What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seedling streetch

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
High-intensity lights like HPS are not the best light for seedlings. Florescent T8s have been the best for me for the past 100 years. It is all I ever use.😎

IMG_0102.JPG

Three Berries

I purposely grew my last two seedlings to stretch with the idea I would lay them in a trench when transplanting as I do with my tomatoes. But I used way to big of cup at 16 oz and the trench would have needed to be near 10" or so, bigger than my pot. Have to give that half full cup and fill idea a try. Or go to smaller cups.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I purposely grew my last two seedlings to stretch with the idea I would lay them in a trench when transplanting as I do with my tomatoes. But I used way to big of cup at 16 oz and the trench would have needed to be near 10" or so, bigger than my pot. Have to give that half full cup and fill idea a try. Or go to smaller cups.
That's a cool method TB, as long as the stems are young herbaceous and don't overwater, they'll yield a larger root ball.. Its works best when outdoors in super big fabric bags. 😎