted

Have a full blue lab set up just didn’t call my pulse to the cup didn’t think I’d need too

Picked a barely used pulse 150$ 😎

trixP

A second popped through

Watered a very little, noticed they all drain afterwards, definitely over watered previous….. noticed they were lighter today anyway

Also noticed with little water one barely moved as I barely poured….

Good thing I didn’t pop all these fem seeds lol